Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

Current available offers:
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/AAExec/

Citi-Business
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-business.jsp
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
The new 18 month language isn't on this application

50k WMC Plat level offer page
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. American Airlines AAdvantage®
bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Card opened or closed (meaning opened a new card no matter it's current statues) in the past 18 months.

From FlyerTalk Old Citi Executive AA 50k after $5k spend link. The new 18 month language isn't on this application.[/url]

35K WMC consumer and business offer page
$1.5k spending in 3 months

Citibank Contacts:
Application status – https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do?screenID=3187
(800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
(888) 201-4523 – Application status
(866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line
(800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
(800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep

Many people have also had better luck writing to the office of the President for reconsideration on Citi cards:
Mr. Ken Stork
Office of the President
PO Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

HT: FT

Citi in NY pulls from either Equifax or Experian or both. YMMV even by the same person.

If you live in NJ or NY, you should freeze your Experian. They will only pull Equifax then. Otherwise, YMMV.

FOR MORE INFO, READ FT'S WIKI - IT IS PHENOMENAL, FT WIKI

Quote from the above mentioned FT WIKI:
For the most part, freezing Experian, or another bureau, will not cause Citi to pull a different bureau. They will almost certainly require you to unfreeze the bureau they wish to pull or deny your application. Some people have been successful providing the PIN but others have not. Mostly, freezing a credit bureau in an attempt to force Citi to pull a different one seems to waste time, money, and effort for little result. But YMMV.

DDF data points (As of 10/2015)
NY- pulls both EQ/EX, can still get instant approval with EX frozen
CA, OH, PA, TX- ONLY EX. Citi will refuse to pull other bureau

Benefits:..
New no forex fees starting Nov.'15

From FT Wiki:"Important exception: If you receive a Platinum World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC (as indicated on the back of the card), the opening of that card will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule. This is true not only for conversions in early 2015, but also for those in more recent months.
Note: It makes no difference when (or whether) you activate the World Elite card. If you have the WE card in hand, then the conversion on Citi's books is already complete. There is nothing magical about activating it.
There are a few reports that some Gold World MC are being converted to Gold World Elite MC and that will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule."
UPDATE: As of 02/18/2016 (for applications after 02/09/2016), the W>WE loophole may be dead.
« Last edited by Yhgfkj on August 26, 2016, 12:49:48 AM »

Author Topic: Citi AA Master Thread  (Read 2786575 times)

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA Master Thread
« Reply #960 on: August 31, 2013, 09:46:20 PM »
I just got the 40k business card a couple weeks ago. What's the best way to get credited with the new 50k offer? Is Citi nice with these things like Chase is or are they more like Amex? If there is a way to get the extra 10k, what is it? SM is best?

Please advise.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »
trying to figure out, can i apply for two personnel aa cards? or can i do one personnel one biz? or two biz cards?

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 31, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
trying to figure out, can i apply for two personnel aa cards? or can i do one personnel one biz? or two biz cards?
no only one or one plus business ymmv

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #963 on: August 31, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
no only one or one plus business ymmv

need some quick help i jsut applied for two citi AA card and they said I can only be approved for one. I dont wanna weaste a 3Bm and wondering if i can quickly apply for  something else! what is the window of time that i have?

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 31, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
need some quick help i jsut applied for two citi AA card and they said I can only be approved for one. I dont wanna weaste a 3Bm and wondering if i can quickly apply for  something else! what is the window of time that i have?
you cant , only 1 card per day!

Offline SrulyP

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #965 on: August 31, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
you cant , only 1 card per day!
can i apply for something else quickly?

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 31, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »
Anyone have experience if I made a purchase but got refunded, will that qualify as spend requirement for bonus on citi AA?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 31, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »

thanks! How long in between ?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 31, 2013, 11:52:14 PM »
can i apply for something else quickly?

Do you people not do research? If you had you would have known that Citi only approves 1 card per day.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #969 on: September 01, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »
Do you people not do research? If you had you would have known that Citi only approves 1 card per day.
They approve one biz and one personal
(although two pulls...)

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 01, 2013, 02:31:08 AM »
(although two pulls...)

SrulyP thought he could do a 2BM or 3BM with Citi with one pull.

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 01, 2013, 02:34:12 AM »
(although two pulls...)
He was responding to someone requesting a way to do a 2/3BM with only getting one pull.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 02, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
I got the 40k business card a couple weeks ago. I SMed them to ask if they could match the current 50k offer. Here is the response. Is it normal for them to be such hard @$$es or is this part of their new reputation?

Re: Rewards

09/02/13 02:02:51 PM

Customer Service Wrote:

Dear Freddie:

By submitting your application, you accepted the terms of the incentive offers associated with your application and those terms cannot be changed.

While we understand you may be dissatisfied with outcome of your inquiry, please know that our actions are consistent with the terms of your promotional offer.

Offline PBaruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 02, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »
I got the 40k business card a couple weeks ago. I SMed them to ask if they could match the current 50k offer. Here is the response. Is it normal for them to be such hard @$$es or is this part of their new reputation?

Customer Service Wrote:

Dear Freddie:

By submitting your application, you accepted the terms of the incentive offers associated with your application and those terms cannot be changed.

While we understand you may be dissatisfied with outcome of your inquiry, please know that our actions are consistent with the terms of your promotional offer.

As far as I know this is typical of Citi.
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 02, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »

Customer Service Wrote:

Dear Freddie:

IME, Chase is the only bank that is very generous with offer matching.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »

Customer Service Wrote:

Dear Freddie:

+1 me too

Offline stuckinthemiddle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 04, 2013, 01:10:34 AM »
Did anyone have the experience of being approved for 2 cards (both had identical closing date) and then only have 1 50K bonus post to AA?  Base miles posted for both.  Monthly statement states 50k bonuses for each.  - Is it possible that one of the 50K bonuses is lagging behind and will post next statement cycle?

Had the same issue and it's been about 10 days.  Don't think it's a matter of waiting any more.  Seems more like a genuine issue.  Just wondering if you got this resolved.  I just sent a SM and they are saying it will take 10-15 days to get back to me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2013, 12:45:52 AM »
Did a 2BM a few weeks ago. 1 card approved by shifting over credit from an existing AA card, denied the 2nd card for more than 1 app on the same day.

Wrote a letter to the stork and got a call saying the 2nd card has been approved.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aj26

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 08, 2013, 12:49:53 AM »
Biz and personal?

Offline asd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile