Topic Wiki

All you need to know:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/38212

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/awards/travel/types.aspx
Click on "United air travel award rules:"
"You may redeem miles for travel in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United Business® or United BusinessFirst® , even if the space is not available. In these cases, United Economy in the same award type must be confirmed, and the front cabin will be waitlisted. For example, a Saver United First award must be confirmed in Saver United Economy to be eligible for waitlisting. If the courtesy waitlist does not clear, it will expire 24 hours before itinerary departure, and you will automatically be added to the airport upgrade standby list upon check-in. In these cases, you will be confirmed on a space-available basis by a United airport representative at the gate once the flight has closed for check-in. For United BusinessFirst and United Business travel awards, the difference in miles will be refunded when the United BusinessFirst or United Business class segment of the trip could not be confirmed. Waitlist requests may only be made over the phone with your local United Reservations office"

« Last edited by HolyNyc on February 02, 2015, 08:51:46 AM »

Author Topic: Plan B Discussion: Booking BusinessFirst Awards Without Availability  (Read 512737 times)

Offline Spoon

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
Re: Plan B Discussion: Booking BusinessFirst Awards Without Availability
« Reply #2661 on: August 29, 2023, 06:14:11 PM »

Can we get the stats on this? How many attempts did it take to get it set up? Phone,chat,Twitter? Hours?

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Plan B Discussion: Booking BusinessFirst Awards Without Availability
« Reply #2662 on: January 17, 2024, 12:10:50 AM »
Had recently that it’s waitlisted but not deducted until it clears. Is that how it is these days? Used to deduct the miles right away, No?
Bump

Offline JOJO2020

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
I’ve had success in the past setting up and being upgraded but I tried multiple times in the last 2 days via text and FB. Here the response I’ve been getting from whoever did try giving me an explanation. “ That is correct, Joe. However, the current algorithm of our system no longer process such request since we have shifted to dynamic pricing where at any given time, the mileage requirement may change, unlike before where the mileage requirements are fixed for every travel region ^RJ”
So did plan B come to an end or is there still a way to get it done?

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I’ve had success in the past setting up and being upgraded but I tried multiple times in the last 2 days via text and FB. Here the response I’ve been getting from whoever did try giving me an explanation. “ That is correct, Joe. However, the current algorithm of our system no longer process such request since we have shifted to dynamic pricing where at any given time, the mileage requirement may change, unlike before where the mileage requirements are fixed for every travel region ^RJ”
So did plan B come to an end or is there still a way to get it done?
This excuse has been around for a while. Huca. IMO it’s not worth it based on the amount of yuca needed sometimes and chances of an upgrade, unless it’s a quiet route/time/season