Author Topic: Car Insurance NYC  (Read 3857 times)

Offline corny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Car Insurance NYC
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:51 PM »
make beleive you did not know and take chances. Put on you license a different address. Let me tell you if the insurance company has to shell out over a hundred thousand dollars they will investigate you and your place of residence if you should have, been covered by them and you were not. They Will Sue You if you should have been placed on the insurance.
this is true, i have the same problom i was the first in my family to get a license and i felt bad about the cost that my father will get, so i thought i will just change my address and this way im just a visiter at home so there is no charge and  thats it, but i asked a frum insurance worker if that will work and he told me if you get a scratch on the car that costs 500$ to fix then it will prob be fine but if they need to pay for someones lambrgini then they will investigate, so i ended up telling the insurance company that im away from home most of the time so insted of 1600 more a year its only 800 more a year i am still taking a risk but at least im somewhat covered, and btw there is not such a big difference between one son and three sons the big cost is for the first son

Offline chillmaster

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Car Insurance NYC
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »
i had 4 kids in my house under 22 and we all got out of state licenses  my 18 year old brother got into a accident and they paid it out and said that he has to be added on so we switched insurance and they dont know a thing      the law is they must pay out the policy but they can back charge you     a car is insured not the driver!!