Author Topic: Corporate revenge, the how to idea thread  (Read 2418 times)

Offline SPOOGER

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Corporate revenge, the how to idea thread
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
     This is a VERY short version of a day in the life of DDF'rs.
When this happens to me   I try to get under their skin, threaten, and try to piss them off.
  What have you done, or plan on doing when this happens?

So you just spent the last hour arguing about you fee/bill/charge. You just spoke with three agents and two supervisors. The first agent was from central Asia and spoke less English than your cleaning lady. The second agent was a nice sweet woman  but no matter how many times you try to explain the situation all she does is refer back to the notes and comes back more confused, each time she puts you on A 10 min hold. Finally you get to speak with the Nasty type that  insists that all the charges are valid. All she says is that there is nothing she can do. When you ask  her to refer back to the notes you learn the last two weeks of notes contain nothing more that a reference of you calling in to say the charges are invalid but leave out ALL the information you want to be there
  By this time you are so frustrated you ask to speak to a supervisor. The agent puts you on hold and that's when you look at you phone screen and notice you have been on the phone for the last hour. She comes back after two min and says my supervisor is on another call an I will have her call you back within the next 48 hours
  As you wait the next two days your frustration slowly dissipates. But the call never arrives. You call back and demand to speak with a supervisor the startled agent ask if she can help with anything, and thats when you start ranting about how you spoke with three ppl already and was promised a call back but no one ever called. The agent somehow coaxes  you into giving you more information, this  agent finally seems like she is efficient smart and capable and you start to get excited the issue will finally be resolved. She asks you politely if you mind is she puts you on hold while she can review all the notes. You stop hyperventilating, and already seeing the end of the crazy issue. She comes back after five minutes and somehow all the missing notes you wanted the other agents to see are all there. But there is a catch, the agent realizes that the issue is was above her pay grade and promises you a callback form the research departments supervisor.
  Two days later you are still livid, all you spoke about for the past two days was how this company was ripping you off And how you are going to sue them......
  Then the phone rings, it's a semi rough voiced manager that gets straight to the point, he researched the issue and determined that the charge is a valid charge BUT as a courtesy  he can offer you a $20 statement credit. Your mind is kinda more pissed that you even understand why, you start telling him that they lied to you and you where promised .......they are a cheat and how can a company like this beat people out of their money like this. If he doesn't give you what you want you want to cancel your service. He responded in his (now creepy) rough voice "sure, but I see you still have 18 months with us so it will cost you $150 to cancel"

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Corporate revenge, the how to idea thread
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
Sounds very much like my recent experience with Sprint regarding my mil's account

Offline Shreknit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »
Yes had this with AT&T as well

Offline DovtheBear

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
Benn having this with Delta. I emailed them so much they responded "unfortunately, there is nothing more I can add.  I am sorry to say that any further correspondence would only be repetitive and unlikely to prove productive.  Therefore, we will not be responding to this matter again."  >:( >:(
"להסתובב זה לא אומר להיות חופשי"

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
Don't get worked up over less than $100.

Dispute it with the cc company, write in and email executives politely and it will get cleared.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »
Benn having this with Delta. I emailed them so much they responded "unfortunately, there is nothing more I can add.  I am sorry to say that any further correspondence would only be repetitive and unlikely to prove productive.  Therefore, we will not be responding to this matter again."  >:( >:(

What was the issue?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline DovtheBear

• View Profile
  • Programs: Regus Gold, Hertz 5 Star, National Executive, Sixt Platinum, Chase Debit, Rav Kav Emerald
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »
Our party of 11 got to check in counter about an hour before the flight and the flight manager refused to check in; said that she had to close up. Cost $250 per ticket to reschedule for 2 days later. >:(

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
Our party of 11 got to check in counter about an hour before the flight and the flight manager refused to check in; said that she had to close up. Cost $250 per ticket to reschedule for 2 days later. >:(
isn't domestic rule 45 min before flight-for luggage?
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline DovtheBear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
isn't domestic rule 45 min before flight-for luggage?
it was TLV-JFK

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
it was TLV-JFK

So according to their terms they don't really owe you anything?

Not that I wouldn't have tried to fight it myself. I would have. But yeah....

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
it was TLV-JFK
Check in dead line is 45 min, very weird
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline raphy781

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 11:35:45 PM »
     This is a VERY short version of a day in the life of DDF'rs.
When this happens to me   I try to get under their skin, threaten, and try to piss them off.
  What have you done, or plan on doing when this happens?

So you just spent the last hour arguing about you fee/bill/charge. You just spoke with three agents and two supervisors. The first agent was from central Asia and spoke less English than your cleaning lady. The second agent was a nice sweet woman  but no matter how many times you try to explain the situation all she does is refer back to the notes and comes back more confused, each time she puts you on A 10 min hold. Finally you get to speak with the Nasty type that  insists that all the charges are valid. All she says is that there is nothing she can do. When you ask  her to refer back to the notes you learn the last two weeks of notes contain nothing more that a reference of you calling in to say the charges are invalid but leave out ALL the information you want to be there
  By this time you are so frustrated you ask to speak to a supervisor. The agent puts you on hold and that's when you look at you phone screen and notice you have been on the phone for the last hour. She comes back after two min and says my supervisor is on another call an I will have her call you back within the next 48 hours
  As you wait the next two days your frustration slowly dissipates. But the call never arrives. You call back and demand to speak with a supervisor the startled agent ask if she can help with anything, and thats when you start ranting about how you spoke with three ppl already and was promised a call back but no one ever called. The agent somehow coaxes  you into giving you more information, this  agent finally seems like she is efficient smart and capable and you start to get excited the issue will finally be resolved. She asks you politely if you mind is she puts you on hold while she can review all the notes. You stop hyperventilating, and already seeing the end of the crazy issue. She comes back after five minutes and somehow all the missing notes you wanted the other agents to see are all there. But there is a catch, the agent realizes that the issue is was above her pay grade and promises you a callback form the research departments supervisor.
  Two days later you are still livid, all you spoke about for the past two days was how this company was ripping you off And how you are going to sue them......
  Then the phone rings, it's a semi rough voiced manager that gets straight to the point, he researched the issue and determined that the charge is a valid charge BUT as a courtesy  he can offer you a $20 statement credit. Your mind is kinda more pissed that you even understand why, you start telling him that they lied to you and you where promised .......they are a cheat and how can a company like this beat people out of their money like this. If he doesn't give you what you want you want to cancel your service. He responded in his (now creepy) rough voice "sure, but I see you still have 18 months with us so it will cost you $150 to cancel"

Your response to that should've been: "My next phone call will be to the fcc to file a complaint, and after they hear the full story they'll contact you regarding that$150 cancellation fee".

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »
Social media. Embarrass them on Twitter and FB. You can also email company executives.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »
Check in dead line is 45 min, very weird

Really? Hmm...

So Dov, have you tried fighting the charges on your CC? Both for change fee and/or original ticket?

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »
Social media. Embarrass them on Twitter and FB. You can also email company executives.

That what i'm working on now, posting hourly on twitter, but it ain't working...

Offline jaywhy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »
That what i'm working on now, posting hourly on twitter, but it ain't working...
Email executives?

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 03:07:28 AM »
I can really relate to the op on this one.
In these situations NEVER try to resolve it with chat. It's so much harder and frustrating when you can't add any emotions to your claim (and you need to use clean language).
Social media sometimes works wonders.