Author Topic: Frum Orthodox Pilots  (Read 41056 times)

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Frum Orthodox Pilots
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »
So I have many friends that are frum \ Orthodox in flight training including myself and I know some frum pilots also, what are your thoughts of frum Pilots flying your Airplane? the future looks very positive!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Frum Orthodox Pilots
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
So I have many friends that are frum \ Orthodox in flight training including myself and I know some frum pilots also, what are your thoughts of frum Pilots flying your Airplane? the future looks very positive!
I know a guy in PIT. I think it's great! Solid income, I may feel bad for their wife and kids, but that is something very personal which is up to them.

If you ever want someone to bring as a +1 let me know :)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Twin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »
Why would I care if a frum pilot is flying my plane or if it's a atheist flying it?

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »
How am I going to fly on Friday nights?  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
Why would I care if a frum pilot is flying my plane or if it's a atheist flying it?

Because  this is dansdeals.com LOL  ;D

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
How am I going to fly on Friday nights?  :)

There are ways around this, like flying on Sundays and Legal holidays where many Pilots don't want to fly.

Offline Twin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
Because  this is dansdeals.com LOL  ;D
???????

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »
better question if you had frum people on your flight would you give them 1st class empty seats? I think that'll help people decide if they want a frum captain or not ;) .

This topic reminds me of this old joke

"On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA., a middle-aged, well-to-do woman found herself sitting next to a man wearing a kippa. She called the attendant over to complain about her seating.

'What seems to be the problem Madam?' asked the attendant.

You've sat me next to a Jew!! I can't possibly sit next to this disgusting person. Find me another seat!'

'Please calm down Madam.' the attendant replied. 'The flight is very full today, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll go and check to see if we have any seats available in club or first class.'

The woman shoots a snooty look at the snubbed Jewish man beside her (not to mention many of the surrounding passengers).

A few minutes later the attendant returned. The woman could not help but look at the people around her with a smug and self satisfied grin.

The flight attendant then says...'Madam, unfortunately, as I suspected, economy is full. I've spoken to the cabin services director, and club is also full. However, we do have one seat in first class.'

Before the lady has a chance to respond, the attendant continues...'It is most extraordinary to make this kind of upgrade, however, and I had to get special permission from the captain. But, given the circumstances, the captain felt that it was outrageous that someone should be forced to sit next to such a person.'

The flight attendant turned to the Jewish man sitting next to her, and said: 'So if you'd like to get your things, sir, I have your seat in first class ready for you...'

The lady says indignantly 'I think that The Captain must have made some kind of mistake.'

To which the attendant replied,' No M'am. Captain Cohen never makes any mistakes.'"
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »
I can't wait to get my license.... Started flying lessons

Offline popcorn1508

• View Profile
  • Programs: national executive elite, hertz presidents circle
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
better question if you had frum people on your flight would you give them 1st class empty seats? I think that'll help people decide if they want a frum captain or not ;) .

"On a Northwest Airways flight from Atlanta, GA., a middle-aged, well-to-do woman found herself sitting next to a man wearing a kippa. She called the attendant over to complain about her seating.

You've sat me next to a Jew!! I can't possibly sit next to this disgusting person. Find me another seat!'

'Please calm down Madam.' the attendant replied. 'The flight is very full today, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll go and check to see if we have any seats available in club or first class.'

The woman shoots a snooty look at the snubbed Jewish man beside her (not to mention many of the surrounding passengers).

A few minutes later the attendant returned. The woman could not help but look at the people around her with a smug and self satisfied grin.

The flight attendant then says...'Madam, unfortunately, as I suspected, economy is full. I've spoken to the cabin services director, and club is also full. However, we do have one seat in first class.'

Before the lady has a chance to respond, the attendant continues...'It is most extraordinary to make this kind of upgrade, however, and I had to get special permission from the captain. But, given the circumstances, the captain felt that it was outrageous that someone should be forced to sit next to such a person.'

The flight attendant turned to the Jewish man sitting next to her, and said: 'So if you'd like to get your things, sir, I have your seat in first class ready for you...'

The lady says indignantly 'I think that The Captain must have made some kind of mistake.'

To which the attendant replied,' No M'am. Captain Cohen never makes any mistakes.'"
;D

Offline Twin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 08:04:36 PM »

;D ;D
Ok I change my opinion it would be great if we had frum pilots. Now we need a thread so that all pilots could tell us what flight there flying.lol

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:13:11 PM »
Ok I change my opinion it would be great if we had frum pilots. Now we need a thread so that all pilots could tell us what flight there flying.lol
So sad.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »

HAHAHAHAHH  :)

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »
I can't wait to get my license.... Started flying lessons

+100

Offline smaxber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:35 PM »

+1 :D

;D ;D
[

LOL

Offline Twin

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
So sad.
Why can't I we use our perk that we all care for each other like brothers.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:21:07 PM »
:o

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »
I guess I just can't understand this brother thing.  ;)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
I guess I just can't understand this brother thing.  ;)
Well you know what you gotta do to get it... (hint: look up your Sig :P )
Back OT, that would be my dream job, though it would never fly by my wife (pun intended).

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:34 PM »
I have a friend that is a pilot albeit for small planes
(for a hobby)
But i really wouldn't give a darn who the pilot is on my flight.
I just hope if he is frum he won't wake me up for minyan ;)