Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

Current available offers:
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/AAExec/

Citi-Business
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-business.jsp
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
The new 18 month language isn't on this application

50k WMC Plat level offer page
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. American Airlines AAdvantage®
bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Card opened or closed (meaning opened a new card no matter it's current statues) in the past 18 months.

From FlyerTalk Old Citi Executive AA 50k after $5k spend link. The new 18 month language isn't on this application.[/url]

35K WMC consumer and business offer page
$1.5k spending in 3 months

Citibank Contacts:
Application status – https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do?screenID=3187
(800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
(888) 201-4523 – Application status
(866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line
(800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
(800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep

Many people have also had better luck writing to the office of the President for reconsideration on Citi cards:
Mr. Ken Stork
Office of the President
PO Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

HT: FT

Citi in NY pulls from either Equifax or Experian or both. YMMV even by the same person.

If you live in NJ or NY, you should freeze your Experian. They will only pull Equifax then. Otherwise, YMMV.

FOR MORE INFO, READ FT'S WIKI - IT IS PHENOMENAL, FT WIKI

Quote from the above mentioned FT WIKI:
For the most part, freezing Experian, or another bureau, will not cause Citi to pull a different bureau. They will almost certainly require you to unfreeze the bureau they wish to pull or deny your application. Some people have been successful providing the PIN but others have not. Mostly, freezing a credit bureau in an attempt to force Citi to pull a different one seems to waste time, money, and effort for little result. But YMMV.

DDF data points (As of 10/2015)
NY- pulls both EQ/EX, can still get instant approval with EX frozen
CA, OH, PA, TX- ONLY EX. Citi will refuse to pull other bureau

Benefits:..
New no forex fees starting Nov.'15

From FT Wiki:"Important exception: If you receive a Platinum World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC (as indicated on the back of the card), the opening of that card will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule. This is true not only for conversions in early 2015, but also for those in more recent months.
Note: It makes no difference when (or whether) you activate the World Elite card. If you have the WE card in hand, then the conversion on Citi's books is already complete. There is nothing magical about activating it.
There are a few reports that some Gold World MC are being converted to Gold World Elite MC and that will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule."
UPDATE: As of 02/18/2016 (for applications after 02/09/2016), the W>WE loophole may be dead.
« Last edited by Yhgfkj on August 26, 2016, 12:49:48 AM »

Author Topic: Citi AA Master Thread  (Read 2780745 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Citi AA Master Thread
« Reply #10100 on: October 19, 2020, 10:19:41 AM »
Following executive offices, sue or arbitrate.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #10101 on: October 19, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
any advice on how to proceed?

my story: I signed up and received a SUB on CitiBusiness platinum card for business #1 (sole prop no business name). A year later I was interested in getting the same card & SUB for business #2 (business name w/ EIN), so checked with Citi knowing the 48 month rule. Via chat that I still have a copy of, the representative confirmed I would in fact get a bonus on card for business #2 since now applying under a legal business name (despite already having the citibusiness card). With that information, I applied and reached spend amount on card. As feared, bonus never showed and now Citi is refusing to honor their reps statement saying "it was a mistake".

tried HUCA via chat and phone. spoke to "supervisors" and nothing.
At some point you need to ask yourself if it is worth all the trouble.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »
At some point you need to ask yourself if it is worth all the trouble.

true, but for 65K miles i can make a few phone calls, emails and send letters :)

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: October 19, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
Following executive offices, sue or arbitrate.

what does "Following executive offices" mean?

never sued/arbitrate anyone - i assume its quite time consuming, yes?

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #10104 on: October 19, 2020, 11:26:12 AM »
true, but for 65K miles i can make a few phone calls, emails and send letters :)
I agree but at some point it gets to much. You can focus your energy on getting other bonuses.
Yes, best to have someone do it for you.
One thing you want to ask if you sue or arbitrate does it come with a lifetime ban?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: October 19, 2020, 11:53:26 AM »
what does "Following executive offices" mean?

I think @AJK meant "following an attempt to get the executive office to grant you the SUB" CMIIW.

