Author Topic: MLB Master Thread  (Read 596637 times)

Offline Barryg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: MLB
« Reply #1600 on: November 03, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »
Go enjoy your parade :)
How many teams have won back to back in 7 ?
I'll enjoy having my kids asleep before midnight!
So ESPN will have an easier time coming up with "This is the first..."

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 03, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »
Just saying I won't forgive Tito for leaving Bauer in so long in game 5. That was when we had to win it. And it was unreal he left him in after a homer and double.
But the success of the team in the first place is only b/c of him. This year, overall, he prob. had one of the best/the best managing season of all time.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1602 on: November 03, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
But the success of the team in the first place is only b/c of him. This year, overall, he prob. had one of the best/the best managing season of all time.
No doubt, and he totally went against all SOP that got him to this point especially throughout the whole playoffs up to that game, so it makes it even more upsetting.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 03, 2016, 11:44:48 AM »
Just saying I won't forgive Tito for leaving Bauer in so long in game 5. That was when we had to win it. And it was unreal he left him in after a homer and double.
The problem is he had only three starters. You are asking to much for your ace to pitch back to back on three days rest. The same way they asked Chapman to throw another 40-50 pitches.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »
The problem is he had only three starters. You are asking to much for your ace to pitch back to back on three days rest. The same way they asked Chapman to throw another 40-50 pitches.

Let's not forget that besides Chapman and Kluber being gassed, Miller also had nothing left and that was just as key.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: November 03, 2016, 11:53:45 AM »
Let's not forget that besides Chapman and Kluber being gassed, Miller also had nothing left and that was just as key.
Miller just got tagged. Wasn't he fresh?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 03, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »
Guess everyone was gassed except Schwarber. See humans are only built to play baseball until end of October, one it hits November it's all adrenaline and everyone plays gassed. Schwarber was in middle of pre-spring training.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 03, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
Guess everyone was gassed except Schwarber. See humans are only built to play baseball until end of October, one it hits November it's all adrenaline and everyone plays gassed. Schwarber was in middle of pre-spring training.
You don't go from lights out like Kluber was in game one to batting practice like he was in game seven just because the month changed.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1608 on: November 03, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
He was hardly scorched after the the double - there was a dribbler & a bunt for a "hit".

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 03, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
You don't go from lights out like Kluber was in game one to batting practice like he was in game seven just because the month changed.
I didn't like my theory either, but I don't have a better answer for you. I didn't mean specifically the calendar date, but by game 5 of WS since beginning of season, noone has "that look" comes November and almost everyone has it.

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 03, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »
I didn't like my theory either, but I don't have a better answer for you. I didn't mean specifically the calendar date, but by game 5 of WS since beginning of season, noone has "that look" comes November and almost everyone has it.

For sure. Degrom was great last year. Pitched a gem in Game 1 NLDS, and then ran out of gas but managed to limit damage for next 2 starts. THen completely killed in WS start. You just seem to hit a wall when your arm is used to throwing X innings and then it goes above and beyond.

Offline dealfinder85

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 03, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »
pitching 3 times in a week against the same team catches up with you
could have been may and he may have had problems

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 03, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »
Can it also be that everything is under a microscope. You give up 2 runs in three innings during the year and it is no big deal. Here that happens and the next ball you throw and you are yanked. The game didn't change, just the date it was played on.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 03, 2016, 12:52:38 PM »
Technically he was fresh, having last pitched in game 4. You could probably argue that overall he was getting worn down, this being his 10th appearance this postseason, and 4th in the WS - not to mention that every one of them was 4 outs or more. He faced 100 batters this postseason. Also, the argument about seeing a pitcher a lot absolutely applies.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1614 on: November 03, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »
having last pitched in game 4.

Or maybe he was too fresh. Or maybe he was just having a bad night. Or maybe the Cubs are just really good at hitting baseballs.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 03, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »
Cleveland's spring training opener is scheduled for Feb. 26 against the Cubs in Mesa, Arizona.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1616 on: November 03, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
Tis true, if we had our other 2 starters it would be a very different series. I just feel that if he would of put in Miller, Shaw, Meritt, Salazar, Allen that game would have ended the series.

Cleveland's spring training opener is scheduled for Feb. 26 against the Cubs in Mesa, Arizona.
Yawwwwn.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 03, 2016, 01:00:57 PM »
One thing I noticed about the Cubs already last year is that they seem incredibly white - or at least American. So I took a look at the numbers for this season and postseason combined. 80% of their PA's were taken by American batters, while their American pitchers faced 90% of the batters. Those numbers appear to be way higher than league averages.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 03, 2016, 01:01:44 PM »
They'll end the game in a tie.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 03, 2016, 01:02:33 PM »
Or maybe he was too fresh. Or maybe he was just having a bad night. Or maybe the Cubs are just really good at hitting baseballs.
Lol, why did you quote that little snippet of my post? Either way, my point was JTZ was dismissing the argument about Miller being tired and I was backing up that argument (and similar lines of reasoning).