Author Topic: Purchase Protection Repair Estimate  (Read 1252 times)

Offline meh

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Purchase Protection Repair Estimate
« on: January 17, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »
Recently it seems that Amex is starting to require a repair estimate for every Purchase protection claim. On items like computers and tablets it is easy to find someone that will be able to do an estimate. However for other items I am having some difficulty finding from a verifiable repair facility. The most recent example I have encountered was for an electronic cigarette. I do not know anyone that offers repairs on this item. Does anyone have experience in this? Thanks in advance

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase Protection Repair Estimate
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Recently it seems that Amex is starting to require a repair estimate for every Purchase protection claim. On items like computers and tablets it is easy to find someone that will be able to do an estimate. However for other items I am having some difficulty finding from a verifiable repair facility. The most recent example I have encountered was for an electronic cigarette. I do not know anyone that offers repairs on this item. Does anyone have experience in this? Thanks in advance

Have you put in a lot of claims?  I've never had them ask me for an estimate. They've always refunded with no questions asked...

Offline yoss6400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage,sapfire,freedom,marriott, hertz, avis, united
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »
Have you put in a lot of claims?  I've never had them ask me for an estimate. They've always refunded with no questions asked...
Have you put in a lot of claims?

looks like it from his words
"Credit Cards delaying arguments for 30 Days"

Offline meh

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »

Well over the years they add up, but I don't file them so often. I never used to get requests like this either until a claim filed a few weeks ago.