You can call them at 1-888-766-2484
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: October 19, 2020, 01:27:12 PM »
I quick complaint to the CFPB works wonders https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Offline nocknock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: February 23, 2021, 02:13:27 PM »
Just keep asking for people's superiors. You can also SM and send a letter to the office of the CEO, that sometimes works.
Office of the CEO contact pls

TIA

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: February 23, 2021, 02:22:03 PM »
Office of the CEO contact pls

TIA
Mr. Ken Stork
Office of the President
PO Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

Offline Samb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: February 25, 2021, 04:53:41 PM »
I think @AJK meant "following an attempt to get the executive office to grant you the SUB" CMIIW.

Number is wrong

Offline LNS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: May 13, 2021, 06:55:43 PM »
is the platinum select worth getting now with a 60k sign up?

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: May 24, 2021, 08:30:10 PM »
can someone confirm  after 48 months of  getting the bonus your eligible to get bonus for new app even if you closed your old card in the middle of the 48 months?

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: April 26, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »
is this card referred to the AA metal?

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: October 21, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »
So I'm about to jump off the bridge here but the situation is that the last couple of months I did some spending on this card and what they are posting to my AA account as base spending doesn't add up?!?

I'm missing 2600sh points.

Some from Sept statement and some from Oct statement

I have attempted for hours to get an answer on the phone and on a chat and they give giving me the most frustrating unhelpful answers. The only thing I can see is that the spending was done through PayPal on my Citi card and the only reason I did that was because City had an offer a few months ago. Did encouraged me to add my Citi card to paypal and do the spending with PayPal. So once it was there I was just using that. Is there any reason it wouldn't post? Is there any reason it would take time?

It's less about the 2600 point so though it's important because it goes towards my status. But it's also about the fact that nobody seems to be willing or able to help me. I just want to crack my phone and scream

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: October 24, 2022, 05:34:48 PM »
On Dan's CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® 65K link....

I'm putting my name as business name and Sole Proprieter and getting error message "Please make sure the Authorized Officer name is different from the Business name"

Someone on Flyer Talk said to add middle initial.

In a case where someone doesn't have a middle name or middle initial legally, wouldn't adding a middle initial be making a fake name for the sole proprietor business?

Any suggestions?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: October 25, 2022, 12:40:28 AM »
So I'm about to jump off the bridge here but the situation is that the last couple of months I did some spending on this card and what they are posting to my AA account as base spending doesn't add up?!?

I'm missing 2600sh points.

Some from Sept statement and some from Oct statement

I have attempted for hours to get an answer on the phone and on a chat and they give giving me the most frustrating unhelpful answers. The only thing I can see is that the spending was done through PayPal on my Citi card and the only reason I did that was because City had an offer a few months ago. Did encouraged me to add my Citi card to paypal and do the spending with PayPal. So once it was there I was just using that. Is there any reason it wouldn't post? Is there any reason it would take time?

It's less about the 2600 point so though it's important because it goes towards my status. But it's also about the fact that nobody seems to be willing or able to help me. I just want to crack my phone and scream

The only thing I can see is that in PayPal this is listed as automatic payments. I don't know how that happened but I canceled it and certainly wasn't automatic. It was different purchases. Any idea?

Offline VLK

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: December 28, 2022, 10:24:48 AM »
Now that you can earn AA status through loyalty points, which is essentially CC spending is there any way to credit the loyalty points to one account for status and another account receives the miles on an AA business card?

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: January 21, 2023, 06:57:52 PM »
I got an email to upgrade my AA card to platinum select, with 1st year annual fee waived but no points. Anything to lose and will this reset the clock and make me ineligible to apply for a new card for the next 48 months? Tia

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: January 23, 2023, 06:22:30 AM »
I got an email to upgrade my AA card to platinum select, with 1st year annual fee waived but no points. Anything to lose and will this reset the clock and make me ineligible to apply for a new card for the next 48 months? Tia
Bump

Offline gmd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: March 30, 2023, 09:03:03 PM »
When do the points earned from my Citi Business card post to my AA account? Do the loyalty points post at the same time?