Topic Wiki

For those that don't know how certificates work.

Seven night and five night certificates

1. Marriott certificates can be used for any reservation that can be booked with points. To search for reward availability simply go to marriott.com and check the box to search "using points".

Marriott hotels are divided into categories. (Cheapest being category one) below is a list of all the category 1-4 hotels  http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/Category1.hotels.Category2.Category3.Category4.Category5/

2. A 5/7 night certificates must be used for 5/7 consecutive nights. The reservation cannot be split up.

3. In order to hold the room you need a credit card. Your card will be kept for incidentals and you won't be charged for the room.

4. Certificates can be gifted BUT the room needs to be booked under the account holders name and you will be added a secondary guest.

5. Gold or plat benefits depend heavily on the hotel. At check in you may or may not get an upgrade.

« Last edited by leeboy on April 02, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »

Author Topic: Marriott Certs Sale  (Read 341433 times)

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
Re: Marriott Certs Sale
« Reply #1215 on: August 02, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »
Are the 7 night certificates associated to the original account? As in if I purchase it, could my name be on the primary check in guest? Worried about checking in without the account holder. Thanks
Pm sent
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline pnovick

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 02, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
i'm looking to stay tonight in a category 5 hotel tonight near lakewood looking to pay 100 obo pls pm me

Offline E-MAN

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 02, 2017, 12:13:25 PM »
i'm looking to stay tonight in a category 5 hotel tonight near lakewood looking to pay 100 obo pls pm me
PM sent

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 55
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite
« Reply #1218 on: August 02, 2017, 02:02:51 PM »
Are the 7 night certificates associated to the original account? As in if I purchase it, could my name be on the primary check in guest? Worried about checking in without the account holder. Thanks
no people are selling these certificates so the buyer can sponsor a hotel stay for the AH

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 02, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
no people are selling these certificates so the buyer can sponsor a hotel stay for the AH

I don't understand the need for sarcasm here. I think that the posted is just asking whether he can be listed as the primary guests, or if he has to be a second guest, in which case he is concerned about checking in without the AH. Seems like a valid question to me.

My answer to the original poster is it will most likely be impossible to get you listed as the primary guest. Some people claim that they can do it, but I wouldn't rely on it. The bottom line is that you have to be prepared to check-in as a second guests with a poker face. If you need everything to be by the books, then maybe these certificates aren't for you.

Offline wbc1991

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 02, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »
I don't understand the need for sarcasm here. I think that the posted is just asking whether he can be listed as the primary guests, or if he has to be a second guest, in which case he is concerned about checking in without the AH. Seems like a valid question to me.

My answer to the original poster is it will most likely be impossible to get you listed as the primary guest. Some people claim that they can do it, but I wouldn't rely on it. The bottom line is that you have to be prepared to check-in as a second guests with a poker face. If you need everything to be by the books, then maybe these certificates aren't for you.

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly!

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 55
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite
« Reply #1221 on: August 02, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »

Why would there be a thread 80 pages long of people buying and selling if the buyer cannot check in?

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »
In terms of data points, I bought two week long certificates as a secondary guest and stayed both weeks consecutively, no problem. Anything can happen though, and you have to be prepared to accept a loss at the small chance that they decide to get nosy.

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 02, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »
I noticed that hotels especially the ones in the 1-5 category are not looking to make you upset, they don't look out for negative reviews on kayak or trip Advisor, they will try to accommodate you so you should be happy

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
Why would there be a thread 80 pages long of people buying and selling if the buyer cannot check in?

Because it usually works, especially when playing the part, but it's not fail-proof.

As an additional data point, international hotels are known to be stricter on requiring the AH to appear sometime during the stay, especially in Asia.

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 02, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
In terms of data points, I bought two week long certificates as a secondary guest and stayed both weeks consecutively, no problem. Anything can happen though, and you have to be prepared to accept a loss at the small chance that they decide to get nosy.

Just curious, were these two certificates from the same person or from two different people.  Did you have them join the reservations together ahead of time so you wouldn't have an issue once you got there?

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 02, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
Just curious, were these two certificates from the same person or from two different people.  Did you have them join the reservations together ahead of time so you wouldn't have an issue once you got there?

Bought from the same person. They didn't join them together, I just explained to the hotel the day before I was supposed to check out from week one that I'm staying an additional week and that I would like to combine so I could stay in the same room. Not a problem at all. Also, I just moved to Denver, hello!

Offline Adi0189

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 03, 2017, 06:57:39 AM »
Looking to buy one night in marriott LGA. PLease PM me! Need for tonight

Online hide4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 03, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
Looking to buy one night in marriott LGA. PLease PM me! Need for tonight
The Marriott LGA hotel is a cat 7. Don't think there's a 1 night cat 7 cert.

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 03, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »
Need prince Sakura Tokyo for two nights in August. Category 8
If anyone gets a special price there please let me know!