Author Topic: Monsey News  (Read 94090 times)

Offline Moshke

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Monsey News
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:13 AM »
C/P
Drivers response :
There were 4 girls coming on to my bus, disrespectful, rude, nasty and shouting at me things that I wouldn't want to repeat here. I asked them nicely to behave and get inside. They just continued being nasty and rude and were distracting me from driving safely. I told them to please behave or I'll have to remove them from the bus. Happens to be a cop passed by so I flashed him, explained him the story and he commanded the girls off the bus. We arrived at our destination with all other passengers safely.
A gite vuch

Offline yoruel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
http://rocklandgov.com/files/9314/2056/3941/Monsey_P__R_10_23_2014_Public_Info_Presentation.pdf

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that using the back of the drive-in is a better idea? That space is many times the size of what's being used now.

Making a new one by the 306 and 59 is just gonna make a crazy intersection crazier.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline JayR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:49 AM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that using the back of the drive-in is a better idea? That space is many times the size of what's being used now.

Making a new one by the 306 and 59 is just gonna make a crazy intersection crazier.

+1. First lets get double lanes to handle the current traffic before adding a hotspot for taxis, buses, and 370 :o parking spots
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »
Good evening,

I met with the county on Friday and they shared the following:  They are well aware of the closing of the Flea Market Park n Ride in three weeks. There is in fact a 300+ car lot planned behind Goodyear tire in Monsey.   However, due to certain environmental factors (one legged bats and other creations of G-D) they have to wait for additional studies and could not begin cutting trees.  At this point it will have to wait until October.  Stay tuned.  See link for proposed detailshttp://rocklandgov.com/files/9314/2056/3941/Monsey_P__R_10_23_2014_Public_Info_Presentation.pdf and attached PDF.

In the interim, the county is in regular contact with MT (that was comforting).  They are exploring quick fixes for the flea market closure. 

1. This includes contact with a number of retail establishments and private lots between rt 59 and new square along rt 45.  I believe they will identify something shortly.  Getting a lease signed will determine timing......   

2. For the central and southern commuters the County is  expanding the Monsey lot behind the screen, putting in  more lighting and striping the spaces. 

We then discussed the long term plans for making changes to the routes and lots to accommodate the changing population demographics.  They are very sensitive of our travel time to/from our homes to the commuter lots.  Just as we don’t they too do not want congestion, wasting of fuel and loss of our precious time.  Along with MT making adjustments to the route pickups, accommodating the riders needs and security, these ideas were floated and discussed briefly:  

·         A Jitney to go to a few areas and shuttle riders to the Central Park N rides.

·         A stop in the Montvale GSP stop for the Chestnut Ridge neighborhoods (only if more spaces become available).   MT would have to contact the State to make this work.  

·         The Eugene Levy Park N Ride on rt 45. Has plenty of available spaces – this would require a bus starting further North.

·         The Hillcrest shopping center

·         The parking lot by the SV police station, 

·         Rt 306 and Viola if the land is available – although that would be an approval process

·         And other locations.

If you know the owner of any space that can host 50+ cars and would be amenable to it, please let me know and I will forward to the transportation planner.   If you know of an owner that would accommodate us in central or north Monsey along the existing routes for a 6-9 month period that too would be very helpful as a gap filler for the void.

They were very interested in the Survey results.  It helps them with allocating budget to us and MT.  Please print out a few copies of the attached and ask your feller rider who may not have email to complete and fax it back for him/her.   I would like to get to 500-600 replies.  We have 314.  Below are some results.

We left with a few to do’s on each side of the table to address the immediate concerns and will be in touch again this week.

IY’H good news will come.   

Have a good night.

Duvie Koegel

If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Einstein

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2015, 11:28:08 PM »
Good evening,

I met with the county on Friday and they shared the following:  They are well aware of the closing of the Flea Market Park n Ride in three weeks. There is in fact a 300+ car lot planned behind Goodyear tire in Monsey.   However, due to certain environmental factors (one legged bats and other creations of G-D) they have to wait for additional studies and could not begin cutting trees.  At this point it will have to wait until October.  Stay tuned.  See link for proposed detailshttp://rocklandgov.com/files/9314/2056/3941/Monsey_P__R_10_23_2014_Public_Info_Presentation.pdf and attached PDF.

In the interim, the county is in regular contact with MT (that was comforting).  They are exploring quick fixes for the flea market closure.

1. This includes contact with a number of retail establishments and private lots between rt 59 and new square along rt 45.  I believe they will identify something shortly.  Getting a lease signed will determine timing......   

2. For the central and southern commuters the County is  expanding the Monsey lot behind the screen, putting in  more lighting and striping the spaces.

We then discussed the long term plans for making changes to the routes and lots to accommodate the changing population demographics.  They are very sensitive of our travel time to/from our homes to the commuter lots.  Just as we don’t they too do not want congestion, wasting of fuel and loss of our precious time.  Along with MT making adjustments to the route pickups, accommodating the riders needs and security, these ideas were floated and discussed briefly: 

·         A Jitney to go to a few areas and shuttle riders to the Central Park N rides.

·         A stop in the Montvale GSP stop for the Chestnut Ridge neighborhoods (only if more spaces become available).   MT would have to contact the State to make this work. 

·         The Eugene Levy Park N Ride on rt 45. Has plenty of available spaces – this would require a bus starting further North.

·         The Hillcrest shopping center

·         The parking lot by the SV police station,

·         Rt 306 and Viola if the land is available – although that would be an approval process

·         And other locations.

If you know the owner of any space that can host 50+ cars and would be amenable to it, please let me know and I will forward to the transportation planner.   If you know of an owner that would accommodate us in central or north Monsey along the existing routes for a 6-9 month period that too would be very helpful as a gap filler for the void.

They were very interested in the Survey results.  It helps them with allocating budget to us and MT.  Please print out a few copies of the attached and ask your feller rider who may not have email to complete and fax it back for him/her.   I would like to get to 500-600 replies.  We have 314.  Below are some results.

We left with a few to do’s on each side of the table to address the immediate concerns and will be in touch again this week.

IY’H good news will come.   

Have a good night.

Duvie Koegel
Here is the link to the survey, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MonseyTrails-a-survey-by-the-riders

If anybody needs to get in touch with the organizer of this project is welcome to PM me, I know him personally and can get any message passed on to him
If you think nobody cares about you... just forget to pay your credit card bill

Offline yoruel

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
From a Shul Email

I have been informed that there will be no sanitation pickup today due to religious observance [i cannot imagine why this excuse is being used today, when there was pickup on 12/25!! but it is what it is].

If you have any chametz in your possession, place it in a trash can and put it out in the street. This is considered 'hefker'--ownerless, and you can leave it there. If you wish to remove it completely, place it in one of the bins provided around town.

Have a chag kasher vesameach

Rabbi xxxxx

Offline JayR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »
No problems by me. Garbage was picked up this morning although it doesn't look like they are going around 2 times like the past couple of years.
You can modify your original post. The modify button is right next to the quote button.

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »
Fwd: I just got a ticket on Route 59 for talking on my cell phone.  The cop told me they have a ticket blitz tonight for ppl on cell phones all along Rt 59 from Spring Valley to Suffern. I saw a lot of ppl stopped for tickets. Please let ppl know.
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline peacenlove613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »

Fwd: I just got a ticket on Route 59 for talking on my cell phone.  The cop told me they have a ticket blitz tonight for ppl on cell phones all along Rt 59 from Spring Valley to Suffern. I saw a lot of ppl stopped for tickets. Please let ppl know.
+1
I just saw 2 cops on maple ave

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
So where did everybody park today?
Anyone know what the plan is after this week?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Hirshthg

• View Profile
    • Zev Goldstein Esq. New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:08 PM »

Clarkstown Police Department announced the blitz and I find them relatively communicative on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/clarkstownpd/timeline

Offline yoruel

• View Profile

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2015, 11:57:36 PM »
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2015/08/14/ramapo-125m-upgrade-coming-busy-forshay-road/31712845/

that will be very helpful -- especially the left turning lane onto Viola to avoid long back ups. the construction could take a long time, the article doesn't say how long. will be good when it's finished.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2015, 12:02:18 AM »
On that subject, anyone know when the construction on Union Rd. is supposed to finish? Last year thay had a date posted, but this year they don't.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2015, 11:49:37 AM »
On that subject, anyone know when the construction on Union Rd. is supposed to finish? Last year thay had a date posted, but this year they don't.
Is this the one by those apartments buildings they have been working on for years?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »
Is this the one by those apartments buildings they have been working on for years?

Not sure what you mean by apartment buildings, but it's that culvert and bridge thing they've been working on for years.

About halfway between Viola and Maple.

Offline yoruel

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »
it's been going on for a couple of days already, not much doing.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline yoruel

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
Any 1 going on the Double Deckers today?