Topic Wiki

IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW REWARD BOOKINGS WORK BEFORE YOU TRANSACT.

1.   Marriott certificates can be used for any reservation that can be booked with points. To search for reward availability simply go to marriott.com and check the box to search "using points".
Marriott hotels are divided into categories. (Cheapest being category one)

What room types can you book?
You can book any STANDARD room that's available at marriott.com using reward points with no cap on the number of points. (standard room means it not an upgraded room. Every hotel lists their rooms differently, In some hotels, the standard room may even include suites)
To check, go to marriott.com and search for rooms. Make sure to check the option "Use Points/Certificates".

If it says:
Redemption - You can book that room no matter how many points it is
Redemption with Cash Upgrade - You can book however, the cert will cover the basic portion you will need to pay the additional cash upgrade fee.
Redemption with Points Upgrade - You cannot book using a certificate

2.   There are a few different types of certificates. Seven/five night certificates are the hotel portion of "Marriott travel packages" that the owner does not want or need anymore (google Marriott packages to learn more about them). Individuals many times buy these packages just to receive the airline miles and don’t end up using the hotel portion of the package. There are also single night certs given to account holders for holding a Marriott brand credit card

3.   A 7/5night-night certificate must be used for 7 consecutive nights. The reservation cannot be split up.

4.   In order to hold the room, you need a credit card. Your card will be kept for incidentals and you won't be charged for the room.

5.   MUST be booked BOOK 30 Days in Advance. THIS IS A TECHNICAL GLITCH WHICH MARRIOTT CLAIMS TO BE FIXING, HOWEVER, ITS MORE THAN A YEAR THAT THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE. In order to book with a certificate, reps must create the reservation as a points advance and then attach the cert. Marriott recently made a new rule that reservations made within 30 days aren’t eligible for points advance. If the account, you are booking with has enough points to cover the reservation you can book it as regular points and have the rep detach the points and attach the certificate.

6.   Travel package certs must be booked over the phone. Single night certs can be booked online

7.   The certificate sits on the account holders account and the elite night credits are officially credited to them. There is no way to transfer those stays to your account.

8.   If you are the traveler do not call Marriott reservations. This reservation is in someone else's account and calling may result in his/her account getting audited and the reservation canceled.

9.   The certificate covers the cost of the reservation including tax but does NOT include any resort fees, parking, and incidentals (for example food charged to the room)

10.   It's not possible to entirely remove the certificate owner from the reservation but your name is added as a secondary guest and a special code is added (M8 code) to inform the hotel that this reservation is in fact gifted to you. The hotels are very much aware of this.

You should be able to check-in as you would to a regular reservation with your own ID. You will need to provide a credit card to cover any incidentals, resort fees, and parking fees if there are any.

11.   You cannot add your Marriott account number to the reservation and generally, the hotel will go by the status on our account (which may be silver or gold at the time of check-in) however, it depends very much on the front desk rep at the time of check-in

12. Certs cannot be combined - e.g. you can't combine two 35k certificates to book a 60k room.

13. The "free fifth night" only applies to points bookings, not certificates.

See post #5805 for a history of bid/ask on these 1/5/7 night certificates of different levels
« Last edited by David61 on November 16, 2022, 12:09:46 PM »

Author Topic: Marriott Certs Sale  (Read 1650352 times)

Offline APoshiterYid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Marriott Certs Sale
« Reply #5560 on: February 25, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline Stallion114

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Choice Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #5561 on: February 25, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »
Looking for a cat 6 7 night for early March.  Offering 1100.
US hotel status doesn’t matter

Offline gibralter

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: February 25, 2020, 11:33:15 PM »
Selling a cat 4,   7 night cert. $500

PM me.

Offline sikhangel

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: February 26, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »
Looking for a 5 night cat 6 cert, need 2 of them for travel in 2-3 weeks. Looking to pay $850 each or PM me and make an offer.

Offline nebhar97

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: February 26, 2020, 01:45:02 AM »
@letav_aved thank you for allowing me to re explain our policy for others to see. I am all abt transparency. I am really sorry to post this here, are you sure you want to bring this here?

@letav_aved  contacted me last night to cancel a stay due to corna virus. We typically charge $75 to make changes, I offered to waive the fee and rebook him anywhere before the cert expires 11/27/2021.

@letav wanted a refund that second. 
Thiis isn't our first run in with @letav_aved
He booked in past, didnt pay and then requested to cancel. Which makes me wonder if he is cancelling for the reason he stated. He uses multiple aliases and was extremely aggressive when asking him why he wouldn't communicate and purchase directly. We work very hard to build a level of trust and offer good service to people that actually book with us.
As much id love just to book and cancel for free most people can understand we arent a massive company. Have we refunded people? Sure. Threatening me for not responding within an hour doesnt really help either.

Again, I am really sorry to have to post this here but  with his aggressive & threatening behavior I am sure that this behavior isn't unique just to us @letav_aved ?
I am happy to share screen shots of our communication to anyone who requests it.

I, and I'm sure many others, can vouch for @leeboy . The transaction I had with him was phenomenal from start to finish.

The transaction I had with @letav_aved was awful from nearly the beginning to the DRAGGED OUT end of the deal. I would never deal with him/her again.

It's pretty easy to decide who is more trustworthy in this case...

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: February 26, 2020, 01:57:25 AM »
anyone have 2 35k nights looking to pay 120

Offline ruru1000

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 26, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
Selling a 25k night certificate that expires 4/29/20 - Titanium account:  $75

Offline steve_z

• View Profile
  • Programs: American Air Plat, Marriott Titanium, Ritz Carlton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, MLife Gold, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, American Express Platinum
« Reply #5567 on: February 26, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »
I, and I'm sure many others, can vouch for @leeboy . The transaction I had with him was phenomenal from start to finish.

