Author Topic: 3$ for companion ticket?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline MES

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
3$ for companion ticket?
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:45:35 AM »
Is this worth it?
I just got two emails for it
Dear Cardmember,

To show you how much you mean to us, we’d like to send you 2 free issues of Travel + Leisure magazine. Inside, you will find pages chock-full of expert travel advice, money saving tips and great destination ideas.

And, to help you experience one of those destinations, we'll also send you a Free Airline Companion Ticket good for travel to one of over 100 exciting U.S. destinations. So bring a friend...on us.

Offline YOSEF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
Re: 3$ for companion ticket?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
Is this worth it?
I just got two emails for it
Dear Cardmember,

To show you how much you mean to us, we’d like to send you 2 free issues of Travel + Leisure magazine. Inside, you will find pages chock-full of expert travel advice, money saving tips and great destination ideas.

And, to help you experience one of those destinations, we'll also send you a Free Airline Companion Ticket good for travel to one of over 100 exciting U.S. destinations. So bring a friend...on us.
If its legit, TOTALLY!!!
(I'm still not sure why $3 is in question...even if it doesn't work out, its only $3 bucks.)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
If its legit, TOTALLY!!!
(I'm still not sure why $3 is in question...even if it doesn't work out, its only $3 bucks.)

Its legit, but becareful as they most liely have you on an automatic renewal so if you dont cancel in time  it will cost you.

BTW I hope you arent Thinking that the 1 tkt you have to purchase can be an ElCheapo, you usually have to purchase 1 of the most expensive fares , so most likley it will cost you less $$ to buy 2 ElCheapos then 1 reg tkt with the free companion, thats besides some other restrictions thrown in

Offline YOSEF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »
Its legit, but becareful as they most liely have you on an automatic renewal so if you dont cancel in time  it will cost you.

BTW I hope you arent Thinking that the 1 tkt you have to purchase can be an ElCheapo, you usually have to purchase 1 of the most expensive fares , so most likley it will cost you less $$ to buy 2 ElCheapos then 1 reg tkt with the free companion, thats besides some other restrictions thrown in

Granted,
However, in my experience (not as much as steve2's), if the fare is over a certain amount (around $400), its usually worth it.
And as I mentoned, we are talking about $3, so its a pretty good investment...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:27:56 PM by YOSEF »

Offline MLM

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »
I signed up for it and NOW they tell me I need to spend over $700 for the ticket when i cud get it for 425

Offline YOSEF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 12:02:26 PM »
I signed up for it and NOW they tell me I need to spend over $700 for the ticket when i cud get it for 425
so if you are taking someone with you, isn't it worth it??
$703 vs. $850??
and thats not to mention the perks of a more expensive ticket (ex. baggage, boarding etc)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
so if you are taking someone with you, isn't it worth it??
$703 vs. $850??
and thats not to mention the perks of a more expensive ticket (ex. baggage, boarding etc)

like I figured someone was gonna think they can get Something for Nothing.

If I remember correctly since its a Companion tkt No Miles will be earned. So depending where a person has in mind to fly to it can be well worth it to purchase Both tkts, since the savings will most likely be very little if any in the end