Author Topic: Memories  (Read 5203 times)

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Memories
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
For all those that were following the now locked discussion on pyramid schemes.

When i was reading it, I couldn't help thinking about a previous member we had here on the forums.   
For all those that remember as far back as I do (which is most of you ;)), remember that guy who came on saying he had higher then top-tier status in every hotel. And his friends father is CEO of one of the hotels etc.
There are a couple of very nice adjectives to explain all of their posts...

Offline SuperFlyer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Memories
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:39:12 PM »
Let's remain silent for one minute, gentleman.

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 04:26:16 PM »
MLM dudes sound like J4J zealots
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »
Reminded me of trying to convince some that Israel is just trying to defend themselves.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
im coming into this completely neutral, and i have to say, at the end of the day, he did quite a job defending himself. i hear both sides

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 05:26:50 PM »
 when a thread gets Closed shouldnt it remain that way and not get restarted by opening a new thread continuing the discussion

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
Steve2, wouldn't you want your memory of begging for lounge invitation live on forever?

Moish is right though. (I gave a couple of comments that prove it)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
Steve2, wouldn't you want your memory of begging for lounge invitation live on forever?

Moish is right though. (I gave a couple of comments that prove it)

anyone can PM or email Dan with what they feel should be posted in the other thread and if he agrees then he can add it to the other thread just as any BB will do (or any Mod) I just dont think its correct to start a new thread simply due to an old 1 being Locked up

As for Guesting dont worry Dan started that thread and and no way will he Lock it, nor did I ask him to, sometimes people do strange things in order to try and Embrass or put someone else down, Im Fine with that in this case

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »
anyone can PM or email Dan with what they feel should be posted in the other thread and if he agrees then he can add it to the other thread just as any BB will do (or any Mod) I just dont think its correct to start a new thread simply due to an old 1 being Locked up

As for Guesting dont worry Dan started that thread and and no way will he Lock it, nor did I ask him to, sometimes people do strange things in order to try and Embrass or put someone else down, Im Fine with that in this case
I did not start the guesting thread.

Eli decided to break it off the other "traveling with infants" thread as he wanted the other thread to be easier to read.  Personally I would've left it as it was, as my point was that you were selectively calling people out on C"H while being overly generous to yourself in the definition of one.  I wouldn't start a thread dedicated to just bashing someone, that's poor taste.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:56:50 PM »
I did not start the guesting thread.

Eli decided to break it off the other "traveling with infants" thread as he wanted the other thread to be easier to read.  Personally I would've left it as it was, as my point was that you were selectively calling people out on C"H while being overly generous to yourself in the definition of one.  I wouldn't start a thread dedicated to just bashing someone, that's poor taste.

true but Eli wasnt the person who on the other thread posted the Link from FT about that, now was he. I have nothing against Eli nor for his having made the Guesting a thread onto its own, but it still doesnt belong in the Miles thread a sit has Nothing to do with Miles whatsoever, but I take it if a person wants it to get max exposure putting it in the Forum it belongs into would accomplish that.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »
Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite

Programs: All of them
 Re: What do you eat before a fast?
« Reply #38 on: Today at 02:01:53 PM »QuoteQuote from: moish on Today at 01:03:31 PM
which one are you referring to "in general" yom kippur, asara bteves, shiva asar btamuz, tzom gedalia, or taanis esther?
in any event have an easy and meaningful fast
And on other days we're not mourning the loss of eretz yisroel?
And on other days bittul torah doesn't apply?
Or just filling your mind with shtooyot?

Not everyone is holding on your level.  Perhaps if everyone would try to become more acceptable to that fact there would be less sinas chinam which is what got us into the whole churban mess in the first place.  I'm not accusing you of sinas chinum c"v, just saying there's a lot of it out there because people have a problem with others not holding on their own spiritual level instead of accepting them for who they are and allowing for them to grow at their own pace.

I applaud those who are holding at such a level, but for the rest of us for whom fasting isn't the easiest thing having something to take your mind from it is surely better than not fasting at all...
« Last Edit: Today at 02:05:01 PM by Dan »

very profound and nothing to disagree on , now if we only would practice what we preach how much better things would be which doesnt exclude anyone

Embrassing someone in Public  or trying to isnt a small thing

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 07:02:39 PM »
true but Eli wasnt the person who on the other thread posted the Link from FT about that, now was he. I have nothing against Eli nor for his having made the Guesting a thread onto its own, but it still doesnt belong in the Miles thread a sit has Nothing to do with Miles whatsoever, but I take it if a person wants it to get max exposure putting it in the Forum it belongs into would accomplish that.
See, you still don't see my point.  If you are going to accuse others on multiple occasions of causing a C"H you should be careful being in a glass house.  That is all.

