Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

• Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
• Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
• If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
• On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed

Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Last edited by Thingywingy on May 07, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1055/1256) > >>

Boruch999:
I just successfully replaced a cracked LCD on my Dell Vostro 15 following the instructions in the online manual.

The manual had me remove the bottom cover, remove battery, remove LED light, remove wifi card, remove fan, detach display assembly, remove bezel etc.

After doing it, I can't fathom why the LED and fan needed to be removed and actually don't see why the whole thing can't be done starting with removing the bezel and leaving the bottom closed and the display assembly attached.

Can anyone explain why the manual required so many seemingly unnecessary steps?

avromie7:

--- Quote from: Boruch999 on November 23, 2019, 03:58:49 PM ---I just successfully replaced a cracked LCD on my Dell Vostro 15 following the instructions in the online manual.

The manual had me remove the bottom cover, remove battery, remove LED light, remove wifi card, remove fan, detach display assembly, remove bezel etc.

After doing it, I can't fathom why the LED and fan needed to be removed and actually don't see why the whole thing can't be done starting with removing the bezel and leaving the bottom closed and the display assembly attached.

Can anyone explain why the manual required so many seemingly unnecessary steps?

--- End quote ---
Looks like the manual was having you separate the 2 halves of the laptop, probably a waste of time because it's not too difficult to remove the bezel without separating them.

Boruch999:

--- Quote from: avromie7 on November 26, 2019, 12:31:36 PM --- Looks like the manual was having you separate the 2 halves of the laptop, probably a waste of time because it's not too difficult to remove the bezel without separating them.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, that's what I suspected.  I'll know for next time.

etech0:
Just got my cyber monday laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1) and it makes a static-y chirping noise. Is that normal? It has SSD so it's not the hard drive (I think).

It gets louder when I switch to tablet mode.

Edit: and even louder when I plug in my dock and monitors.

lubaby:

--- Quote from: etech0 on December 16, 2019, 09:39:31 AM ---Just got my cyber monday laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1) and it makes a static-y chirping noise. Is that normal? It has SSD so it's not the hard drive (I think).

It gets louder when I switch to tablet mode.

Edit: and even louder when I plug in my dock and monitors.

--- End quote ---
Broken fan perhaps?

Can you go the full replacement route? If so, best to try and start over with a fresh working laptop..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version