The transaction I had with @letav_aved was awful from nearly the beginning to the DRAGGED OUT end of the deal. I would never deal with him/her again.

It's pretty easy to decide who is more trustworthy in this case...
@leeboy is superb in all ways.  Runs a smooth operation and is great with communication.

Offline leeboy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 26, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
Selling from Titanium:
Category 6 five night certificate $1000. Expires July 2021.
Category 8 seven night certificate $3000. Expires March 2021.

@Stallion114 I cannot book within 30 days because the account doesn't have points to cover the points advance but I am sure dan has plenty of points and can book ;)

Offline leeboy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 26, 2020, 10:42:58 AM »
Here is a little bit of a detailed wiki I wrote up on how these work and why 30 days can be issue.
Hope this helps some people here

IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW REWARD BOOKINGS WORK BEFORE YOU TRANSACT.

1.   Marriott certificates can be used for any reservation that can be booked with points. To search for reward availability simply go to marriott.com and check the box to search "using points".
Marriott hotels are divided into categories. (Cheapest being category one)

Which room types can you book?
You can book any STANDARD room that's available at marriott.com using reward points with no cap on the number of points. (standard room means it not an upgraded room. Every hotel lists their rooms differently, In some hotels, the standard room may even include suites)
To check, go to marriott.com and search for rooms. Make sure to check the option "Use Points/Certificates".

If it says:
Redemption - You can book that room no matter how many points it is
Redemption with Cash Upgrade - You can book however, the cert will cover the basic portion you will need to pay the additional cash upgrade fee.
Redemption with Points Upgrade - You cannot book using a certificate

2.   There are a few different types of certificates. Seven/five night certificates which is the hotel portion of a "Marriott travel package" that the owner does not want or need anymore (google Marriott packages to learn more about them). Individuals many times buy these packages just to receive the airline miles and don’t end up using the hotel portion of the package. There are also single night certs given to account holders for holding a Marriott brand credit card
3.   A 7/5night-night certificate must be used for 7 consecutive nights. The reservation cannot be split up.
4.   In order to hold the room, you need a credit card. Your card will be kept for incidentals and you won't be charged for the room.
5.   MUST be booked BOOK 30 Days in Advance. THIS IS A TECHNICAL GLITCH WHICH MARRIOTT CLAIMS TO BE FIXING THOUGH ITS OVER A YEAR THAT THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE. In order to book with a certificatea, reps must create the reservation as a points advance and then attach the cert. Marriott recently made a new rule that reservations made within 30 days aren’t eligible for points advance. If the account, you are booking with has enough points to cover the reservation you can book it as regular points and have the rep detach the points and attach the certificate.
6.   Travel package certs must be booked over the phone. Single night certs can be booked online
7.   The certificate sits on the account holders account and the elite night credits are officially credited to them. There is no way to transfer those stays to your account.
8.   If you are the traveler do not call Marriott reservations. This reservation is in someone else's account and calling may result in his/her account getting audited and the reservation canceled.
9.   The certificate covers the cost of the reservation including tax but does NOT include any resort fees, parking, and incidentals (for example food charged to the room)
10.   It's not possible to entirely remove the certificate owner from the reservation but your name is added as a secondary guest and a special code is added (M8 code) to inform the hotel that this reservation is in fact gifted to you. The hotels are very much aware of this.

You should be able to check-in as you would to a regular reservation with your own ID. You will need to provide a credit card to cover any incidentals, resort fees, and parking fees if there are any.
11.   You cannot add your Marriott account number to the reservation and generally, the hotel will go by the status on our account (which may be silver or gold at the time of check-in) however, it depends very much on the front desk rep at the time of check-in
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:46:20 AM by leeboy »

Offline midnightinharlem

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 26, 2020, 12:40:47 PM »
Selling one 50k night, expiration 6/2/2020. $245. Please PM, many references.

Bump, lowered price to $225. Please PM

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 26, 2020, 04:43:57 PM »
Here is a little bit of a detailed wiki I wrote up on how these work and why 30 days can be issue.
Hope this helps some people here
Why not add this to the thread wiki?

Offline dmoney

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 26, 2020, 09:33:05 PM »
Updated:

SOLD: 5-night Cat 1-4: $525, exp 5/13/2020, Silver account

STILL AVAILABLE:
7-night Cat 6: $1,150, exp 5/13/2020, Silver account

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 26, 2020, 10:24:42 PM »
Interested! How do I get a hold of you if not taking PMs?
try sending one

Offline g8trgr8t

• View Profile
    • My Albums
« Reply #5574 on: February 26, 2020, 10:47:32 PM »
Has anyone else had negative experience with @leeboy ?

no,but I have had multiple good transactions with him

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 27, 2020, 11:24:21 AM »
For Sale:
2- 7 nights cat 1-4.
Two accounts, gold. Exp July and August 2020.
@600 each or BO.
PM please.

Bump

Offline rivkyw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 27, 2020, 06:17:23 PM »
For Sale

1- 7 night certificate category 1-5 Gold account
Expires March 2021 $924

1-7 night certificate category 1-4 Platinum account
Expires November 2020 $625

Offline Aaroncar

• View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 28, 2020, 01:44:26 AM »
Selling 3 Marriott certificate up to 35k, expires 7/25/20, 10/25/20, 11/14/20 all same gold elite account, $150 each $440 for all.
Will do now $140 each or $410 for 3

Offline narrator

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 28, 2020, 07:12:35 AM »
For sale:

7 nights category 1-4.  Exp 06/23/2020 - Gold Account - $600.
Please PM me. Thanks!

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #5579 on: February 28, 2020, 09:20:19 AM »
Selling 1 up to 35k cert. gold account expires 04/04/20 $135
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.