Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1063331 times)

Offline AROCKS1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #2120 on: March 30, 2016, 09:26:01 AM »
The leasing companies I deal with give me the exact amount of the monthly payments whenever I ask for a quote and it's always with the standard $1395 down, which they always mention anyways.
I had the same and a very good experience, with plaza

OP is talking about their advertisements which does not include taxes or fees

FTFY but you are correct, my point is that service may be impecible- but the advertisments not so much

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2121 on: March 30, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »

FTFY but you are correct, my point is that service may be impecible- but the advertisments not so much
I also personally never liked the way they advertised. It's like one time I received a *special* offer from Honda for $99 a month so I called them and asked them how much down they said  $5000...

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 30, 2016, 11:02:08 AM »
I also personally never liked the way they advertised. It's like one time I received a *special* offer from Honda for $99 a month so I called them and asked them how much down they said  $5000...
The frum leasing places don't do that though, at least not that I've seen. The only real difference between Plaza (and probably some others) and places like Leasing Direct is rolling in tax in the advertised price. Obviously that can still be a hassle when shopping around, but it's not as extreme as those $5k down advertisements.

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 30, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
The frum leasing places don't do that though, at least not that I've seen. The only real difference between Plaza (and probably some others) and places like Leasing Direct is rolling in tax in the advertised price. Obviously that can still be a hassle when shopping around, but it's not as extreme as those $5k down advertisements.

Agreed! I appreciate when other companies roll in the tax, and its even better when its coming from a company based in Lakewood where the fees are "regulated" at $1395.  But when places like plaza don't publish tax cost OR their fees, I just disregard the ad..

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 30, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »
Agreed! I appreciate when other companies roll in the tax, and its even better when its coming from a company based in Lakewood where the fees are "regulated" at $1395.  But when places like plaza don't publish tax cost OR their fees, I just disregard the ad..
Pretty sure the fees are standard with all these places, so it's really just the tax. It's not like plaza never has the best price, so it's kind of silly to ignore them completely.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #2125 on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
anyone know the deal with nissan If I can swap my car in early for a new nissan (im 25 months into my 36 month lease)
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
Pretty sure the fees are standard with all these places, so it's really just the tax. It's not like plaza never has the best price, so it's kind of silly to ignore them completely.

When I was shopping around a few months ago, they all seemed to have different fees, but maybe its changed recently. I wouldn't disregard them completely, they just wouldn't be the first person I would call based on their ad.

Offline Venilla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Mothering
« Reply #2127 on: March 30, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »
It's not like plaza never has the best price, so it's kind of silly to ignore them completely.
I completely ignore the Plaza ads. I'm not gonna call them up every week to see if their special is a real special... I'm not missing out anything, if they have some crazy special their competitors will have it too...
I like vanilla but my name is Venilla.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #2128 on: March 30, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
I completely ignore the Plaza ads. I'm not gonna call them up every week to see if their special is a real special... I'm not missing out anything, if they have some crazy special their competitors will have it too...
+1
generally when Honda puts out a new 'buyer's incentive' sale, then it goes to all their dealers. Sometimes they all have great deals and we just want/don't want a particular color for the 3-year lease. (i.e. not white or red) so that's sometimes the determining factor.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 30, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
anyone know the deal with nissan If I can swap my car in early for a new nissan (im 25 months into my 36 month lease)
Last time I checked this (wanted to get a new lease around 6 months early), they said the "pull-ahead" program was 2 payments. But my impression was that this changes frequently, so check with some lease places.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: March 30, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »
Call them up every week? Are you constantly looking for leases? Either way, there will be scenarios where they either have a slightly better bottom line, or have the specific car you want (as CS1 pointed out). You're cutting your nose to spite your face if you 'boycott' them completely just because of their advertising practices.

Offline Venilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:16 PM »
It depends how much your car is worth now. How many miles, cosmetic condition, etc.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 30, 2016, 12:33:13 PM »
It depends how much your car is worth now. How many miles, cosmetic condition, etc.
And very importantly, what the buyout price is. My lease was well under mileage, but even in perfect condition it was worth less than the buyout price, because of the way they structured the residual on the lease to begin with.

Offline Venilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 30, 2016, 12:35:42 PM »
A.Call them up every week? Are you constantly looking for leases?

B.Either way, there will be scenarios where they either have a slightly better bottom line, or have the specific car you want (as CS1 pointed out). You're cutting your nose to spite your face if you 'boycott' them completely just because of their advertising practices.
A. I'm not constantly looking for a car but I watch the ads 2-3 months before my lease is over so between 2 cars it's 24 weeks in 2-3 years...

B. With so many leasing companies out there (yes, they pop like mushrooms, every other week you can see a new leasing company :)  ) I've never had a problem getting the exact car/color I wanted...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:38:49 PM by Venilla »

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 30, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »
A. I'm not constantly looking for a car but I watch the ads 2-3 months before my lease is over so between 2 cars it's 24 weeks in 2-3 years...

B. With so many leasing companies out there (yes, they pop like mushrooms, every other week you can see a new leasing company :)  ) I've never had a problem getting the exact car/color I wanted...
leasing companies dont stock cards it all depends on the dealers and ther are only so many in the tri state.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 30, 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
leasing companies dont stock cards it all depends on the dealers and ther are only so many in the tri state.
+1. Obviously one leasing company might have access (or better access) to dealers another doesn't, but Plaza is a dealer as well, and they have their own inventory.

Offline Venilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 30, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
+1. Obviously one leasing company might have access (or better access) to dealers another doesn't, but Plaza is a dealer as well, and they have their own inventory.
These guys get cars from dealers as far as Boston, Kingston etc. I'd say between all the leasing companies there's at least 30-40 dealerships (from each car maker) I can get connected to... I don't think #41 will make the difference... (Please don't jump on me with exact numbers and that it's only 29... :) )

Either way, as I said, I've never had a problem getting the car/color I wanted so for now I press the ignore button on PAL... If I'll ever run in to a problem I might recon my decision.

Offline dealvr

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA ExPlat, Qantas Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #2137 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »
Anyone use Platinum Auto Lease before?
Anyone deal with them recently?  They are not being very responsive and I am wondering if it is just me.
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.

Offline HowYaDoin

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 30, 2016, 04:10:05 PM »
Anyone deal with them recently?  They are not being very responsive and I am wondering if it is just me.
They are a pain in the butt to get on the phone but do come through on their offers try sales@platinumautolease.com

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 30, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
I"m looking to buyout a lease on a minivan.
Please PM.