Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1052113 times)

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Car Lease Master Thread
« Reply #4440 on: November 19, 2020, 02:24:21 PM »
How do those cars work? What happens when I need to drive more than 170 miles?
You charge it at a Charging station

Offline sruly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: November 25, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
Is it a bad idea to buy out my Pacifica? The residual price is reasonable (not excellent), and I know the car as I was the only one that drove it.

My concern is that there isn't enough reliability data on the Pacifica, as it is a relatively new car design from 2017.
I just bought a off-lease pacifica that was comparable to mine for $4.5k less than my buyout.

Offline ~King Lake~

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: November 25, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
I just bought a off-lease pacifica that was comparable to mine for $4.5k less than my buyout.
I once asked a very busy mechanic on his experience with used minivans, he told me that sienna will have the longest life, a lot of people driving at 250k miles with no issues, odysse is a decent runner up, and the pacifica is the car he makes his parnasah from.. total piece of garbage beyond the first 30-50k miles, only a good option for a lease. He told me to stay away from a used pacifica. I didn't ask him on the sedona as it wasn't relevant at the time.
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: November 30, 2020, 09:49:44 AM »
I was quoted a monthly payment and mileage for a lease. When the broker showed up with the contract it was much higher and more months. I refused to sign. Couple weeks later I get a statement in the mail reflecting the same. I asked for a copy of the contract and apparently they used my signature from another document I signed. I never signed this contract . What recourse do I have?

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: November 30, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
I was quoted a monthly payment and mileage for a lease. When the broker showed up with the contract it was much higher and more months. I refused to sign. Couple weeks later I get a statement in the mail reflecting the same. I asked for a copy of the contract and apparently they used my signature from another document I signed. I never signed this contract . What recourse do I have?
Forgery is illegal.

Talk to a lawyer. AYLOR. File a police report. Sue them.

And you should’ve gotten rid of the car / dealt with this properly back in September.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: November 30, 2020, 10:22:51 AM »
Forgery is illegal.

Talk to a lawyer. AYLOR. File a police report. Sue them.

And you should’ve gotten rid of the car / dealt with this properly back in September.
he is a “frum” guy. Yes I should have . Naively believed he would just come back with the proper paperwork How can I prove  its forged, it’s my word against the signature...

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: November 30, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
he is a “frum” guy. Yes I should have . Naively believed he would just come back with the proper paperwork
I would say go to a lawyer and explain what happened and ask him for a letter stating what you could do and would do if he doesn't fix it in time, this should do the trick

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:20 AM »
he is a “frum” guy. Yes I should have . Naively believed he would just come back with the proper paperwork
That’s why I put AYLOR as the second step (once you know the legal side and where exactly you stand).

The suggestion from LOR may be to talk to the company manager / owner and inform them you are ready to take this to court unless they settle outside (lawyer should be involved in that conversation).

If the guy did it once, its possible it happens more often (and possibly others in the company / he received guidelines / instructions from management that it’s okay)) and it needs to be stopped.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: November 30, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »
That’s why I put AYLOR as the second step (once you know the legal side and where exactly you stand).

The suggestion from LOR may be to talk to the company manager / owner and inform them you are ready to take this to court unless they settle outside (lawyer should be involved in that conversation).

If the guy did it once, its possible it happens more often (and possibly others in the company / he received guidelines / instructions from management that it’s okay)) and it needs to be stopped.
he is the owner. And based on google maps reviews, it’s not his first time doing this...

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: November 30, 2020, 04:33:11 PM »
he is the owner. And based on google maps reviews, it’s not his first time doing this...
Would you say the company name so now one else falls in?

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: November 30, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »
Would you say the company name so now one else falls in?
if I’m allowed to

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: November 30, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
if I’m allowed to
Location of company? Please don't tell me Lakewood?

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:16 PM »
Did you not pick up the car at all? Why are you getting a bill?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline zevi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: November 30, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: November 30, 2020, 06:34:34 PM »
Did you not pick up the car at all? Why are you getting a bill?
Beginning of the story:
I don’t even know what my question is because it’s so bizarre. So I got a lease through a local broker and he promised a certain monthly payment. When it came to singing the contract I notice me a higher payment and it was higher so I refused to sign the contract. He said ok I’ll change it and get it back to you but keep the car in the meantime. I still have the car two weeks later. I called the dealership and they said deal with the broker. Called the broker and he said he is resolving the issue. Still have the car and racking up the miles but still no contract.

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: November 30, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

I had a similar story with a leasing company out of Lakewood.

They were being very nice and all. They made lots of promises. At the last minute I realized they changed the terms without telling me. When I pointed it out to them, they told me the vehicle was already on the way, being delivered an it's too late. I told them I would not accept delivery because they changed the terms. They threatened to take to Beis Din if I backed out.

I did not accept the delivery. Until car is delivered you are legally not bound. They did not take me to Beis Din because they would have lost.

Unfortunately, not all frum businesses are honest. And when they aren't, things get very sticky. Bring that you can't go to court, they know customer has very little leverage.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: December 01, 2020, 04:18:34 PM »

Can you elaborate on this story a bit more and give more background information? Did you take the car?

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: December 01, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »
Can you elaborate on this story a bit more and give more background information? Did you take the car?
yes I kept the car. The broker said he would fix the contract by Monday. Than he said he’s resolving the issue. Than I started receiving the statements. Than I called the bank and they emailed me a copy of the contract with my signature. Apparently they copied my signature off the lemon law paper I signed.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: December 01, 2020, 04:46:43 PM »
yes I kept the car. The broker said he would fix the contract by Monday. Than he said he’s resolving the issue. Than I started receiving the statements. Than I called the bank and they emailed me a copy of the contract with my signature. Apparently they copied my signature off the lemon law paper I signed.

If they copied your signature, it's easily identifiable by an expert.

The broker committed fraud. You obviously should not have taken the vehicle until the broker "fixed it", but you can still press charges. Depending on how much extra you are paying vs the original agreement, it's your decision to make whether you are comfortable pressing charges. At the very least, you should take him to a din torah and demand that he reimburse you for the added charges that you will incur over the course of the entire lease. Sometimes merely threatening to do it can work as well.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: December 01, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
If they copied your signature, it's easily identifiable by an expert.

The broker committed fraud. You obviously should not have taken the vehicle until the broker "fixed it", but you can still press charges. Depending on how much extra you are paying vs the original agreement, it's your decision to make whether you are comfortable pressing charges. At the very least, you should take him to a din torah and demand that he reimburse you for the added charges that you will incur over the course of the entire lease. Sometimes merely threatening to do it can work as well.
it’s prob a copy, paste job so not really sure how that can be proved. The difference is higher monthly payment, longer lease term and lower monthly mileage 😊