Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1036440 times)

Offline johnshek

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #3300 on: February 05, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
Just to chime in here with my honcker experience(s). Honcker is really just a listing agency. This means the dealers submit their inventory along with a price that they will agree to lease the vehicle at. Honcker takes a very small cut, less than your typical broker.
    Honcker's main goal is to create a broader leasing platform which will bring in multiple streams of revenue from advertising and the like. Think autotrader, motortrend, edmunds, etc. They hope to do this by streamlining the leasing process both for the dealer and the customer.
     For the customer their app presents a clean, easy to use interface with easy navigation and clear numbers on the leases. Most important, they present to the customer a pre-negotiated figure, which is generally lower than prices advertised at your local lease company, and far better than the starting point at the dealership.
      The dealers also benefit from having access to a large customer base, which otherwise may never have come across their dealership, or even be completely out of their locale. Having a customer agree on  a price beforehand also takes a lot of the hassle of negotiations out of the equation. This is especially true when dealing with a customer who would see through their "advertised specials", and would only be a buyer at a lower price point.
    There are obviously a range of pros and cons with honcker(as with any other method). Most significantly, because it's actually the dealer you are leasing from and not honcker, there is always still room for the dealer to play games. If you get a dealer who wants to make things difficult there isn't much honcker can do for you. They are a listing agency not a lease company. Case in point -my personal experience. After selecting a particularly great deal on a lease, the dealer attempted to switch the vehicle from a 2018 model to a 2017 model(!), claiming the original price was for a loaner vehicle that "slipped" into their listings on honcker. I called honcker customer service and quickly cancelled the lease.
   Which brings me to the next point. The agreement to lease on honcker is not a binding contract. Agreeing to the price and submitting for the lease is just preliminary. Until you sign all the paperwork from the dealer, you can say no at any time. (I haven't researched the credit check they run and the consequences adequately.)
 A few days later I found another deal on honcker which was still about 10$ cheaper a month than the local dealers were willing to go. I submitted, and was approved for it. This time it was very smooth, I chose to go down to the dealership as I had trade in that I wanted to negotiate as well. The lease process went very smoothly, and they gave me significantly more for my trade in than I thought I would get (I had shopped it around for a few months).
   In summary honcker is a listing agency not a leasing company. The prices are negotiations  from the dealership not honcker. The deals are not set in stone in either direction. It's possible to negotiate a bit more if you found a better deal elsewhere, also still possible to get some dealer run-around. I know there are many other factors, many of which have been previously mentioned. My intent here is just to give some background information on what honcker's makeup and structure  really is, to give a better understanding of their leasing process.

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 05, 2018, 09:42:52 PM »
Good for you by not taking the 17 and cancelling the lease!  They count on people not bothering

Offline mnkyz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 07, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
Who has the best deals on volvo s90 or Toyota avalon now?

Offline dfarzan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 10, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »
Found this on leasehackr;
2017 BMW i3 REX 12k/24 mths. One Pay $1303 or 54.29/mth
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2017-bmw-i3-rex-12k-24-mths-one-pay-1303-or-54-29-mth-nj-ny/31788

Anybody able to replicate this deal for me in MD? Would be willing to compensate for your time and effort.

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 10, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »
Found this on leasehackr;
2017 BMW i3 REX 12k/24 mths. One Pay $1303 or 54.29/mth
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2017-bmw-i3-rex-12k-24-mths-one-pay-1303-or-54-29-mth-nj-ny/31788

Anybody able to replicate this deal for me in MD? Would be willing to compensate for your time and effort.

The rebate on that deal was in NJ state and is not available in any state and you have to find the right dealer to work with you. Basically a unicorn of a deal.
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #3305 on: February 10, 2018, 11:41:26 PM »
The rebate on that deal was in NJ state and is not available in any state and you have to find the right dealer to work with you. Basically a unicorn of a deal.
No way to capitalize on the deal?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 10, 2018, 11:45:52 PM »
No way to capitalize on the deal?
I'm not saying you can't, all I'm saying is you have to do alot of research, find the right dealer that has the right car in stock  that has the right MSRP and preferably an executive demo and is willing to discount from the MSRP and be eligible for all of the rebates. Basically there is a lot of strategy involved.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #3307 on: February 10, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »
I'm not saying you can't, all I'm saying is you have to do alot of research, find the right dealer that has the right car in stock  that has the right MSRP and preferably an executive demo and is willing to discount from the MSRP and be eligible for all of the rebates. Basically there is a lot of strategy involved.
Not for me I guess. What's the potential outcome? Can't be worth it to have a dealer deal with it, and pay him more?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Myccrabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 11, 2018, 12:38:33 AM »
Not for me I guess. What's the potential outcome? Can't be worth it to have a dealer deal with it, and pay him more?
You mean a broker?
Maybe it is.
Though you have to find the brokers that would be willing to work with you as opposed to most of them that don't like to negotiate more then what they already negotiated...

There are guys in the lease hacker forum that work as freelancers doing car negotiations.(with a nominal fee of a few hundred dollars)

Offline travel-ing

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 15, 2018, 04:38:30 PM »
Anyone use road master?

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #3310 on: February 26, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
Honcker is getting bigger...

Honcker raises at least $15M from IAC as it takes on the car-leasing-on-demand market

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/22/honcker-raises-at-least-15m-from-iac-as-it-takes-on-the-car-leasing-on-demand-market/

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #3311 on: February 26, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
anyone have any experience with the Hyundai Elantra?
#TYH

Offline MidwestJoe

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 26, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »
I always used a local guy for leasing. I happen to Fords, and the local guys pricing is never that great with Fords (Toyotas, Honda and Nissan's are more popular, so they have better relationships with hose dealers).  So I gave Honcker a shot.

I filled out all the info, gave them my SS etc. and waited, A day later, didn't hear anything from them, so I e-mailed them. They e-mailed back that the car is no longer available. I figured i would give it another shot, especially since I already submitted my info, and now I see that there are currently NO FORDS listed on Honcker at all. Strange I wonder if Ford put some measure in place to keep dealers from selling through Honcker.

Offline not a robot

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 04, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »
Hello, Any good deals on a car lease, under $150 a month, 15k - 18k miles per year?

Offline yoohoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 04, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »
Hello, Any good deals on a car lease, under $150 a month, 15k - 18k miles per year?
sentra

Offline not a robot

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: March 04, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 05, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »
Any good deals on a suv now?

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 05, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
sentra

This car doesnt work when there is snow on the ground:)

Offline not a robot

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 05, 2018, 06:52:35 PM »
Any other suggestions ?

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 07, 2018, 11:16:31 PM »
nor do many cars that are not 4wd
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle