Author Topic: NYS traffic & safety division passed a new law effective as of today speeding 5  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Just got this message: can anyone confirm?

Att: all drivers the NYS traffic & safety division passed a new law
effective as of today speeding 5 over the limit is 2 points there are cops
all over enforcing the new law without a warning drive safe & pass it on to all our
drivers
1 - 10 mph   3 points
11 - 20 mph 4 points
21 - 30 mph 6 points
31 - 40 mph 8 points
More than 40 mph 11 points
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Just got this message: can anyone confirm?

Att: all drivers the NYS traffic & safety division passed a new law
effective as of today speeding 5 over the limit is 2 points there are cops
all over enforcing the new law without a warning drive safe & pass it on to all our
drivers
1 - 10 mph   3 points
11 - 20 mph 4 points
21 - 30 mph 6 points
31 - 40 mph 8 points
More than 40 mph 11 points

I simply cannot understand your post.

So you begin your post by saying that speeding over 5 miles above the limit will cost you 2 points, however on your chart you write that going 1-10 mph is 3 points.

Secondly, what exactly does "mph" stand for? You probably meant "Miles above the limit."

Now, please clarify what the rule is regarding 4 miles above the limit.

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
i did not write this message i just forwarded it, i too need an explanation !
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
i did not write this message i just forwarded it, i too need an explanation !
Where did you get this message from? Spam?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
I keep on getting it from every other contact and on all groups
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
I keep on getting it from every other contact and on all groups
Maybe someone had their email hacked...
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
Is anyone aware of any recent change in the NYS driving safety laws?  (i receive spam emails too never received something like this) i just hope its a spam i'm not in the mood of driving 65 MPH from montreal to NY!!
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
The DMV has that "chart" on their site but does not look like it was a recent update.

DMV site here.

ETA: It is also "MPH over the speed limit..."
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
DMV site here.

DMV.org is a privately owned organization that simplifies government-related info across all states. We created this mega-resource not because we love the DMV, but because we grew tired of standing in long lines at the Minnesota motor vehicle agencies. In addition to gathering the most accurate information, we cut to the chase and offer our users easy-to-understand, useful details on handling DMV-related business. This includes what you need to know for applying for a MN driver's license, renewing your vehicle registration, obtaining your driving record and much more.
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
DMV.org is a privately owned organization that simplifies government-related info across all states. We created this mega-resource not because we love the DMV, but because we grew tired of standing in long lines at the Minnesota motor vehicle agencies. In addition to gathering the most accurate information, we cut to the chase and offer our users easy-to-understand, useful details on handling DMV-related business. This includes what you need to know for applying for a MN driver's license, renewing your vehicle registration, obtaining your driving record and much more.
Understood. You can still see that the speed limit/points is not a new thing. Not sure why you are getting emails about it.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
The DMV has that "chart" on their site but does not look like it was a recent update.

DMV site here.

ETA: It is also "MPH over the speed limit..."

Wayback archive from nov. 15 2006 shows the same info http://wayback.archive.org/web/20061115012633/http://www.dmv.org/ny-new-york/traffic-tickets.php!!  you were right, but maybe they just started to enforce it ?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
I don't think anything different is happening. Cops usually will not pull you over if you are <10 over the speed limit. If they do they can ticket you, but IME, they usually don't bother.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Shreknit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I saw this for New Jersey cops. Don't believe it for 5 miles over!

Offline kracked dude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
I got this for NJ:
" איך האב ענק געווארנט!

New Jersey State Police Ticketing:

the latest NJ State Police Initiative (Radio Station 101.5 confirmed this info).

Starting July 28, New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. One million dollars will go to pay state troopers over-time.

There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways as follows:

I-295 North and South,
I-95 Jersey Turnpike North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,
Route 130 - North and South,
Garden State Parkway - North and South

5 MPH above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.

They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part-timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT, you will probably be on one of these highways. So, please be on guard and drive safely!

Starting August 15, the price of a violation to show your driver's license, registration or insurance card at the time you are stopped, increased from $44.00 to $173.00. (Keep these documents in your car). And the fine for not having all three documents is $519.00!

The fine for hand-held cell phone use while driving will be going up to $180.00,

Please forward this to people in NJ or any one using the NJ Highways, and let them know of this latest Police Initiative."

" @KolHaolam: NEW JERSEY: A message going around about a 30 day 'NJ State Police Ticketing Initiative' is a hoax, according to info we received."

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I got this for NJ:
" איך האב ענק געווארנט!

the latest NJ State Police Initiative (Radio Station 101.5 confirmed this info).

Starting July 28, New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. One million dollars will go to pay state troopers over-time.

There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways as follows:

I-295 North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,

5 MPH above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.

They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part-timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT, you will probably be on one of these highways. So, please be on guard and drive safely!

Starting August 15, the price of a violation to show your driver's license, registration or insurance card at the time you are stopped, increased from $44.00 to $173.00. (Keep these documents in your car). And the fine for not having all three documents is $519.00!

The fine for hand-held cell phone use while driving will be going up to $180.00,

Please forward this to people in NJ or any one using the NJ Highways, and let them know of this latest Police Initiative."

" @KolHaolam: NEW JERSEY: A message going around about a 30 day 'NJ State Police Ticketing Initiative' is a hoax, according to info we received."
http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

Offline lfas25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
I got this for NJ:
" איך האב ענק געווארנט!

I-295 North and South,
I-80 East and West,
I-287 North and South,
I-78 East and West,
I-195 East and West,
I-280 East and West,

I'm pretty sure this has been sent around quiet a few times over the past few years.
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline EMceeME

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Plaza Lifetime Gold
Old yet very effective HOAX.
 Fell for it too.
"I don't ask if it can be done, I ask if it should be done."

-The Alter from Kelm

Offline Hirshthg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • Zev Goldstein Esq. New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Nothing new here. NYS police have been enforcing even 1 M.P.H over the posted limit forever, however they usually have better things to do with their time. You will usually only see a 1 M.P H. over ticket if the genius passed a cop on the road who happened to be driving the speed limit. That ticks them off.

The other thing to point out is that 1 M.P.H. over is 3 points, as is 5 M.P.H. over 3 points. They are not have have not been for a long time 2 points.

The trouble with giving out 5 M.P.H over speeding tickets  is more Courts will not prosecute strongly, and therefor it is a waste of the cops time to risk their life to write you a ticket, which you can can it plead down to $50 in a heartbeat.

DMV. org is a very large national business and from the looks of it, they hired someone to try and get them links:)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:19:00 AM by Dan »

Offline Tax

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • 1040 1913
 If the ticket is 1 M.P H. over then is it so hard to argue that the officer was off by 1 or 2  M.P H. ?

Offline Hirshthg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • Zev Goldstein Esq. New York Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Not hard at all. That is another reason the Court will plead it down so quickly.