Author Topic: Car Rental Extra Driver under 21  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Rebuzn

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Car Rental Extra Driver under 21
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »
I will be going to Las Vegas for a week in late July. I have no problem renting the car with my age.However I would like to add an extra
driver under 21 years old. Does anybody know how I can accomplish this-a friend suggested a corporate account (He said that Chabad has one, but i dont know the info to that????). Though I dont know which companies allow such a driver even under a corporate account name? Any ideas what to do and which company to use.
Thank You for any help

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Car Rental Extra Driver under 21
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:45:37 AM »
Most companies require the second driver to be of age even if the first driver has a corp that lets him rent underage.
You'll have to wait for the experts because I'm not sure the specifics of each company.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
Most companies require the second driver to be of age even if the first driver has a corp that lets him rent underage.
I know for Avis at least that corporate codes only allow for the primary driver to be underage, not the secondary.
Also Avis says that if you both "work for the same corporate" that you don't need to add them as a second driver.  That may work if you take out the Avis CDW (although they may ask for proof post facto) but I'm not sure if that will work for credit card CDW.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »
avis does allow 2nd driver to be underage if you use the right awd

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »
avis does allow 2nd driver to be underage if you use the right awd
No, they don't. Either you don't need the second driver registered if you work for the same company, as Dan posted above. Or, they don't ask for the license. But according to the rules its not allowed. Meaning if c"v...