Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

• Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
• Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
• If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
• On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed

Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Last edited by Thingywingy on May 07, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1037/1256) > >>

etech0:

--- Quote from: eli1571 on April 11, 2019, 07:49:36 AM ---how can i put the battery symbol (to see how much juice is left) on the bottom right hand corner of my screen ?
used to be there but disappeared recently

--- End quote ---
Click the up arrow next to those icons. Do you see the battery one? If yes, drag it over next to the ones that always show.

Yehudaa:
Printer problem:
I have a Brother HL-3170CDW that's printing with shaggy (for lack of a better term) lines of toner that are not sticking to the paper. It happens consistently in the same place on every paper, all the way down the paper. I cleaned all easily removable parts with a dry cloth. From the research I've done it seems like it might be a problem with the fuser- does that sound right? Anything I can do myself? Thanks for any help.

stooges44:

--- Quote from: Yehudaa on May 02, 2019, 07:25:14 PM ---Printer problem:
I have a Brother HL-3170CDW that's printing with shaggy (for lack of a better term) lines of toner that are not sticking to the paper. It happens consistently in the same place on every paper, all the way down the paper. I cleaned all easily removable parts with a dry cloth. From the research I've done it seems like it might be a problem with the fuser- does that sound right? Anything I can do myself? Thanks for any help.

--- End quote ---

Look at the drum, odds are you will notice something on the same place that the line appears on the papers. If you do see something there, replace the drum, it's cheaper then a fuser. If not, look at the fuser and see if there's something noticeable

Thingywingy:
I have tons of pictures on my computer and many of them are duplicates. Any recommendation for software that can help me delete the duplicates even if they have different file names?

Alexsei:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on May 17, 2019, 04:17:26 PM ---I have tons of pictures on my computer and many of them are duplicates. Any recommendation for software that can help me delete the duplicates even if they have different file names?

--- End quote ---
I use dupeGuru but a quick google search will give you a ton of other free tools https://lifehacker.com/the-best-duplicate-file-finder-for-windows-1696492476

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version