Author Topic: MLB Master Thread  (Read 596900 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: MLB
« Reply #1120 on: October 31, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
If they don't use Miller, Salazar, Meritt after some hit trouble in the 3rd or 4th you know Tito/Dolan wants the game 7 money, and have way too much trust in Kluber.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 31, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
All the sports writers are saying the one decision that won last night for the Cubs was putting Chapman in, but it's not true. The one decision that won last night for the Cubs was leaving drone boy in after giving up a homer and a double. And I don't want to hear any of this hindsight garbage every Cleveland fan couldn't believe he left him in during the game. I said take him out and put in miller after the homer, clearly the guy is slumping 3 innings is more than anyone expected from him.
What you are going to hear is this manager is what got you to this position. To second guess him now shows desperation on your part. Real easy for us to make these claims just like that stupid guarantee I gave for last nights game.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 31, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
Oh wonderful another 3 day rest argument, how did that go for you last time :P
Did you watch the games? You think K pitched better in the second game with three days rest?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1123 on: October 31, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
What you are going to hear is this manager is what got you to this position. To second guess him now shows desperation on your part. Real easy for us to make these claims just like that stupid guarantee I gave for last nights game.
He broke his protocol that he's been hailed a genius for this whole post season.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 31, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
Did you watch the games? You think K pitched better in the second game with three days rest?
If he got the same calls as the first game he would of, no doubt. I'm not saying one way or another, but strike threes he got in game one he didn't get in game 4, so ya I think he did as well.

Offline Barryg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Oh wonderful another 3 day rest argument, how did that go for you last time :P
I hope that argument goes better next time. (How's Kluber on three days rest twice in a row??)
If they don't use Miller, Salazar, Meritt after some hit trouble in the 3rd or 4th you know Tito/Dolan wants the game 7 money, and have way too much trust in Kluber.
Tito managed every playoff game this year like it was game 7, I have no doubt he will try to do the same in game 6, if he has a lead.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 31, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »
If he got the same calls as the first game he would of, no doubt. I'm not saying one way or another, but strike threes he got in game one he didn't get in game 4, so ya I think he did as well.
He didn't have as good control in the second game. Can you get jet lag from a short flight that clouds ones judgement?  :)

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »
Keep telling yourself it is just a game. As I watched some the expressions on the fans faces last night you would have thought the life of their child was on the line.
The announcers said, there is no way this can be fun for a fan.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1128 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
All the sports writers are saying the one decision that won last night for the Cubs was putting Chapman in, but it's not true. The one decision that won last night for the Cubs was leaving drone boy in after giving up a homer and a double. And I don't want to hear any of this hindsight garbage every Cleveland fan couldn't believe he left him in during the game. I said take him out and put in miller after the homer, clearly the guy is slumping 3 innings is more than anyone expected from him.
Everyone in the Jake was calling for Merritt or Otero. Very surprising that Tito left him in considering how quick he pulled Tomlin in game 3.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
Here is advice for those that took CLE to win the WS. To understand this advice you have to think rationally. Bet the same amount on the Cubs and you are a guarantee winner. Leave your emotions at the door and take my advice. This has nothing to do with if you are a CLE or CHI fan.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1130 on: October 31, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
Jim Rome nailed it in his opening monoloogue today.
Ripped apart Cubs fans for the way they celebrated last night as if they won it all despite being the heavy favorite and winning just 1 of 3 at home. "Ctown wants it just as bad as you"
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 31, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
Here is advice for those that took CLE to win the WS. To understand this advice you have to think rationally. Bet the same amount on the Cubs and you are a guarantee winner. Leave your emotions at the door and take my advice. This has nothing to do with if you are a CLE or CHI fan.
What are the odds at the moment?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 31, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
The announcers said, there is no way this can be fun for a fan.
I am having the time of my life. I am not just a Cubs fan but a CHI sports fan. We have had our fair share of championships over the years!

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 31, 2016, 12:30:20 PM »
What are the odds at the moment?
Cubs +180 for the WS.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 31, 2016, 12:31:03 PM »
Everyone in the Jake was calling for Merritt or Otero. Very surprising that Tito left him in considering how quick he pulled Tomlin in game 3.
Merritt over Salazar? Going into game I was scared of droneboy once through order then Slazar, then bullpen.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 31, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
Jim Rome nailed it in his opening monoloogue today.
Ripped apart Cubs fans for the way they celebrated last night as if they won it all despite being the heavy favorite and winning just 1 of 3 at home. "Ctown wants it just as bad as you"
Did he also rip the players for coming out after the game and saluting the fans when the series is not over?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 31, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
(How's Kluber on three days rest twice in a row??)
He's never lost!
Tito managed every playoff game this year like it was game 7, I have no doubt he will try to do the same in game 6, if he has a lead.
Are you telling me game 7 he leaves Bauer in after a homer and a double?

Thank goodness your bad joke is over and this gentleman's bet garbage you keep spewing.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 31, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
Did he also rip the players for coming out after the game and saluting the fans when the series is not over?
lol, I have no problem with the Cubs partying for their last win in a world series this year.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 31, 2016, 12:37:18 PM »
He's never lost!
0-0
Are you telling me game 7 he leaves Bauer in after a homer and a double?
Game 7 Bauer isn't even a consideration to throw a pitch unless it's the 20th inning.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 31, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
Game 7 Bauer isn't even a consideration to throw a pitch unless it's the 20th inning.
You missed the point, he meant if Bauer had been pitching in game 7.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy