Author Topic: Concierge service  (Read 4478 times)

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: complaints on amex/concierge
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
You're welcome to try that as well. You can also try tweeting @AskAmex
was that an answer to my q
I'm just say'in©®

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: complaints on amex/concierge
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
was that an answer to my q

No, I was just posting an off-topic random question here ::)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: complaints on amex/concierge
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
No, I was just posting an off-topic random question here ::)
:P very good, now dear AsherO can you kindly ans my q

so you think I'm better off writing to them,then calling?
by writing they might respond with some compensation not so much to my liking, while calling I can push them for more,
or how about calling 212-640-5583 [amex executive cs office]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:01:21 PM by creditor »
I'm just say'in©®

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
:P very good, now dear Ashero pleeease and my q

I've tried, it seems we don't speak the same language.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
I've tried, it seems we don't speak the same language.
I was asking a simple question, do you think I should write them rather then calling them your ans was "your Wellcomed to try as well" do you think thats an appropriate ans?
why in the world are you being so aggressive?
I'm just say'in©®

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
I was asking a simple question, do you think I should write them rather then calling them your ans was "your Wellcomed to try as well" do you think thats an appropriate ans?
why in the world are you being so aggressive?

I'm being aggressive? You asked a question noone had a definitive answer to, I tried to help. You asked if something else was better, I said that might work too, and offered a third option. Then you asked me if I was answering your question....

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
I'm being aggressive? You asked a question noone had a definitive answer to, I tried to help. You asked if something else was better, I said that might work too, and offered a third option. Then you asked me if I was answering your question....
guess t'was a misunderstanding, I understood "your Wellcome to try it as well" as a mere brush-off,
again thank you very much for your help &sorry
I'm just say'in©®

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 12:06:17 AM »
any update on what you ended up doing/what they offered you?

Also not to be critical but your usage of the English language is very confusing.  On the one hand, the syntax, spelling, capitalization, grammar, use of arcane acronyms like '10Q' for 'Thank You' instead of 'TY'...indicate that English is not your first language but then you proceed to use antiquated and obscure expressions like 't'was' and 'brush-off.'  More curiosity than anything else, but where did you learn English?  Are you inputting words you're not sure how to say into Google Translate?

Offline aj26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
It was last year when they were more laid back about giving anyone anything, but I complained about conceirge service delay and asked to not pay $450. They refunded me $200. When I cancelled the card, they gave me back the other $450. I sent an email

Offline green623

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
I formerly was a concierge for Amex before a huge workforce layoff. A few things to consider:

Concierge services are a benefit of being a card holder. You do not pay extra for this service if you are Platinum or above.

Concierge do not have the ability to give you back points or issue new ones. I would suggest that you contact AMEX directly, the accounting offices and they will be of more service to you because unlike the concierge service, they are the direct company and not outsourced. They don't want you to know that they outsource this service. Employees in training are ordered to never let the customer know that you are anything but AMEX; big ruse. Although the security is incredibly tight and cutting edge, they feel their card holders would be unhappy to find this out. So again, go to American Express directly.

Thirdly, I can't tell you how this happened because everything we did or said was recorded; screen capture on the computer, recording on the phone; there were a million eyes and ears paying attention and if one little service request was done incorrectly or ignored, it meant some serious trouble for the concierge. 

Guess that's why all those in power then are gone now.

Know that they have no magic fairy dust to solve the problems, answer the questions or get it done. We had to know how to navigate around the Internet. Our pre-employment test was to find a list of items, places on the computer but they were too dumb to clear out the cache so all the items were in the drop down window to click on and find. If you can find anything on Google, you can do whatever they do. No magic for dinner reservations either; the name alone carries some weight with restaurants but the more exclusive ones have their rules and even Amex can't get through sometimes. To get one yourself? Just say that American Express recommended you. That's the only name they want to  hear.

Good luck

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »
I formerly was a concierge for Amex before a huge workforce layoff. A few things to consider:

Concierge services are a benefit of being a card holder. You do not pay extra for this service if you are Platinum or above.

Concierge do not have the ability to give you back points or issue new ones. I would suggest that you contact AMEX directly, the accounting offices and they will be of more service to you because unlike the concierge service, they are the direct company and not outsourced. They don't want you to know that they outsource this service. Employees in training are ordered to never let the customer know that you are anything but AMEX; big ruse. Although the security is incredibly tight and cutting edge, they feel their card holders would be unhappy to find this out. So again, go to American Express directly.

Thirdly, I can't tell you how this happened because everything we did or said was recorded; screen capture on the computer, recording on the phone; there were a million eyes and ears paying attention and if one little service request was done incorrectly or ignored, it meant some serious trouble for the concierge. 

Know that they have no magic fairy dust to solve the problems, answer the questions or get it done. We had to know how to navigate around the Internet. Our pre-employment test was to find a list of items, places on the computer but they were too dumb to clear out the cache so all the items were in the drop down window to click on and find. If you can find anything on Google, you can do whatever they do. No magic for dinner reservations either; the name alone carries some weight with restaurants but the more exclusive ones have their rules and even Amex can't get through sometimes. To get one yourself? Just say that American Express recommended you. That's the only name they want to  hear.

Good luck
Cool. We all know that, theres a funny article somewhere of 10 of the oddest things in the world he tried to get a concierge to do for him.

Isn't the restaurant service a different company?

Anyway, IME the rep knew the opening hours of PrimeKO offhand, and they are easier to reach than restaurants.

They also can get a reservation via email which is a lot easier than calling a place.

Out of curiosity, which country were you based in?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 03:24:38 PM »

Good luck
nice.
so who is really on-top of the concierge dep. is it the above mentioned executives offices?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Vote U-no-me '14!