Author Topic: Business Hard Product  (Read 5468 times)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Business Hard Product
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 09:02:18 AM »
not so long ago, but unfortunatly they are not so reliable.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Hey guys, I posted this in another topic also...

How can I get kosher meals in the FRA first class terminal lounge? I already requested it with Lufthansa for the flight, but I am unaware of how to get food for my 6 hour layover.

thx
-Eli

Offline ygift

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »
any way to get to get in to the first calss lounge in frankfurt for a shower? the bus lounge doesnt have showers .

Offline ygift

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
can u get kosher meals in th ebus lounge also or is it only in the first class?

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 02:42:50 PM »
any way to get to get in to the first calss lounge in frankfurt for a shower? the bus lounge doesnt have showers .

Maybe your good looks will do it :)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »
Kosher meal and shower only in first lounge I think, although, I'd still check on staralliance.com what lounges are available, and maybe one has a shower. It might be so far away, that by the time you get to your gate you will need another shower...

In zrh, there are very nice lounges for bus.

Offline ygift

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »
if i am flying luftanza on a mileage ticket (usair miles) i can go in to any starallience airline lounge? I thought i can only go in to the airline that I am flying that day.
do u know what airlines are in the same terminals in germany (frankfurt)
what about jfk and tel aviv? what about newark on my return? do they let you in on arrival or is it only departure?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2010, 02:24:50 PM »
if i am flying luftanza on a mileage ticket (usair miles) i can go in to any starallience airline lounge? I thought i can only go in to the airline that I am flying that day.
do u know what airlines are in the same terminals in germany (frankfurt)
what about jfk and tel aviv? what about newark on my return? do they let you in on arrival or is it only departure?

1- EWR doesnt have any Arrival Lounges from what Im aware of, this includes CO , so what aperson has to do is get their bags and get a gate pass to get to a PC but then what do they do with their bags if EWR is their final destination, doable if a person is flying with Carry-ons only.

2- at FRA you choice is basically among the LH Lounges no CO lounge and UA recently closed theirs up.(BTW CO lists 4 different Lounges at FRA all of them LHs)

3- TLV LH will give you apass to get into the Dan lounge that will be located in the concourse you will be flying out of, there are2 Lounges at TLV ElAls for ElAl passengers and the Dan Lounges thats it

4- JFK I think LH uses Term 1 at JFK so youd have their lounges , ask at check-in if its before or after Security

Now I try and get to the airport with enough time to drop my bags and get to the gate before they close it. I dont see what the big deal is for a Lounge at either end of my triup, although I do agree its very nice to have one when Im connecting and have a layover of at least 1  1/2 hrs.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »
I don't think you can call the Dan in TLV a "lounge" - especially compared to the ElAl lounge (King David).
-Eli

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 05:45:58 AM »
From the swiss website

New York-Zurich
LX 14 / LX 15 Daily Operated with Airbus A330-300 aircraft
New York-Zurich
LX 16 / LX 17 Daily Operated with Airbus A330-300 aircraft

They might change it some dates, but all flights to JFK are supposed to be the A333
Where on the website can I find which planes fly on a given route?

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
Make a reservation on swiss.com for the day you want to fly. For example zrh-jfk on the 23 august and back on the 25.
They will then give you the option to pick of three flights. Click on that flight number, a new window will open up and tell you all details of that flight incl. aircraft. But until 2 weeks before it does not mean to much. Zrh-jfk is in most cases the a333, even if not you will most probably get the a340, so the worst that can happen is, you will end up with equal seats to lh and not better.

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_swiss/media/press_releases/Pages/pr_20100623.aspx
It seems that all flights ZRH-JFK will have the 333. But that's the only city in the states that'll get it.
Now I'd love to get a seat but there are none available. I have to wait anyway because I'm looking for a return on 7/20/11 which is more then 330 days from now, but with not a single seat available now I'm not getting my hopes up.

Offline ygift

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
1- EWR doesnt have any Arrival Lounges from what Im aware of, this includes CO , so what aperson has to do is get their bags and get a gate pass to get to a PC but then what do they do with their bags if EWR is their final destination, doable if a person is flying with Carry-ons only.

2- at FRA you choice is basically among the LH Lounges no CO lounge and UA recently closed theirs up.(BTW CO lists 4 different Lounges at FRA all of them LHs)

3- TLV LH will give you apass to get into the Dan lounge that will be located in the concourse you will be flying out of, there are2 Lounges at TLV ElAls for ElAl passengers and the Dan Lounges thats it

4- JFK I think LH uses Term 1 at JFK so youd have their lounges , ask at check-in if its before or after Security

Now I try and get to the airport with enough time to drop my bags and get to the gate before they close it. I dont see what the big deal is for a Lounge at either end of my triup, although I do agree its very nice to have one when Im connecting and have a layover of at least 1  1/2 hrs.
the reason i want a lounge before departure is for a shower (if it has one) I come from work and a shower b4 getting on the plane is a whole different trip

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
the reason i want a lounge before departure is for a shower (if it has one) I come from work and a shower b4 getting on the plane is a whole different trip

got you, @ JFK they have their own dont know if there are any showers, @EWR they use SASs no Arrival Lounge AFAIK. TLV it will be the Dans Lounge and FRA there are numerous Lounges. Not aware of any Arrivals Lounge for any Airline at JFK. FRA UAs RCC had 3 showers but UA closed it up, not that it would have helped you any.W/o status you will have to use whatever arangments LH has at each Airport and will be limited to their Biz lounge. Im sure they might beable to do something is another *A Carrier has alounge say at Term1 @ JFK with showers but its up to them to call and work it out for you

JFK didnt have showers listed  http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/us/info_and_services/at_the_airport/lounges/application/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnf0PLMI9QZzM_d29zA09PL8MAQ39_LxcTQ6B8JE55H3MjArq99KPSc_KTgPaEg2zGrdbAAK-8j58xfnmQS0DyBjiAI37zXUyM9P1cUtMSS3NK9CP1o8xxKDQO9jXQj8xJTU9MrtQPy8svygV6rSA3ojLYMzMgI9JREQBhnOxj/dl3/d3/L0lDU0lKSmdra2tra25wQSEvb01vZ0FFSVFoakVJRUpDbE9RUUJqR0NoekFBIS80Q3lqUldfTnIwZ0QyZ3prTEtCeXdnISEvN19DTzE5VkhVQzZOR0s3MElJSjFQMU9PM1NNMC9RcFJQQzc0MDEwMDIwL3NhLmxvdW5nZVNlYXJjaEFjdGlvbi9ub3JtYWwvRGVmYXVsdA!!/?l=en&cid=1000390&command=details&p=LH&s=US&l=en&cid=1000390&command=details&p=LH&s=US