And by the definition given, that forum deals with anything related to air travel, which would include airport and lounge access.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
See, you still don't see my point.  If you are going to accuse others on multiple occasions of causing a C"H you should be careful being in a glass house.  That is all.

And by the definition given, that forum deals with anything related to air travel, which would include airport and lounge access.
nor do U see mine for whatever reason. and there is a case where you or I or anyone can think it though and NOT see a case of C"H being applied and then there are times when its hard not to. To me when Im flying even if in a BB cap if I ordered a KSML or will be davening on the plane I MUST be extra careful with what I do or say etc. If there is no meal and I wont be davening then I also have to be careful but theres more leeway IMO.

So if someones name is say Glen Daskal and didnt order any KSML and wont be davening and wants to Sneak his baby into Biz , thats 1 thing .On the hand if their name is Jacob Klein and they will be davening on board and did order KSML, or if they didnt and will be wearing a black hat or yamaka thats something completely different and a case for a C"H is much higher

it wasnt a question of right or wrong  (maybe stealing is debatable but I wasnt heading there ) I simply saw numerous times what hapepned on TWA and even CO when people decided to simply take a seat they wanted to. A Chardei Israeli sefradi on 1 flight refused to sit between 2 women and when told either he sits there or will be taken off simply took an empty BF seat and refused to move, it got very heated and the police were called since we were still at the Gate. In the end some others moved. And yes I have 1 episode that till today I feel I could take back but cant, sometimes under fire people do things that they shouldnt. Its another thing to actually plan to do those things. That sefradi didnt plan on doing what he did!

If U cant see the difference between planning to do something w/o considering if it can end up in a C"H and from thinking it thru and not seeing it , I cant help you. If a person has flown before and was told theres no charge for a baby and then at the airport is told something else and theres a completely full flight, I can understand going into a Plan B how to fly with the baby with us. Which is different then knowing the score ahead of time and planning on how to get around it while decked out and looking like a Rabbi, that was my POINT

Im far from perfect and try and see what will be before it is. The old joke after being pulled over by a cop for running aRed Light, the cop gets up to the driver and says, didnt U see the red light, the driver answers sure did Only I didnt see you! = Had I known someone complained or that a C"H would be the end result No way would I done what I did, I thought I had it worked out no different to that guy running the red light.

To me at least running a red light in front of the police station is asking for a tkt = a flight to TLV is asking for trouble and I cant see how a person could say no way will a case of C"H be able to occur. while dressed right no meals being served and no davening on board I can see where a person can say worse comes to worse they will charge me or I will have to sit in coach and they wont have any idea that Im Jewish and wouldnt have a prob with someone doing it (not saying they should or shouldnt only its a completely different set of circumstances)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:32:33 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
ing at all...
very profound and nothing to disagree on , now if we only would practice what we preach how much better things would be which doesnt exclude anyone
 Embrassing someone in Public  or trying to isnt a small thing
You seem convinced that I'm trying to embarrass you.  That wasn't my point at all and I'm not even sure why you would be embarrassed if you maintain that you did nothing wrong.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
You seem convinced that I'm trying to embarrass you.  That wasn't my point at all and I'm not even sure why you would be embarrassed if you maintain that you did nothing wrong.

Lets leave it here before we make Eli start another thread, simply cause you could have said what you wanted w/o pulling in that Thread from FT, and you are Correct Im not embrassed although many will say I should be! and as I said I did this all of 3 times and doing it once and causing a C"H is 1 time way too many IMO!

I didnt say I want in and dont care of what I cause. I thought it thru and didnt see any way that I would cause it or be caught. If you are gonna run a red light I would hope you would at least first look around to see if there are any cops waiting to catch you. You looked and looked good so you took the chance, unfortuantely there was a plain clothes cop sitting say by the bus stop and he radios it in. Thats all if a person really thought it thru and didnt see any problems I could understand that.

Heck I do Appreciate people posting why they feel Im wrong and why they feel what I did was aC"H and I agreed with what chuchem posted and said (although I had no plans or need to do it again) that I would refrain from doing so. The others I felt had another agendure but I was able to Mekalbil what he posted even if I didnt agree 100% with everything, he said enough for me to see it in another view which I hadnt beforehand

so an easy Tanis to ALL and 1 and may it the last one we have to have

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
so an easy Tanis to ALL and 1 and may it the last one we have to have
+1, but I'm still hoping to hear a shofar before I go to Eichah in an hour...