Author Topic: CBS Travels  (Read 16832 times)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: CBS Travels
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 01:29:11 AM »
I have never seen such a cool, large, and thick snake. I think I want to add South Africa on my future destination list.
U got to be lucky to see all the animals. We spoke to south africaans that have been there around 5 times and havent seen the big 5
we were very lucky

here are a some shots of cape town.

1. Sunset (not touched) on top of table top

2. On the scenic Drive

3. On top of Lions Head

4. View of Camps Bay from Lions head

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
Nice. You're not scared of heights, are you ?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
Nice. You're not scared of heights, are you ?
apparently not :)
ive done bungee 500 feet twice and skydive 13k feet.
this was a piece of cake

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
Awesome stuff!!! Looks amazing !
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »
Um, how do you make sure that the lions don't eat you?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 10:17:18 AM »
Throw them a nice big slab of juicy meat.

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »

Lol. I would be pretty spooked out myself.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »
You stay in your car with the windows and doors shuts at all times.

If you stick your head out the window , you never know if an animal will jump out of the bushes and attack you as they are camouflaged

1. here are ppl disobeying the laws.

2.  line of cars waiting to see the Male Lions eating their Hunt.

3. if these beasts come near your car either stand still or run for your life. - dont piss them off or theyll step on your car

4. the huts we stayed in .

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
I recommend taking the night and early morning safari tour (costs a bit) becuase there are animals you wont see in middle of the day . - we saw the cheeta and hyaenas  in the morning.

At night we saw some owls, but other ppl see other things .   

Offline joey123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: Modern Mashgiach at Chovevei (YCT) #ResidentMashgiach
  • Programs: Daven for the Chayalim #IStandWithIsrael
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »
Btw, great job on the photography. Well done.
To the nOObs out there, feel free to PM with q's. #AlwaysTakesTheHighRoad #LovesHashTags

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »
Awesomeness in its purest form!

We were thinking of visiting South Africa next winter, but we're a bit worried about the safety situation there. From your report it seems like if you have your head on straight there's nothing to worry about. Is that the case in both CPT and JNB? Also, we don't have any relatives there, so we would be staying in hotels. Are they generally guarded as well?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
Awesomeness in its purest form!

We were thinking of visiting South Africa next winter, but we're a bit worried about the safety situation there. From your report it seems like if you have your head on straight there's nothing to worry about. Is that the case in both CPT and JNB? Also, we don't have any relatives there, so we would be staying in hotels. Are they generally guarded as well?
CPT is defiantly safe, not many houses are guarded there. we rented a big apt with parking and it was nice, and when driving there its secure.

JNB is diff. - almost all houses have walls and gates guarding their house. - when driving you dont see houses, but a bunch of big walls.
at my relatives house they have a bunch of doors in their house and they lock each one at night to kind of block off diff parts of the house, and 2 security systems. (i tripped an alarm once and security was there within 2-3 min)

i think we were a little more paranoid then supposed to be becuase of what ppl said , but just make sure u know where ur driving and make sure ur not being followed .

Im guessing hotels, are fine. many ppl go there for business.

Offline Joe4007

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »
CPT is defiantly safe, not many houses are guarded there. we rented a big apt with parking and it was nice, and when driving there its secure.

JNB is diff. - almost all houses have walls and gates guarding their house. - when driving you dont see houses, but a bunch of big walls.
at my relatives house they have a bunch of doors in their house and they lock each one at night to kind of block off diff parts of the house, and 2 security systems. (i tripped an alarm once and security was there within 2-3 min)

i think we were a little more paranoid then supposed to be becuase of what ppl said , but just make sure u know where ur driving and make sure ur not being followed .

Im guessing hotels, are fine. many ppl go there for business.
How do I make sure I'm not being followed?... Do I need to study the Fast and Furious series?  :)

How about the camps in Kruger, Did you feel safe there?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »
Lol.

Kruger camps are safe. Everyone there is tourists. Local gangsters don't go there. It's a 4 hour drive from jnb

Offline Joe4007

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »
Lol.

Kruger camps are safe. Everyone there is tourists. Local gangsters don't go there. It's a 4 hour drive from jnb
Thanks man.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »
Make sure your travel-mate is slower... :P

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 01:21:35 AM »
Honeymoon   

I have a friend that got married in Thailand in end August , and we were thinking of going but then i said to myself, why of just to Thailand when I can make a full Honeymoon trip out of this , and go to the places i always dreamed of and haven’t been to yet despite my worldly travels.

This trip was my first one taking my wife overseas (not her first time in Business) but I don’t think she’ll ever agree to go economy after what we just had.

Maldives: - 4 Nights  - arrived Friday
Flew on mileage Cathay Business JFK-HKG -MLE. The Flight was nice and we slept a nice few hours although the seats aren’t so wide and foot rest is small. Cathays Business isn’t catered well for couples as you can barely see each other.
Meals on plane were not appetizing. (forgot which company) - We brought with us a full box of ready made food from Pomegranate. and it lasted us throughout the week.

