Author Topic: El Al free Matmid signup (normally $25)  (Read 34197 times)

Offline gdam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: El Al free Matmid signup (normally $25)
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:22 AM »
Well now you can compare quite easily.

Not so easy, since AA does not show ELAL availability online.

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »
Not so easy, since AA does not show ELAL availability online.
Don't have an internet browser with multiple tabs?

Offline gdam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 08:41:25 AM »
Don't have an internet browser with multiple tabs?
????

I had to call AA when I was looking for elal flight availability.  Similar to ANA / star Alliance .  Can you do it easier?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
Yes, with ExpertFlyer. But with 37 posts, I doubt you would be into it.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »
????

I had to call AA when I was looking for elal flight availability.  Similar to ANA / star Alliance .  Can you do it easier?
Seriously?  Did you read through this thread or the post on dansdeals?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
Seriously?  Did you read through this thread or the post on dansdeals?
Lol.
I wrote that and then deleted my post because I thought it was too harsh. I agree with you 100%!

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »
Yes, with ExpertFlyer. But with 37 posts, I doubt you would be into it.

Expertflyer costs money. Is there no free way to see AA's availability on Elal other than calling them up every time you want to check? I think gdam is right that it's not so easy to compare the 2 to see if they offer the same seats, as Elal can be done online, while to check AA's availability on Elal you need to call them every time you want to see if something opened up. Is there another way exept for expertflyer?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
Expertflyer costs money. Is there no free way to see AA's availability on Elal other than calling them up every time you want to check? I think gdam is right that it's not so easy to compare the 2 to see if they offer the same seats, as Elal can be done online, while to check AA's availability on Elal you need to call them every time you want to see if something opened up. Is there another way exept for expertflyer?
Who said they have different availability??
I believe that AA's availability on El Al is the same as you see on El Al's site (for the "saver" level, AA obviously can't access the "easypass" level) unless I'm proved otherwise.

Experflyer just checks El Al's site.  It's got nothing to do with AA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
Who said they have different availability??
I believe that AA's availability on El Al is the same as you see on El Al's site (for the "saver" level, AA obviously can't access the "easypass" level) unless I'm proved otherwise.
I know that you believe that they are the same unless proven otherwise, and im curious to know if that's the case as well. The only question I had, which I believe was gdam's question earlier as well, is that you wrote earlier on this page "Well now you can compare quite easily", which isn't that easy IMO, as Elal's availability can constantly be checked online, while AA's availability on Elal needs to be done manually with a agent on the phone every time. I wish there was a free way to do so other than expertflyer for a fee, to see if they are always the same or change from time to time

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »
I know that you believe that they are the same unless proven otherwise, and im curious to know if that's the case as well. The only question I had, which I believe was gdam's question earlier as well, is that you wrote earlier on this page "Well now you can compare quite easily", which isn't that easy IMO, as Elal's availability can constantly be checked online, while AA's availability on Elal needs to be done manually with a agent on the phone every time. I wish there was a free way to do so other than expertflyer for a fee, to see if they are always the same or change from time to time
Again you mention expertflyer.  I already told you expertflyer is just checking El Al, it's got nothing to do with AA's availability of El Al flights.

Like I said, prove me wrong!  Go find a few El Al dates on elal.com at the saver level (700 points for JFK-TLV) and call AA and see if they're available or not.  It's much easier then before because before you had to call El Al and AA, now you just have to call AA.

And be sure to get a chazakah of agents either way as you may bump into agents that just want to get you off the phone so that their numbers look good.

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
It's much easier then before because before you had to call El Al and AA, now you just have to call El Al.
You need to call AA.

Before you could see El Al online, when you called AA and they said there is no availability, you wouldn't know if you could book on El Al. Now look on El Al for the date you want, call AA and then you'll know.
See how its easier now?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:06:01 PM by aussiebochur »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »
You need to call AA.
You're way too quick aussie...you quoted me before the edit and I even did the edit in the 180 second grace period that you have to edit without the forum showing proof of your folly.   ;D

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
Again you mention expertflyer.  I already told you expertflyer is just checking El Al, it's got nothing to do with AA's availability of El Al flights.

Like I said, prove me wrong!  Go find a few El Al dates on elal.com at the saver level (700 points for JFK-TLV) and call AA and see if they're available or not.  It's much easier then before because before you had to call El Al and AA, now you just have to call AA.

And be sure to get a chazakah of agents either way as you may bump into agents that just want to get you off the phone so that their numbers look good.
I've been an Elal member for years, and actually just flew with them last week, and have always been able to check their website for award availability. I didn't realise though that you guys had no way to check Elal's website till now, and had to trust the AA agent when checking Elal availability, so I guess we are all in the same boat now :D

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »
You're way too quick aussie...you quoted me before the edit and I even did the edit in the 180 second grace period that you have to edit without the forum showing proof of your folly.   ;D
If you change the whole editing situation, you'll make steve2 one happy man.

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
And on no sleep! Aussie, it is now 8 am by you and we have seen you posting on and off for the last few hours! Did you even sleep this night?  :o

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »
And on no sleep! Aussie, it is now 8 am by you and we have seen you posting on and off for the last few hours! Did you even sleep this night?  :o
Its actually 6:25am. I'm going to learn chassidus soon and then davening.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:33 PM »
True, we should have DA meetings (Dansdeals Anonymous)

Offline aussiebochur

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 04:29:02 PM »
True, we should have DA meetings (Dansdeals Anonymous)
lol
Mikeoracle already started with his profile...

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »

As far as im familiar, Elal only has one saver level of 700 points. The other option of 850, only reduces the fuel surcharge by $75, but doesn't change availability.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
As far as im familiar, Elal only has one saver level of 700 points. The other option of 850, only reduces the fuel surcharge by $75, but doesn't change availability.
Never mind, I had searched for economy on El Al and saw 2 different levels and had assumed they had an easypass level.
Turns out it was just showing business or first when economy wasn't available

You can really see through the whole "fuel surcharge" thing when they let you pay part of it with points.  Just a way to raise point levels without the fuss of raising point levels.

Personally I boycott programs with fuel surcharges.