Author Topic: Planing a trip  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Planing a trip
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 03:02:05 PM »
Basically, this is an argument that is going on for years and you can search all the travel websites and you will come out more confused than when you started. Ideally, split your time between both islands if you are there for more than a week.

Oh, and Dan - make sure you get there soon because it truly is one of the most amazing places in the world. Can't wait for that trip report. Sorry, no kosher food in Bora Bora though in Tahiti there is a Shul with a minyan on Shabbos
I would definitely spend time on Moorea and Bora Bora just to settle the debate once and for all!

Now if anyone wants to sponsor 2 tickets from PPT to BOB for us I'll be there in a jiffy with a full comparison!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »
The Diamond desk said they know people have contacted the hotel directly and were able to work something out but didnt know if that was using $$ or Pts. Also the 50k per night is when making a res for 1-3 nights once you stay somewhere for at least 4 nights there are some promos that will reduce the amount of pts needed.

the basic Award rooms are the Garden Bungalows and not Over the water
True, but I doubt I would stay in Moorea for more than 3 nights...especially if they make you shell out $$$ for an OWB that the St Regis BOB gives to SPG Plats for free.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline leibima

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
True, but I doubt I would stay in Moorea for more than 3 nights...especially if they make you shell out $$$ for an OWB that the St Regis BOB gives to SPG Plats for free.

I can't argue with that. Garden bungalow Moorea vs OWB in Bora Bora - YOU WIN!!

Offline est

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
since I see that there are so many people willing to help out the less talented ones out there - Ill try to be a little more specific than the poster before. Im also looking to go away with my husband for a couple of days, but I will be taking a baby along so Im a little limited. I would like to drive from nj. either to a resort or a place with basic attractions, such as boating, or any exciting thing that can be done with a baby - no nature!  and the most important is good places to eat - a nearby minyan wouldnt hurt... pretty vague but as specific as i can get! we have 23,000 starpoints on one, 7,500 on another and also 22,500 continental points on one acct and 37,800 on another. If these points can get me anywhere worthwhile I would do that. Also if opening a new cc would help out im open...
since so many of you really seem to enjoy planning trips i look forward to great ideas... TAHNX

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 10:42:12 PM »
since I see that there are so many people willing to help out the less talented ones out there - Ill try to be a little more specific than the poster before. Im also looking to go away with my husband for a couple of days, but I will be taking a baby along so Im a little limited. I would like to drive from nj. either to a resort or a place with basic attractions, such as boating, or any exciting thing that can be done with a baby - no nature!  and the most important is good places to eat - a nearby minyan wouldnt hurt... pretty vague but as specific as i can get! we have 23,000 starpoints on one, 7,500 on another and also 22,500 continental points on one acct and 37,800 on another. If these points can get me anywhere worthwhile I would do that. Also if opening a new cc would help out im open...
since so many of you really seem to enjoy planning trips i look forward to great ideas... TAHNX

Newport,RL only problem is no *Ws . so you can either stay in Providence which will offer more food wise, or trade someone SPG for Hyatt and stay at the Hyatt in Newport. theres a shul with a daily minyan Touro Syn

between clif walk, taking a sunset sail, going to a couple of the Mansions (The Breakers and Marble House are MUSTs) you have  afew days covered. Or you can add Mystic Seaport to the mix going to or leaving Newport.  No flights needed

Offline Yoko

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »
Alright, enough with the bashing. We pushed off our bigger trip for the winter. Now were looking for a summer trip, 3-4 days, 2 families with kids 3 years old.

I think Ocean City, MD would be nice.

Anyone know of a nice place to stay, we don't want to use points, preferably with a pool.