Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1035870 times)

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #4120 on: August 18, 2020, 02:48:12 AM »
“Up to $50 per service event, maximum four service events per year”

I’ve used it many times for both tire changes and towing and never had to pay anything extra.
Being capped out at $50 is not considered insurance. I just learned the hard way and paid $200. Chase reps are also clueless. They first rep told me I won’t need to pay and then after an hour I got a call that I would need to pay $200. Long story.. (I would have signed up for AAA on the spot and paid the expedited fee $75 plus a year of membership for $56 and would have come out ahead.) 

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: August 18, 2020, 02:49:30 AM »
I’m living in 11230 but one block over is my parents house in 11223. They have a Honda & I want to get a Honda lease so I’d get loyalty if it’s registered to their house. Any issues with doing that? My license & many other legal things are still my parents address & my wife is still her parents address.
What benefits do you get with Honda loyalty ?

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: August 18, 2020, 03:19:09 AM »

I’m living in 11230 but one block over is my parents house in 11223. They have a Honda & I want to get a Honda lease so I’d get loyalty if it’s registered to their house. Any issues with doing that? My license & many other legal things are still my parents address & my wife is still her parents address.

I don't see why not.

What benefits do you get with Honda loyalty ?

$1000 off

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: August 18, 2020, 07:17:27 AM »
$1000 off
You get that same for switching over to Honda from most other companies, it's a scam
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: August 18, 2020, 10:38:51 AM »
Got a lease, and there are a few small stains on the seats. Reached out to the dealer, what should I expect?
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline YankyDoodle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4125 on: August 18, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
Being capped out at $50 is not considered insurance. I just learned the hard way and paid $200. Chase reps are also clueless. They first rep told me I won’t need to pay and then after an hour I got a call that I would need to pay $200. Long story.. (I would have signed up for AAA on the spot and paid the expedited fee $75 plus a year of membership for $56 and would have come out ahead.)

Agreed and never said it was insurance, but I’ve never had a situation that cost more than that and hard to imagine too many scenarios where it would be necessary for me at least.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: August 18, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »
You get that same for switching over to Honda from most other companies, it's a scam

You cannot get this promo without Honda loyalty
Got a lease, and there are a few small stains on the seats. Reached out to the dealer, what should I expect?
I'm assuming they'll probably clean it for you

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: August 18, 2020, 01:32:22 PM »
Just got an odyssey from rodo. Thanks to @~King Lake~ for his help! rodo came out almost $20 less then everywhere else. (Yes, as mentioned here there is a stop sale on odysseys but apparently this one was fixed and thus eligible for sale again)

And I sold my old lease to ALGO for a net profit of $1948. I didn't have to fix the scratches or anything else that a lease return inspection would find and I didn't have to pay a disposition fee and came out $1948 on top of that. Thanks to @thaber for his help!

It's times like this I'm grateful to @Dan and crew, without ddf I would not have explored rodo and I never would have dreamed of selling my lease and for a profit  :)
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: August 18, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »
Just got an odyssey from rodo. Thanks to @~King Lake~ for his help! rodo came out almost $20 less then everywhere else. (Yes, as mentioned here there is a stop sale on odysseys but apparently this one was fixed and thus eligible for sale again)

And I sold my old lease to ALGO for a net profit of $1948. I didn't have to fix the scratches or anything else that a lease return inspection would find and I didn't have to pay a disposition fee and came out $1948 on top of that. Thanks to @thaber for his help!

It's times like this I'm grateful to @Dan and crew, without ddf I would not have explored rodo and I never would have dreamed of selling my lease and for a profit  :)
Thanks for the mention, and to all guys out there on DDF, before you take a lease take a quick look on RODO for the cars you are looking for, they always have good deals and you might be lucky and see the car you're looking for!!

What I did I was looking on RODO for 3 months every few days until I found my great deal (Honda Pilot EX-L, $336 and $0 DAS!!, And it was Corona times and 2 heimishe dealers told me that there is no pilot's to be found!!)
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: August 18, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »

Thinking of doing the same. Algo shows me an offer around $3,000 more than my buyout. Realistically what would I get at the end? How does the taxes work for the buyout?

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: August 18, 2020, 02:55:52 PM »
Thinking of doing the same. Algo shows me an offer around $3,000 more than my buyout. Realistically what would I get at the end? How does the taxes work for the buyout?

There's no tax on a dealer buyout.

Algo charges a $75 fee (my take home of $1948 was after their $75 fee) to handle the paperwork which IMO is worth every darn penny. I tried selling to carvana which has no fee but I spent hours, literally about 6 hours just on hold, I kid you not, trying to get the 10 day payoff quote from toyota to them and after toyota claiming they faxed it twice and carvana saying they still didn't get it, I had enough. I found algo, went with them and never looked back, they take care of all the paperwork and it was such a breath of fresh air after hearing "your estimated hold time is greater then 30 minutes" time and time again.

After you do the virtual walk-around your quote will most probably be less (that's the word on the street) mine was less but I was expecting it to be because I had some nice sized scratches. Let us know how it goes.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: August 18, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »
There's no tax on a dealer buyout.

Algo charges a $75 fee (my take home of $1948 was after their $75 fee) to handle the paperwork which IMO is worth every darn penny. I tried selling to carvana which has no fee but I spent hours, literally about 6 hours just on hold, I kid you not, trying to get the 10 day payoff quote from toyota to them and after toyota claiming they faxed it twice and carvana saying they still didn't get it, I had enough. I found algo, went with them and never looked back, they take care of all the paperwork and it was such a breath of fresh air after hearing "your estimated hold time is greater then 30 minutes" time and time again.

After you do the virtual walk-around your quote will most probably be less (that's the word on the street) mine was less but I was expecting it to be because I had some nice sized scratches. Let us know how it goes.
So basically I get them to buy it straight from Toyota and I keep the difference?

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: August 18, 2020, 03:20:32 PM »
So basically I get them to buy it straight from Toyota and I keep the difference?

Correct.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: August 18, 2020, 03:25:31 PM »
Correct.
Thanks for your helpful idea and info. When I find another lease I hope to do it.

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: August 18, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »

I also just got a deal from rodo that was 20$ cheaper than anyone else (on a Hyundai). Two days later they had it another$20 cheaper, but what can I so
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline JuryDuty

• View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: August 18, 2020, 04:51:13 PM »
If u do use rodo, make sure to make an offer, they'll give u 5-10 dollars cheaper. A lot of times, a few hours after they make an offer, it'll go on sale even more. Not sure I fully understand the algorithms, but definitely worthwhile to see what u can get

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: August 18, 2020, 07:12:16 PM »
If u do use rodo, make sure to make an offer, they'll give u 5-10 dollars cheaper. A lot of times, a few hours after they make an offer, it'll go on sale even more. Not sure I fully understand the algorithms, but definitely worthwhile to see what u can get

But don't make my mistake. I was accustomed to the counter offer being ~$5 less then the advertised price. EG: If the monthly was $410 and I offered $400, the counteroffer was usually $405. So when a flash sale came for $400 I thought I could now get it for $395 because I would offer $390 and they would counter with $395 but I was wrong, they still countered with $405 which I didn't understand, how could they counter with a number higher then the going price? I chatted and asked and they said that sales are separate from offers, in other words you can't get it any lower then a sale price, offers only work on regular prices.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »
But don't make my mistake. I was accustomed to the counter offer being ~$5 less then the advertised price. EG: If the monthly was $410 and I offered $400, the counteroffer was usually $405. So when a flash sale came for $400 I thought I could now get it for $395 because I would offer $390 and they would counter with $395 but I was wrong, they still countered with $405 which I didn't understand, how could they counter with a number higher then the going price? I chatted and asked and they said that sales are separate from offers, in other words you can't get it any lower then a sale price, offers only work on regular prices.
-1 if you add it to your showroom it can get a few dollars cheaper even if its a sale price. but appreciate the info that you cant lower via offer..

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »
I'll reach out to them and tell you exactly what it costs...
what did it end up costing?

Online shmaltz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: August 18, 2020, 10:37:44 PM »
Bought them all out. I don't do extra miles.
Hats off to @thaber for the idea of selling out my lease to Algo! They’re offering me over $1000 above my buyout price of 9850 to Nissan. I never knew this before! Getting money back from a lease!