Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1035731 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 14, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
What do you mean heavier?  The wheel? My current Ford Fusion has a delay... when I shift to reverse it take a couple of seconds until it starts to go reverse. Does the explorer have the same?

How is the pickup compared to the Highlander?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 14, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »
Unless you want the big SUV, I highly recommend the 2015 Subaru Outback. It has 8.6" clearance, symmetrical AWD (which I feel is way better than most other AWD/4WD vehicles), luxurious, comfortable, and has some really cool features if you get it with Eyesight. I got my outback a week ago and love it. I know its not cheap and it definitely is not the typical Jewish car, but ask anybody that has owned one (any year) and chances are they are in love with it. I personally like that it has all of the benefits of a SUV without being big and bulky. Furthermore, it is much easier for me to get my bike up on the roof rack.
But if you want one, good luck finding one. Out of 9 dealers I contacted in NY, only one had one ready for delivery (but it didn't have the eyesight and wasn't the color I wanted). All of them were saying a 8-10 week wait. Maryland and New Jersey have a little better inventory but still very limited so you may not find the options and colors you want too easily.

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 15, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »
What do you mean heavier?  The wheel? My current Ford Fusion has a delay... when I shift to reverse it take a couple of seconds until it starts to go reverse. Does the explorer have the same?

How is the pickup compared to the Highlander?

What do I mean heavier?? I mean it id actually a good 800 LBS heavier so it is a much bigger car than the 12 Highlander I had. The pickup is very good on the Explorer. I have ZERO problems getting my car up to the speeds I want. One thing I don't miss from the Highlander is the shaking and rattling it used to do. You can tell a lot of it was built with plastic on the inside.

The only delay I have experienced is when you first start the car and roll back out of the driveway, putting it into Drive. Otherwise No delay at all. The SYNC system is also very nice. Do you need a 7 seater?
Unless you want the big SUV, I highly recommend the 2015 Subaru Outback. It has 8.6" clearance, symmetrical AWD (which I feel is way better than most other AWD/4WD vehicles), luxurious, comfortable, and has some really cool features if you get it with Eyesight. I got my outback a week ago and love it. I know its not cheap and it definitely is not the typical Jewish car, but ask anybody that has owned one (any year) and chances are they are in love with it. I personally like that it has all of the benefits of a SUV without being big and bulky. Furthermore, it is much easier for me to get my bike up on the roof rack.
But if you want one, good luck finding one. Out of 9 dealers I contacted in NY, only one had one ready for delivery (but it didn't have the eyesight and wasn't the color I wanted). All of them were saying a 8-10 week wait. Maryland and New Jersey have a little better inventory but still very limited so you may not find the options and colors you want too easily.

When we were shopping for a car for my wife, we tried the outback as she had one as her first car. 2 reasons why we didn't but it. 1) No A/C or heating in the back seat. My kids over heat very very quickly so we wanted vents or controls in the back area and there were none. The only air or heat comes from the front (not sure if that is important to anyone else). 2) Just built cheap looking. Very plasticey (I guess it's a word now) and very basic looking.

My sister in law has one and its her 3rd so they are good cars but just some observations.

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
When we were shopping for a car for my wife, we tried the outback as she had one as her first car. 2 reasons why we didn't but it. 1) No A/C or heating in the back seat. My kids over heat very very quickly so we wanted vents or controls in the back area and there were none. The only air or heat comes from the front (not sure if that is important to anyone else). 2) Just built cheap looking. Very plasticey (I guess it's a word now) and very basic looking.

My sister in law has one and its her 3rd so they are good cars but just some observations.
Was that the 2015 model? Which trim? My 2015 Limited trim have vents in the back (but no individual control). The back also have individual heated seats.
As far as plasticey, the 2015 model was completely remade. But I do agree that the interior wooden bar below the dashboard looks cheap and plastic.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 15, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »
I need a bigger SUV....
What do I mean heavier?? I mean it id actually a good 800 LBS heavier so it is a much bigger car than the 12 Highlander I had. The pickup is very good on the Explorer. I have ZERO problems getting my car up to the speeds I want. One thing I don't miss from the Highlander is the shaking and rattling it used to do. You can tell a lot of it was built with plastic on the inside.

The only delay I have experienced is when you first start the car and roll back out of the driveway, putting it into Drive. Otherwise No delay at all. The SYNC system is also very nice. Do you need a 7 seater?

You talking about the Explorer here? I do need a 7 seater. I want to fit 3 kids and it should still be spacious. I figure, I can even pick up 1 seat from the third row and still have space for luggage.

Offline Shmulie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 15, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »
did you try the Dodge Durango my mom just got limited and its very nice

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 15, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
did you try the Dodge Durango my mom just got limited and its very nice
Looks bulky... How much does she pay p/ month?

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
Was that the 2015 model? Which trim? My 2015 Limited trim have vents in the back (but no individual control). The back also have individual heated seats.
As far as plasticey, the 2015 model was completely remade. But I do agree that the interior wooden bar below the dashboard looks cheap and plastic.

It was the 2014, glad to hear they made some changes.

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
A have been shopping around for an SUV in the past few weeks
Pilot - EX-L w/o nav
Highlander - XLE /nav
RX350 - AWD w/o nav
U think u can get the pilot for even cheaper.

Offline landz124

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 15, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »

U think u can get the pilot for even cheaper.

Possibly you have to shop around

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 15, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
It was the 2014, glad to hear they made some changes.
Major changes, inside and out. Originally I was going to go with a used 2013 or 2014 model (which is more or less the same as every year from 2010) but then I saw the 2015 and features and I changed my mind. The only had change with e 2015 is that they no longer make it stick shift, only automatic. :'(

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 15, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
Yeah, I've seen those (kia, honda, toyota) all about $380 on cloth with taxes rolled in.
Was wondering if any better deals.
Saw odyssey ex advertised at 310 including tax. Even if 1400 upfront for tags, bank fee etc, that shouldn't be 380

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 15, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
Saw odyssey ex advertised at 310 including tax. Even if 1400 upfront for tags, bank fee etc, that shouldn't be 380
+1 saw it for under $300

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 16, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
I got an Explorer XLT with nav and Moonroof for $447 through NY Auto Mall. Wanted the Highlander but prices are insane.
does it come with parking sensors? And BTW the highlander went down in price, a XLE is now $460.

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 16, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
I'm looking to lease a crossover, I see that Plaza has now the 2015 Kia Soul for $189
Is this a good deal?

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 16, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
Looks bulky... How much does she pay p/ month?
I had a fully loaded top of the line Durango for about $400 a month. loved it.

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 16, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
does it come with parking sensors? And BTW the highlander went down in price, a XLE is now $460.

Yes, camera and sensors...and that is depressing about the Highlander...my lease was up though so not much I can do.

You can do around $415 on the explorer if ya dont want moonroof.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 16, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
Yes, camera and sensors...and that is depressing about the Highlander...my lease was up though so not much I can do.

You can do around $415 on the explorer if ya dont want moonroof.
you have the limited or the xlt? i thought that the xlt does not come with sensors?

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #1218 on: March 16, 2015, 04:34:22 PM »
Is the explorer reliable?
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »
Has anyone ever given/taken over a lease before? What's the logistics of going through with such a thing?
TIA!