Author Topic: IP Address Question  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: IP Address Question
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »
Who told you that you need separate IP's for amazon payments?

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »
Essentially is the IP address dependent on the computer you using or does it change depending on the source of your internet connection? Your router vs diff peoples router?
The public (WAN) ip address is determined by the ISP.  So if you access the internet at Starbucks, your IP will be different than when you access over your home connection.  Furthermore, rebooting your modem at home, may also give you a new public IP.

Offline notanonymous

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

wasnt meant to be
I misread the original question.  I thought you were asking if you connect TO a hotspot from your phone. 

The answer to your question is, yes, it should change.

Offline DBK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »
Who told you that you need separate IP's for amazon payments?
Saw something on a thread I will need to find that you can get shut down if they see you working within the same IP address even if using different accounts.
The public (WAN) ip address is determined by the ISP.  So if you access the internet at Starbucks, your IP will be different than when you access over your home connection.  Furthermore, rebooting your modem at home, may also give you a new public IP.
Thanks for the info!

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:29 AM »
Saw something on a thread I will need to find that you can get shut down if they see you working within the same IP address even if using different accounts.Thanks for the info!
Must be a new thing, I haven't used AP for quite a few months and therefore didn't read the thread. If IP is the issue you can do once from your phone with 3g, then connect to wifi and you get a second public IP. After that you can either use someone elses internet, work, public hotspots, library, or you can try rebooting your modem and you "sometimes" get a new IP. (I know I have the same IP from optimum for probably over a year.) It helps if you leave it off for a few minutes, in hopes that someone else gets a lease for your IP.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:57:30 AM by Moishel »

Offline DBK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
Must me a new thing, I haven't used AP for quite a few months and therefore didn't read the thread. If IP is the issue you can do once from your phone with 3g, then connect to wifi and you get a second public IP. After that you can either use someone elses internet, work, public hotspots, library, or you can try rebooting your modem and you "sometimes" get a new IP. (I know I have the same IP from optimum for probably over a year.) It helps if you leave it off for a few minutes, in hopes that someone else gets a lease for your IP.
Cool stuff good info