Author Topic: Visible (Verizon) cell phone service  (Read 28762 times)

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: Visible cell phone service ($40 unlimited)
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2022, 11:32:39 AM »
Right. Won't work on a flip phone. But if you have a smartphone that's less than 3 years old it will probably work even if not officially supported. For example, DD's iPhone 13 wasn't officially on their eSIM compatibility list but it still worked in Israel in January.
Using a regular sim card?

The list is a joke
Apple iPhones

AVAILABLE NOW

iPhone SE
iPhone 11,
11 Pro,
11 Pro Max
iPhone XS,
XS Max
iPhone XR
COMING SOON

iPhone 13,
13 Pro,
13 Pro Max,
13 Mini
iPhone 12,
12 Pro,
12 Pro Max,
12 Mini
Google Pixels

AVAILABLE NOW

Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5,
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2022, 11:33:30 AM »
Using a regular sim card?
Nope. eSIM.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2022, 11:36:10 AM »
iPhone 13 is on the list
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2022, 11:47:17 AM »
iPhone 13 is on the list
Wasn't at the time

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2022, 11:06:47 PM »
Thinking of switching, any updated thoughts?
Is it good?
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Yisroel Tech

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Verizon NVMO -Invite code
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2022, 09:39:02 AM »
Bump
WOW, enjoying this party at $25/m for over two years now...

Visible recently announced that they're stopping to offer this Party Pay thingy. They're going to offer a $30/m base plan and a $45/m Visible Plus plan. See more details here https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/visible-is-updating-its-plans-but-party-pay-is-going-away/

Thankfully so far they're letting existing clients grandfathered in "as long as we support the plan and the cloud network structure."

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Visible (Verizon) cell phone service
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »
My former group lost a member. So we all switched to VisibleDDParty. Thanx @Yisroel Tech

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2022, 11:56:19 AM »
My former group lost a member. So we all switched to VisibleDDParty. Thanx @Yisroel Tech
👍

Nice that they allowed you to switch to a new party, given that they now stopped supporting Party Pay for people that aren't in a party yet.

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2023, 09:07:12 PM »
Visible has been bombarding me with emails to update my phone plan or else. Is everyone getting this? Any ideas what to do if my phone isn't compatible?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2023, 09:20:50 PM »
Visible has been bombarding me with emails to update my phone plan or else. Is everyone getting this? Any ideas what to do if my phone isn't compatible?
Can you elaborate? Is the upgraded plan for expensive? Why is your phone not compatible?

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2023, 10:32:16 PM »
Can you elaborate? Is the upgraded plan for expensive? Why is your phone not compatible?
Apparently the old visible plans work on a different system that is getting shut down and everyone will need to upgrade to the new visible plans. Which means no more party pay. They have 2 new plans to choose from and if you move from Party Pay you will get a discount on the new plan.  The cheaper of which will cost $25 like Party Pay.
Im not sure why my phone isn't compatible. I originally thought it's because my phone doesn't have 5g. However I know of a couple people that were able to make the switch even though they don't have 5g phones.

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2023, 10:34:27 PM »
Here is the email I received today:

This is an official notice that you must take action to keep your Visible service active, as your current phone is not compatible with our new network. Several changes to your account will happen if you do not.

Network shutdown

The network your plan is on will be shut down in September, and your service and all account access will terminate on or before that time if you have not yet upgraded to a newer phone.

Payments

After July 1, autopay will be turned off. You will only be able to make manual payments through your July payment date, as your plan won't be up for renewal after that.

Avoid service termination

To avoid these actions, you need to upgrade to a newer phone now.

Required action:

Select the phone you want.
Choose the new Visible plan.
Once you receive your phone, login to the Visible app to activate it.

Upgrade to a newer phone now
Mobile number access

We hope you upgrade to our new network, but if you plan to leave Visible and wish to take your number with you, you must request to port out your phone number before September, or else you may lose access to it. Do not cancel your Visible service first, or you will automatically lose access to your number.

Privacy Policy

If you have any questions about your privacy rights, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

In times of traffic your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Mobile hotspot at speeds capped at 5 Mbps, limited to one device.

Improvements based on comparison of metrics on old network vs. new network, including latency and call reliability.

Offer disclosure: Offer Ends 9/30/23; subject to change.

Existing members upgrading from the Visible Unlimited plan qualify to receive $10/mo off the Visible+ plan or $5/mo off the Visible plan. Promotion will automatically apply to qualifying members, reflected as either a $10 discount off the normal rate of the Visible+ plan or a $5 discount off the normal rate of the Visible plan.

Promo is not transferable, not redeemable for cash and has no cash value. Member must maintain service on the Visible+ plan or Visible plan to maintain promotion; no value will be provided to the member if an account is terminated or migrates to an ineligible plan.

Promo applies to service charges and the member is responsible for all applicable taxes and fees. Promo may not be combined with any other service promotion, such as VIP/VBPP discounts and Connection Protection Program. Bring a Friend offer for referrals made will apply after the first month of service and remains subject to the Bring a Friend terms and conditions.

Visible reserves the right to change or terminate this offer at any time, with or without notice, including for any violation of Visible’s terms of service. If Visible, in its sole discretion, determines that a member has engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with this offer, or that the member intends to do so, Visible reserves the right to disqualify the member from this promotion.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2023, 11:17:19 PM »
Apparently the old visible plans work on a different system that is getting shut down and everyone will need to upgrade to the new visible plans. Which means no more party pay. They have 2 new plans to choose from and if you move from Party Pay you will get a discount on the new plan.  The cheaper of which will cost $25 like Party Pay.
Im not sure why my phone isn't compatible. I originally thought it's because my phone doesn't have 5g. However I know of a couple people that were able to make the switch even though they don't have 5g phones.
Correct, that's why I wondered.

Which phone do you have? Is this also the phone you see when you login to your Visible account (if you used in the past another old phone, I found that the system doesn't update to the new model you might be using.)

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2023, 11:49:51 PM »
Correct, that's why I wondered.

Which phone do you have? Is this also the phone you see when you login to your Visible account (if you used in the past another old phone, I found that the system doesn't update to the new model you might be using.)

I'm using a pixel 3. Same device I signed up with.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2023, 11:59:17 PM »
I'm using a pixel 3. Same device I signed up with.
Indeed, I see that it's not supposed to be compatible with the new plan/network.

If you want to risk it you can do what other people report as working for them. Just order the sim (follow the upgrade process) for the new plan and when it asks for a phone select an iPhone. Then when you get the SIM you can follow the normal directions to activate it and it works. (The risk is that it won't work and you won't be helped by them since it's not officially supported. I've seen at least one person reporting that the Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi calling didn't work for him after doing this.)

Offline bhoaem

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2023, 12:05:24 AM »
Indeed, I see that it's not supposed to be compatible with the new plan/network.

If you want to risk it you can do what other people report as working for them. Just order the sim (follow the upgrade process) for the new plan and when it asks for a phone select an iPhone. Then when you get the SIM you can follow the normal directions to activate it and it works. (The risk is that it won't work and you won't be helped by them since it's not officially supported. I've seen at least one person reporting that the Mobile Hotspot and Wi-Fi calling didn't work for him after doing this.)

When selecting Iphone it doesn't ask for an IMEI number?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2023, 12:08:09 AM »
When selecting Iphone it doesn't ask for an IMEI number?
That's my understanding from multiple posts. (If it does ask you can try locating some IMEI of eBay (a lot of sellers list the IMEI for the buyers to be able to check it.)