Author Topic: Hotel for Shabbos near NYC  (Read 9963 times)

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Hotel for Shabbos near NYC
« on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas on quick shabbos getaway's from NYC. There are kosher hotels and programs but they want too much $$$$ and don't offer deals which is a big no no for all of us here on Dans Deals!!!!

We've gone in the past to extended stay hotels such as Cierra suites, Summerfield suites and Embassy Suites with full kitchens to make shabbos. I am looking for other ideas and if there is food included it would br a plus!!!

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel for Shabbos near NYC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:42 PM »
http://shabbat.com/
And you get to meet some nice people to!!!

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
Thank You, Elmo. But I am looking for mini vacation at a hotel for shabbos for a few families. This site is great but not for my purpose.

Offline plane.love

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
Just booked a 4*deluxe hotel thru priceline for 240(205+fees) a night this weekend...it turned out to be a decent Marriott boutique hotel in the CPS area

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas on quick shabbos getaway's from NYC. There are kosher hotels and programs but they want too much $$$$ and don't offer deals which is a big no no for all of us here on Dans Deals!!!!

We've gone in the past to extended stay hotels such as Cierra suites, Summerfield suites and Embassy Suites with full kitchens to make shabbos. I am looking for other ideas and if there is food included it would br a plus!!!

actually if they are below their min guarantee or not almost sold out as it gets close to the Weekend Im sure they would do a Deal. No different then the Pesach Programs. The Gamble is if they sell out or almost do then they dont feel the need to Discount the weekend

Not always possible but some times there are other Hotels very close by to where they are having thier program , so you can book at the other place bring your own food but join them for the minyan if thats what U are looking for. Or sometimes they have them at a vacation village but dont take the whole place over just 1 area so if you know the name of the place you can book on your own in another section and walk over for the minyan.

Or are you looking for a place where you can have a Hotel and theres a minyan nearby? As for food with the exception of these programs I dont know of any restaurant that is open for Shabbos meals like some are in Europe, nor of any Chabad off hand that has meals like in Asia , no Biz people to hit up or backpackers to be found generally here in the US, so its usually Home Hospitality. The sole exception is the Miami area but you did say in the NY area
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:57:20 PM by steve2 »

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
@ Steve: Yes, its the NYC Area. The last time I went to a suite hotel in NJ the place was packed with jews and theres was even a minyan with a sefer torah, but there is never a guarantee.

@ Plane.Love: What is the "CPS" area?? Also, I would need a hotel with a kitchenette if I'm making shabbos. Theres no guarantee of getting that with Priceline.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
@ Steve: Yes, its the NYC Area. The last time I went to a suite hotel in NJ the place was packed with jews and theres was even a minyan with a sefer torah, but there is never a guarantee.

@ Plane.Love: What is the "CPS" area?? Also, I would need a hotel with a kitchenette if I'm making shabbos. Theres no guarantee of getting that with Priceline.

I believe CPS = Central Park South  could be plane.love isnt from NY or wanted to be in the City for Shabbos, something tells me You dont want that at all.

Offline plane.love

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
No there is no kitchenette there...I was actually putting someone up for shabbos...there is Chabad Midtown or on 65th nearby there.