Finding a resort in the Maldives wasn’t an easy task, and taking price into consideration and amenities I narrowed it down to 2 places, Viceroy or Zitahli.
We ended up taking Zitahli Over water Bungalow with private pool. Cost price was about $680 / night before tax besides the $560 p/p Flight to the island from MLE. Thanks to a DDF member i was able to get a nice discount on the resort and it knocked it down a few hundred but its still pricey.

Landing in MLE we got their about 8pm and since there are no flights to the islands we had to stay at a hotel on Male. We didn’t cross over with the ferry, but we took the Airport hotel, with Free shuttle. It was very nice and comfy with large Jacuzzi.
Next morning we were brought to the hotel airport lounge and one of our suitcases had to go on the next flight as it was too heavy but we got it within 2 hours.
The first impression of the island wasn’t nice as it was cloudy and rainy Friday and most of Shabbos. Then it cleared up and became UNBELIEVABLY beautiful. I originally requested Sunset view, and we got that but the problem was that it was very windy on that side and the water was more ocean looking and night ice blue glow that i love. So we asked to switch villas and they were very accommodating and helpful.
We barely used the private pool as the main pool was always empty and no one around.
Before I arrived i was in touch with the Food and Beverage manager through email and we arranged that I will got a microwave. and he brought us a brand new one! Then he felt bad we couldn’t eat their food so every morning we got delivered Full Breakfast of tropical fruits and veggies to our villa.
One of the nights we requested a private dinner at the beach with private chef and waiters. - the cost is generally $200++ per person but since we can’t eat the food we paid $80 all included p/p - they brought out a full fish , new knives and pots. double wrapped it and made us fish , salad and steamed veggies.

Maldives is the most relaxing place I’ve ever been to. Theres nothing really to do on the island besides chill and lay back which was awesome. I think 4 nights was a perfect number, not to little not to much . There are no words to describe the scenery there. Unless you go there and see for yourself. - It puts Hawaii to shame (beach wise)

We left Tuesday afternoon on Sri Lankan Air paid ticket to Bangkok with a day and half stop in Colombo. - Kosher food was horrendous. some catering in Brussels

COLOMBO: - Tuesday / Wednesday
Its a mix of thailand and probably India. - although many muslims there.
We stayed at the hilton there which was decent.
Went around town by tuktuk - to malls and flee markets to get some goodies. - we were down to our last bit of food from pomegranate and at this point we were ready to get a good burger at Chabad bangkok.
Walking around town felt a bit intimidating as we got many stares but no issues at all.

BANGKOK: - thursday - Shabbos
Too a 1am flight out of CMB arrived in BKK at 6am and its only a 3.5 hr duration. We were so tired never mind sitting in economy here and barely got sleep. Randomly someone was waiting with my name after we got off plane and gave me a fast pass thru immigration . not sure why !
Checked in to the Viengtai hotel across from Chabad - Shachris, Fleishig breakfast which we wolfed down and went to nap before the wedding that night.
Friday was shopping around town , and shabbos spent with all guests for sheva brachos.

MELBOURNE : Sunday - Sunday
Took Thai air Business from BKK on motzei shabbos to MEL. The flight was not lie flat so the sleep wasnt so comfortable Food wasn’t too good. Catered by Thai kosher Chabad.
Stayed at a friends house for the week. We went to Phillip island one day , we went around to the city and markets. every day a bit more .
The food in Melbourne has room for upgrade.
although the Nogga sushi was pretty good and laffa bar as well .

SYDNEY: Sunday- WED
Flew Qantas economy. got the exit row so it was nice.
Stayed at a friend in Bondi area.
First day went to Bondi Beach and restaurants which are pretty good
the nest few days, we spent time at the Circular Quey, Opera house area , Manly beach biking, Sydney eye , Darling Harbour, Ferrys, Bondi junction shopping and more.

Thursday 6am flight out on Singapore Air all the way to JFK-
i found all three flights SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK  with mileage available in First class. but until FRA on the B777 and then from FRA on the A380
The B777 is very nice as well.there was one other person on first leg and we were alone on the 2nd leg. The chairs are really wide the Beds, blankets, Pj’S, multiple pillows and fergamo kits are all very nice and comfy.
The food from SYD wasn’t much to talk about - catered by Louis conventional kitchen.. and the food from SIN-FRA was amazing by hermolies.

Now in the Senator lounge in FRA awaiting my flight to JFK on the suites and i'm really excited!

Once again i must thank Dan and the forums, because of them this amazing 3 week trip was the trip of a life time!!

To Many more!

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 01:44:35 AM »
Just found this thread. You definitely deserve it. Great read.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:30 AM »
Pics? :)

Offline morgs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: *a Gold, Avis Presidents circle, Hertz Presidents club
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »
Nice TR-sounds like you are having a great time-enjoy!!