Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1036737 times)

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #4060 on: August 07, 2020, 10:55:07 AM »
I had towing claim come up with Liberty Mutual after using Liberty Mutual Roadside.

I believe though that Geico Roadside isn’t reported or considered a claim.

Any DP which Companies consider Roadside Benefits a claim and get reported, and additionally which companies consider these things as actual claims?

(My gut feeling is that each company only counts their own Roadside dispatches as a claim)
  Car Insurance Thread

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 07, 2020, 11:40:53 AM »
Their prices beat the others by far. Their communication can use improvement. The car looks nice. Just curious what those dates are about...
Also the lease is through Teachers FCU. One of the other brokers claimed to me -after the fact- that they’re a disaster...no idea if that’s correct or not
not sure what he is referring to when he says fcu is a disaster. My current lease is through them, and bh no issues. now he might mean post lease, when returning the car, and that i cannot answer yet.

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 07, 2020, 05:45:32 PM »
Damage waiver covered for me but ymmv.
For Toyota?

Offline greatdeals

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 09, 2020, 01:32:48 AM »
what's the best price for an 8 seater minivan?

Offline danfan5773

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 09, 2020, 02:29:49 AM »
Damage waiver covered for me but ymmv.
My experience with Toyota is that if you have the damage waiver from Toyota financial they don’t cover the key if it’s push start model due to the fact that these keys go for $375 and anything over $200 charge missing isn’t covered

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: August 09, 2020, 02:45:46 AM »
Why does anyone buy or finance is what I've always wondered.

1 - They want to live within their means, and understand that having a new car every 2-3 years is a luxury that they don't need/can't afford.

2 - They can do math.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 09, 2020, 03:10:46 AM »
Their prices beat the others by far. Their communication can use improvement. The car looks nice. Just curious what those dates are about...
Also the lease is through Teachers FCU. One of the other brokers claimed to me -after the fact- that they’re a disaster...no idea if that’s correct or not

I'm assuming you know to speak to competent LOR before taking loan or mortgage or lease through a credit union (or about how to proceed once you already did). There can be serious ribbis issues. A lot of people aren't aware.

Online thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 09, 2020, 03:49:32 AM »
1 - They want to live within their means, and understand that having a new car every 2-3 years is a luxury that they don't need/can't afford.

2 - They can do math.
You read the rest of my post, right?

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 09, 2020, 08:41:00 AM »

2 - They can't do math.
FTFY
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 09, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »
For Toyota?
Yes. but was told by my leasing company that ymmv. Worked out for me. Was Toyota Financial waiver not a third party.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 09, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »
You read the rest of my post, right?

Yes. We're you looking to buy a pickup truck or did you get it because it was a "deal"?

FTFY

Please share your math
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:04:19 AM by zh cohen »

Online thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 09, 2020, 11:20:02 AM »
Yes. We're you looking to buy a pickup truck or did you get it because it was a "deal"?

Please share your math
Was looking to buy a truck, although I don't see the relevance.
I'm paying less than you would for any mid size or higher car, with the power of a truck and the backseat space of a S class Mercedes.
As I said, if you plan on keeping your cars for 5 years it's a different story. If you get a new car every few years leasing makes more sense, particularly when you factor in that my lease is almost entirely paid for by the money I made when I bought out and sold my last lease (15-30 minutes with vroom)

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 09, 2020, 11:24:02 AM »
I'm paying less than you would for any mid size or higher car, with the power of a truck and the backseat space of a S class Mercedes.
As I said, if you plan on keeping your cars for 5 years it's a different story. If you get a new car every few years leasing makes more sense, particularly when you factor in that my lease is almost entirely paid for by the money I made when I bought out and sold my last lease (15-30 minutes with vroom)

A lot of people would pay more to lease an Elantra than they would to lease a Tundra. That's just how people work. They like fitting in (both figuratively and literally). Not everyone would be willing to drive a truck.

Online thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 09, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
A lot of people would pay more to lease an Elantra than they would to lease a Tundra. That's just how people work. They like fitting in (both figuratively and literally). Not everyone would be willing to drive a truck.
I did the same with two odysseys an accord and a dodge charger to date. The choice of car is irrelevant, I was just answering his question.
PS, I live OOT

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 09, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »

It makes a difference if you were buying more car (and paying for more gas) than you would otherwise have. The math is pretty simple. When you lease you pay for the depreciation, about 6% interest and whatever the leasing company charges. When you buy you save on the interest rate and cut out the leasing company.

Really my second point is really an extension of my first. Those who can do math understand that people who are struggling to make ends meet, and certainly are not saving for their future, can't afford a new car every 2-3 years. All leasing does is hide that and make them think it makes sense. The leasing trend is as much responsible for the financial struggles of frum families as tuition and simchas.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 09, 2020, 01:07:41 PM »
A 35,000 mile 2017 camry (out of lease) can cost you 13k if you buy from the right dealer. Monthly payments on that for a 5 year finance is $234. According to current depreciation for Camry's your car should be able to be sold 5 years later with 85k miles for $8k. That brings your actual cost per month to $100! This is a very good option for a middle class family.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 09, 2020, 01:17:59 PM »
I did the same with two odysseys an accord and a dodge charger to date. The choice of car is irrelevant, I was just answering his question.

Did you buy them all out at the end? If not, did you have to pay at the end for extra miles or damage?

Online thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 09, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »

It makes a difference if you were buying more car (and paying for more gas) than you would otherwise have. The math is pretty simple. When you lease you pay for the depreciation, about 6% interest and whatever the leasing company charges. When you buy you save on the interest rate and cut out the leasing company.

Really my second point is really an extension of my first. Those who can do math understand that people who are struggling to make ends meet, and certainly are not saving for their future, can't afford a new car every 2-3 years. All leasing does is hide that and make them think it makes sense. The leasing trend is as much responsible for the financial struggles of frum families as tuition and simchas.
People who can't afford it shouldn't do it. All I said is that if you're going to get a new car every 5 years it makes financial sense, and if you play your cards right as I have many times, you can pay for a good chunk of your next car with the proceeds of the first.
Even for the people you're talking about, comparing a $3,000 a year luxury to a $50,000 Simcha or $100,000 tuition bill is quite the straw man.

Online thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 09, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
Did you buy them all out at the end? If not, did you have to pay at the end for extra miles or damage?
Bought them all out. I don't do extra miles.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: August 09, 2020, 03:11:50 PM »
It's wrong to make a broad statement everyone should do such-and-such.
Every case is different.
The cost of my van out of lease was much more than the going rate for similar vans.
but, one thing I could say is, I now left the leasing camp and entered the buy-a-used camp.