Topic Wiki

Leasing Direct: Official DDMS leasing advertiser, highly recommended. http://www.leasingdirectny.com/

Call: 718-493-0600

Typical Due at signing
$1395 in Lakewood.

MOST LEASES DONT REQUIRE A DOWN PAYMENT, NOT TO BE CONFUSED FOR $ D.A.S.

Reputable Leasing companies:

Swift Autos:     https://swiftautos.net in NY, NJ. 845-293-2888. sruli@swiftautos.net (sruli1234)
Leasing Depot: https://www.leasingdepot.com/ in NY (Crown Heights) very nice and accommodating, great service
Bianchi Honda: http://www.bianchihonda.com/ in PA Great prices, huge selection, and service (CS1)
Driveway Leasing: https://www.drivewayleasing.com/ in NY-NJ (718) 813-3000 ask for Hershy, He'll go above and beyond to satisfy you.

BrightLife Auto Group (Formaly iLeaseAuto) - Passaic, NJ Great Prices and Service (973) 800-8928 Ask for Mayer (MosheD)
The AutoPal Leasing -North Miami Beach, FL -services the entire South Florida Area (786) 303-8457 Ask for Yossi
« Last edited by yossi4k on November 30, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »

Author Topic: Car Lease Master Thread  (Read 1035866 times)

Offline al613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheap car lease
« Reply #360 on: December 25, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »
I know a lot about airlines/hotels but almost nothing about car buying/ leases. Can someone help to explain to me what is better? I plan to use the car for years to come and I know that Rebbe advises to buy a brand new car from a previous year. i care very little about brand/model etc. It seems with 0-1.9% it might be a good deal (still too high for me if I choose a bigger car). Lease, if its true @ $135-150 a month seems a better deal (like 50% off, but you don't keep the car). Is there something I miss here? Is there a big payment up front? Very restricted terms that is easy to violate? Any pointers?

Offline Twin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 25, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »
I know a lot about airlines/hotels but almost nothing about car buying/ leases. Can someone help to explain to me what is better? I plan to use the car for years to come and I know that Rebbe advises to buy a brand new car from a previous year. i care very little about brand/model etc. It seems with 0-1.9% it might be a good deal (still too high for me if I choose a bigger car). Lease, if its true @ $135-150 a month seems a better deal (like 50% off, but you don't keep the car). Is there something I miss here? Is there a big payment up front? Very restricted terms that is easy to violate? Any pointers?
It comes out to around $177 a month plus the $1400 due at signing. You don't get unlimited miles and you don't walk out with anything after you give them $8-10k

Offline al613

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 25, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
It comes out to around $177 a month plus the $1400 due at signing. You don't get unlimited miles and you don't walk out with anything after you give them $8-10k
i see. So buying, if you can afford it, is always a better deal, right?

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
i see. So buying, if you can afford it, is always a better deal, right?
don't look at leasing as being cheaper. Yes buying is a better deal. Also if you get a 3 year old car and buy a warranty u can get even better value

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 25, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
don't look at leasing as being cheaper. Yes buying is a better deal. Also if you get a 3 year old car and buy a warranty u can get even better value
I hate when people make blanket statements like that. There are so many situations where each type of car 'purchase' makes the most sense.

The bottom line for you, al, is that if you think you'd be using the car you're looking at now long term, and you can afford to either buy outright or afford the higher (than lease) monthly payments that come with financing, it's more likely that buying is the best option for you.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »
I hate when people make blanket statements like that. There are so many situations where each type of car 'purchase' makes the most sense.

The bottom line for you, al, is that if you think you'd be using the car you're looking at now long term, and you can afford to either buy outright or afford the higher (than lease) monthly payments that come with financing, it's more likely that buying is the best option for you.
slow it down big guy. I was talking to Al not making blanket statements. Either way this has all been discussed either up in this thread or elsewhere..

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 25, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
slow it down big guy. I was talking to Al not making blanket statements. Either way this has all been discussed either up in this thread or elsewhere..
I realize that, and my comment still applies, though I don't mean to sound hostile or anything. The difference between what I said and what you said is primarily in that you make it sound like in his situation (and he didn't give all that much info) it's always a better deal to buy. I'm saying that even in his situation, that may be true much of the time, but it really depends on the specific deals he's looking at, and sometimes buying is not better.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 25, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
I realize that, and my comment still applies, though I don't mean to sound hostile or anything. The difference between what I said and what you said is primarily in that you make it sound like in his situation (and he didn't give all that much info) it's always a better deal to buy. I'm saying that even in his situation, that may be true much of the time, but it really depends on the specific deals he's looking at, and sometimes buying is not better.
you are right. It felt a bit hostile hence my reply. :) no worries. Just saw ur post in the lease vs buy thread and I see you're heads on right;)

Offline schneury

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 25, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
When you see a store advertisement,  you know that there's going to be 3.5%-9% sales tax (based on where you live)

When the tax rate  is 25%,  it should be specified.  I don't think it's expected for people to be aware of that.

+

and when the ticket to israel is only $399 but there is another $500 in taxes do you expect the advertisement to include the taxes?

Offline al613

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
What do you think about buying used car with this? http://www.mywarrantyforever.com/Home.aspx

Offline Medic97

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
What do you think about buying used car with this? http://www.mywarrantyforever.com/Home.aspx
I spent $1500 on an after market warranty when i got my car. When it came time to fix my tranny there was no one to talk too, they gave some lame excuse and wouldnt cover it. Most go out of business so you lose everything anyways. I was told by a friend who used to sell cars to only get deal warranties and to always buy new vs used. He said you have no idea the BS used car salesman tell you to get you to buy the car.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
I spent $1500 on an after market warranty when i got my car. When it came time to fix my tranny there was no one to talk too, they gave some lame excuse and wouldnt cover it. Most go out of business so you lose everything anyways. I was told by a friend who used to sell cars to only get deal warranties and to always buy new vs used. He said you have no idea the BS used car salesman tell you to get you to buy the car.

First rule of buying used is always bring it to your mechanic that you trust, no matter who is selling it to you. Obviously nothing is foolproof, you can buy a car that your mechanic says looks great and still have problems. But a good, trustworthy mechanic will help you avoid the majority of duds.

Offline Medic97

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »
First rule of buying used is always bring it to your mechanic that you trust, no matter who is selling it to you. Obviously nothing is foolproof, you can buy a car that your mechanic says looks great and still have problems. But a good, trustworthy mechanic will help you avoid the majority of duds.
BH I lucked out on the car it was only about 3 years old when I got it and BH I have it for over 6 years already. Its the warranty I was stupid about.

Offline al613

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
BH I lucked out on the car it was only about 3 years old when I got it and BH I have it for over 6 years already. Its the warranty I was stupid about.
Thank you everyone. just one note, this warranty is not sold as an extra. it comes for free with any car under 100k from 1 brand new dealership in my area. Obviously, if you are after this warranty, you cannot shop around.

Offline rangersin4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: -CLASSIFIED-
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Forumites,
I'm looking for a $200/month range AWD SUV like a Toyota Rav4. 24 or 36mos. and can be a stripped down model.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Offline pharmdear

• View Profile
    • Dr chulent's blog
  • Programs: HHonors Diamond
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2014, 09:37:04 PM »
I have a Nissan rouge loaded. I pay 280/month all in. From plaza leasing
Forumites,
I'm looking for a $200/month range AWD SUV like a Toyota Rav4. 24 or 36mos. and can be a stripped down model.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Offline M

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2014, 10:43:45 PM »
How do you like your Nissan Rogue?

Offline rangersin4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2014, 11:34:40 PM »
I have a Nissan rouge loaded. I pay 280/month all in. From plaza leasing
I was looking for something closer to 200.
Most of what I'm seeing is in 250 range.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:28 PM »
How low is the crv?

Offline rangersin4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »
How low is the crv?
CRV LX is now 261.
It was 205 a month ago but I would love to get that type of deal now.