Author Topic: MLB Master Thread  (Read 596584 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: MLB
« Reply #1680 on: November 06, 2016, 04:11:58 PM »
It went from Wrigley Field to Grant Park (6+ miles). That picture was at grant park.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 08, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/11/cubs_fans_took_away_our_home_f.html
This comment was surprising.
Perhaps I'm still in a foul mood about it all because of the group of annoying young guys who sat behind us in the back of Section 117 for the deciding game. They were the kind of people for whom it is not enough to cheer for their own team; they must also, at the top of their lungs, belittle the other team, the town and its fans. I finally turned around and said, "Where do you guys think you are? Chicago?"

This just isn't a Cubs thing it is a Chicago thing. Just go to any Blues game and see all the Hawks fans. Some stadiums try and prevent them form getting tickets. Like no out of state online sales and programs like "Stamp out the Red".
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Dawie

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 08, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
This comment was surprising.
Perhaps I'm still in a foul mood about it all because of the group of annoying young guys who sat behind us in the back of Section 117 for the deciding game. They were the kind of people for whom it is not enough to cheer for their own team; they must also, at the top of their lungs, belittle the other team, the town and its fans. I finally turned around and said, "Where do you guys think you are? Chicago?"

This just isn't a Cubs thing it is a Chicago thing. Just go to any Blues game and see all the Hawks fans. Some stadiums try and prevent them form getting tickets. Like no out of state online sales and programs like "Stamp out the Red".
Indian fans had every opportunity Cub fans had to buy tickets.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1684 on: November 08, 2016, 02:45:59 PM »
Indian fans had every opportunity Cub fans had to buy tickets.
There were more CLE than CHI fans overall.
I too found the CHI fans to be very rude, belligerent, and belittling. Not classy as a whole at all.

But yes, Stubhub sales went almost all to CHI fans. Chicago is a more affluent and larger city then CLE and they waited longer for a WS. CLE fans had a hard time not taking that windfall.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »
I too found the CHI fans to be very rude, belligerent, and belittling. Not classy as a whole at all.
Most likely was because of the environment they were in. I heard CLE will do that to you. Just ask LaBum.  :)
IIRC JJ said just the opposite about Cub fans in CHI.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1686 on: November 08, 2016, 03:16:50 PM »
I thought it was a lot more fun with so many Cubs fans. Felt like a college football game would I'd imagine with fans from both schools there. Way more intense than a regular home game.

I think in baseball by far the biggest home field advantage is getting the bottom of the 9th, and the top of our order totally failed us there.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 08, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
Pulling Coco was a massive blunder IMHO.
So was sending out Kluber for another inning when he was clearly on fumes.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1688 on: November 08, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »
Pulling Coco was a massive blunder IMHO.
So was sending out Kluber for another inning when he was clearly on fumes.
For me it comes down to leaving Bauer in game 5 and letting him give up 3 runs after starting off with a Homer and double.

And when our guy went in for a hard line drive to the fences instead of going back.

Either of those and we would have a championship right now.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 08, 2016, 04:16:52 PM »
Anyone but Tyler Naquin and we'd also.
Isn't MMQ fun!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 08, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
Anyone but Tyler Naquin and we'd also.
Isn't MMQ fun!
And yet I wish they out NyQuil instead of Martinez ;)

More frustrating than fun tbh ;)

Did we mention Napoli's slump all PS?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 08, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »
Either of those and we would have a championship right now.
You really need to give it a break and face reality.
Look at it this way. You had two underdogs for championships this year and came away with one. Isn't that a good outcome?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »
You really need to give it a break and face reality.
Look at it this way. You had two underdogs for championships this year and came away with one. Isn't that a good outcome?
Hate to be blunt but you have no right to an opinion on this matter Cubbie fan.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 08, 2016, 04:38:24 PM »
Hate to be blunt but you have no right to an opinion on this matter Cubbie fan.
It was not an opinion it is fact.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 08, 2016, 04:43:52 PM »
It was not an opinion it is fact.
un·der·dog
ˈəndərˌdôɡ/
noun
a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest.

What were the opening odds again?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: November 08, 2016, 04:47:43 PM »
Both CLE teams were underdogs. One of them won in an upset that you should be grateful for.

An "underdog" is a person or group in a competition, usually in sports and creative works, who is popularly expected to lose. The party, team, or individual expected to win is called the favorite or top dog. In the case where an underdog wins, the outcome is an upset. An "underdog bet" is a bet on the underdog or outsider for which the odds are generally higher.

In case you want Webster's definition: a person, team, etc., that is expected to lose a contest or battle
That would be CLE in both scenarios.  :)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 08, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »
I know you guys like to give names to these series. You have one for this series? I called it the "Choke" when you were up 3-1 but that wasn't fair. They did not choke. They were just beat by a superior team.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 08, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »
You know what they say when you try and put a curse on someone.  :P
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/indians_fan_brings_goats_to_pr.html

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 08, 2016, 05:26:29 PM »
You know what they say when you try and put a curse on someone. 
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/indians_fan_brings_goats_to_pr.html
It was the Telshe curse.

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 08, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »