Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1060921 times)

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #1740 on: October 20, 2015, 02:56:48 AM »
Does anyone know how the leasing companies work? Are they licensed car dealers? I know they approach fleet managers at various dealerships to get the vehicles but I'm curious how they are recognized/licensed legally, and how they get compensated.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=2990.msg1010527#msg1010527
I don't believe they are licensed legally

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline judahk88

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 20, 2015, 02:37:54 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=2990.msg1010527#msg1010527
I don't believe they are licensed legally
Well not all are licensed, but Wheels to Lease and PAL are both license dealers and have DMV licenses.

Offline ejb123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »
ur right im wrong. but what i did find is that when theres no money down it usually comes out a lot more expensive in the long run.

That is correct since you are financing your upfront costs (tax, registration, fees, etc.) over the course of the lease term. However, what most people don't realize is that if you total your car or if your car is stolen during your lease term, your car insurance will (most likely) cover the cost of the car and payoff the remaining lease payments with your leasing company, but any money that you put down upfront is not recoverable.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 23, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
That is correct since you are financing your upfront costs (tax, registration, fees, etc.) over the course of the lease term. However, what most people don't realize is that if you total your car or if your car is stolen during your lease term, your car insurance will (most likely) cover the cost of the car and payoff the remaining lease payments with your leasing company, but any money that you put down upfront is not recoverable.
-1 to the first sentence. If the only difference between 2 options is that there are financing costs, but otherwise the 2 options are mathematically equivalent, then it's not 'a lot more expensive in the long run'. The way the lease deals are structured, the implicit financing rates are extremely low. And in fact, most of the time the deals with money down (I mean other than tax, title, and fees) are significantly more expensive overall.

Offline ejb123

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 23, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »
-1 to the first sentence. If the only difference between 2 options is that there are financing costs, but otherwise the 2 options are mathematically equivalent, then it's not 'a lot more expensive in the long run'. The way the lease deals are structured, the implicit financing rates are extremely low. And in fact, most of the time the deals with money down (I mean other than tax, title, and fees) are significantly more expensive overall.

Ok - correct. They are not "a lot more expensive" just "more expensive" based on the financing cost and the taxes (depending on the state).

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1746 on: October 25, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »
From what I understand is that insurance payments have nothing to do with your payments. If your total the car they give you a check for the current value of the car which you in turn pay the company that owned your car. At times you come out ahead and at times you'll come out behind.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 25, 2015, 03:48:04 AM »
If what your saying is true that would be a solid reason to roll all those fees into the payments.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1748 on: October 25, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
Well not all are licensed, but Wheels to Lease and PAL are both license dealers and have DMV licenses.

what about Leasing Direct? Are they also license dealers?
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline ejb123

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 26, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »
From what I understand is that insurance payments have nothing to do with your payments. If your total the car they give you a check for the current value of the car which you in turn pay the company that owned your car. At times you come out ahead and at times you'll come out behind.

That should not be true since you don't own your car - your leasing company does. I think that would be considered insurance fraud.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1750 on: October 26, 2015, 10:03:37 AM »
That should not be true since you don't own your car - your leasing company does. I think that would be considered insurance fraud.
Insurance fraud??? I'm talking about how the payment is structured. When you lease a car your essentially leasing the whole 25K car and making small monthly payments and at the end you can buy it for the remaining amount or return it. When someone gets in to an accident the lesse basically forces them to buy it out for the remaining payments + buyout and what insurance pays you has nothing to do with what you owe the bank rather based on the value of the car.

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »
Insurance fraud??? I'm talking about how the payment is structured. When you lease a car your essentially leasing the whole 25K car and making small monthly payments and at the end you can buy it for the remaining amount or return it. When someone gets in to an accident the lesse basically forces them to buy it out for the remaining payments + buyout and what insurance pays you has nothing to do with what you owe the bank rather based on the value of the car.
from what I have heard from people who have experienced it, they only paid what you still owed and they lost what they prepaid.

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 26, 2015, 12:17:31 PM »
from what I have heard from people who have experienced it, they only paid what you still owed and they lost what they prepaid.
Typically what you have left to pay is totally in line with what the car is worth.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Excalibur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 26, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
I just got quoted 169 sentra blue tooth and backup cam nothing down

Offline davidb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 26, 2015, 05:11:45 PM »
I just got quoted 169 sentra blue tooth and backup cam nothing down
From?

Offline Excalibur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: October 26, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
shloimy hammer

Offline ejb123

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 27, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
Typically what you have left to pay is totally in line with what the car is worth.

Not always. The leasing company (usually affiliated with the car company) owns the care and takes the risk on the residual value of the car at the end of the lease period. In some cases the car is worth more than the buyout price and in other cases it is worth less and the leasing company absorbs the loss. However, in a situation where the car is totaled during the lease term, the value of the car is zero and your insurance will only cover your remaining lease payments and you won't be able to take advantage of a situation where the car is worth more than the buyout price.

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 03, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »
So it is the beginning of the month!
What are this months deals?

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 05, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »
So it is the beginning of the month!
What are this months deals?
Camry SE (Leather,Spoiler, Alloy Wheels..) $175 incl. NJ Tax
PM for details

Offline zandray35

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, National Executive, SPG Gold, united gold, AA platinum
« Reply #1759 on: November 05, 2015, 11:20:33 PM »
I want to lease out east and truck the car to the midwest, anyone know a cheap car transport?