Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

Current available offers:
http://www.dansdeals.com/go/AAExec/

Citi-Business
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-business.jsp
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
The new 18 month language isn't on this application

50k WMC Plat level offer page
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. American Airlines AAdvantage®
bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Card opened or closed (meaning opened a new card no matter it's current statues) in the past 18 months.

From FlyerTalk Old Citi Executive AA 50k after $5k spend link. The new 18 month language isn't on this application.[/url]

35K WMC consumer and business offer page
$1.5k spending in 3 months

Citibank Contacts:
Application status – https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do?screenID=3187
(800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
(888) 201-4523 – Application status
(866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line
(800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
(800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep

Many people have also had better luck writing to the office of the President for reconsideration on Citi cards:
Mr. Ken Stork
Office of the President
PO Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

HT: FT

Citi in NY pulls from either Equifax or Experian or both. YMMV even by the same person.

If you live in NJ or NY, you should freeze your Experian. They will only pull Equifax then. Otherwise, YMMV.

FOR MORE INFO, READ FT'S WIKI - IT IS PHENOMENAL, FT WIKI

Quote from the above mentioned FT WIKI:
For the most part, freezing Experian, or another bureau, will not cause Citi to pull a different bureau. They will almost certainly require you to unfreeze the bureau they wish to pull or deny your application. Some people have been successful providing the PIN but others have not. Mostly, freezing a credit bureau in an attempt to force Citi to pull a different one seems to waste time, money, and effort for little result. But YMMV.

DDF data points (As of 10/2015)
NY- pulls both EQ/EX, can still get instant approval with EX frozen
CA, OH, PA, TX- ONLY EX. Citi will refuse to pull other bureau

Benefits:..
New no forex fees starting Nov.'15

From FT Wiki:"Important exception: If you receive a Platinum World MC which is later converted to a World Elite MC (as indicated on the back of the card), the opening of that card will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule. This is true not only for conversions in early 2015, but also for those in more recent months.
Note: It makes no difference when (or whether) you activate the World Elite card. If you have the WE card in hand, then the conversion on Citi's books is already complete. There is nothing magical about activating it.
There are a few reports that some Gold World MC are being converted to Gold World Elite MC and that will no longer count for purposes of the 18-month rule."
UPDATE: As of 02/18/2016 (for applications after 02/09/2016), the W>WE loophole may be dead.
« Last edited by Yhgfkj on August 26, 2016, 12:49:48 AM »

Author Topic: Citi AA Master Thread  (Read 2786610 times)

Offline rr1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA Master Thread
« Reply #5560 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account? Meaning in how long will an aadvantage account be opened that I can actually use the points?Thank you

I know that YMMV but whats the normal?

Online Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:47 AM »
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account?
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account? Meaning in how long will an aadvantage account be opened that I can actually use the points?Thank you

Keep it going!  >:(

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5562 on: April 01, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account?

I'd be able to retire from the mileage game if I got 1000 miles for every time that question was asked and answered.

ETA: Darn. Beat me.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yankelsheester

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: April 01, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »
Can't anyone just answer him once....
Instead of teasing him, and him posting again n again

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #5564 on: April 01, 2014, 12:14:18 AM »
Does anyone know?
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account? Meaning in how long will an aadvantage account be opened that I can actually use the points?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline yankelsheester

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: April 01, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »
Does anyone know?
How long does it take to go from the 110k earned and 0 transferred to AA to getting it transferred into the new AA account? Meaning in how long will an aadvantage account be opened that I can actually use the points?
YMMV?

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: April 01, 2014, 12:21:09 AM »
Does anyone know?
Didn't we deicide to stop the sarcasm?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #5567 on: April 01, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »
Didn't we deicide to stop the sarcasm?
Sarcasm will stop when someone puts just a little effort in first. So the answer to your question is "H*LL NO".
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline DBK

• View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: April 01, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »

Sarcasm will stop when someone puts just a little effort in first. So the answer to your question is "H*LL NO".
+1000000

Offline nobiggy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: April 01, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »
I have 2 citi aa cards 1. 9k CL 2. 13k CL  I want to go for a 3rd card! But I have a quick qustion should I close one of them down before I apply for my 3rd being they might say you have gotten too much credit from us or who cares? Also even if I close it down how long should I wait to apply for 3rd can I do it that same day? A proper answer from the professionals is needed

Online Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:06 AM »
I have 2 citi aa cards 1. 9k CL 2. 13k CL  I want to go for a 3rd card! But I have a quick qustion should I close one of them down before I apply for my 3rd being they might say you have gotten too much credit from us or who cares? Also even if I close it down how long should I wait to apply for 3rd can I do it that same day? A proper answer from the professionals is needed
I would say you should apply before closing the 1'st, this way you you can use that CL as leverage.

Offline yankelsheester

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: April 01, 2014, 01:40:11 AM »
I would say you should apply before closing the 1'st, this way you you can use that CL as leverage.
if citi doesn't approve u because of credit related issues. Can u shift credit from another card can that help?

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: April 01, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
I just applied from Israel, had to call and was instantly approved. Due to being in Israel / no more VR's I tried to do some math to meet the 10k limit

I am knocking off 3,000$ for 3 months of AP (sending from me -> mom)
I added my mother as an AU, and am asking her to put as much as she can on there.

My question is can I have my mother, who is an AU, send AP to someone (OBVIOUSLY not me, say a friend) from her credit card (which is effectively my card, same numbers, just her name on it) for another 3000$?
 *OBVIOUSLY* not sending AP to me. But say we could get someone else in the loop, like a friend.

TIA!!!!
כפרות על כפרה

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
Does anyone know?
Are you related to Yankel Miller?
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:54 AM »

My question is can I have my mother, who is an AU, send AP to someone (OBVIOUSLY not me, say a friend) from her credit card (which is effectively my card, same numbers, just her name on it) for another 3000$?
 *OBVIOUSLY* not sending AP to me. But say we could get someone else in the loop, like a friend.

TIA!!!!

No one knows for sure when AP closes an account but some reports say that if two accounts use the same card number it will trigger a shut down.
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: April 01, 2014, 07:55:59 AM »
I just applied from Israel, had to call and was instantly approved. Due to being in Israel / no more VR's I tried to do some math to meet the 10k limit

I am knocking off 3,000$ for 3 months of AP (sending from me -> mom)
I added my mother as an AU, and am asking her to put as much as she can on there.

TIA!!!!

3 months usually has 4 calendar months in them.

Citi virtual number.

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »

what about second card?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
what about second card?
Same as first.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline bar19900

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: April 01, 2014, 09:41:06 AM »
3 months usually has 4 calendar months in them.

Citi virtual number.

+1, good data point.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »
Does anyone know?

Meshuggy that's a great question !  Thanks for asking  :)