Author Topic: Starwood Question  (Read 77108 times)

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Starwood Question
« Reply #810 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:17 PM »
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline chaimdasap

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 06, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »
Can you gift an spg reservation, and still receive the 5th night free?
"I'm not under the affluence of incohol, but thinkle peep I am."

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 55
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite
« Reply #812 on: June 06, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
i don't think you can officially gift an SPG reservation.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 18, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »
Any DP's on booking SPG reservation through UR portal and receiving status benefits (upgrade) by calling and having them add reservation to your SPG account or emailing hotel property in advance? If it helps the account would have platinum status. Would prefer to not rely on getting there and hoping they add my status to the reservation once at check in desk...

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 18, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »
Any DP's on booking SPG reservation through UR portal and receiving status benefits (upgrade) by calling and having them add reservation to your SPG account or emailing hotel property in advance? If it helps the account would have platinum status. Would prefer to not rely on getting there and hoping they add my status to the reservation once at check in desk...
DPs wouldn't help unless you ask for the specific hotel. It's YMMV and officially status is not recognized if you don't book through SPG

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 18, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
DPs wouldn't help unless you ask for the specific hotel. It's YMMV and officially status is not recognized if you don't book through SPG
Understood. Thank you! Hotel was for the BOB SR or LM on the unlikely chance one who reads this has any experience...

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, MarriottSPGPlat Feb2020
« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »

when you check in for the 4 nights at the front desk, that is when they can add on the 5th night free.
NEW $16.99 price for 3-pk on Amazon Prime: http://bit.ly/3pkFreeShippingBelgianChocolateChips

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 21, 2018, 01:19:39 AM »
can you transfer from the Marriott nights and flights  package to a different united account under someone eases name not yours? in order to take advantage of his  expanded united saver availability that he has from having the united credit card ?

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2018, 06:29:35 PM »
i have 30k spg in one account and i want to transfer it into my marriot account. the problem is my marriott account is already linked up to a spg account. i dont have  the 5 days time to wait for the  transfer between spg accounts and my spg account is not even 30 days old anyway, can I link up a new spg account to my already linked up marriott? or can I delink my old spg account and put this new one in instead? thanks

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
The above referenced  account is currently inaccessible as there are strong indicators that multiple accounts were created and are being controlled by the same person and were created to override SPG® Program parameters.

Some recent Starpoint purchases were flagged in our system as there are requests entered on each account to have the purchased points transferred to your account.

The accounts have the same surname and mailing address that is on your Platinum account profile. A request to legitimize the accounts was sent to each of individual email address.

Please submit a valid, government issued picture ID bearing your name and current mailing address via return email.

Please conceal the identification number itself as we do not require that information.  We only need to confirm your name and mailing address to legitimize the account.

Each account will need to be legitimized before all accounts can be released. I just got this email when attempting to transfer from multiple accounts

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »
The above referenced  account is currently inaccessible as there are strong indicators that multiple accounts were created and are being controlled by the same person and were created to override SPG® Program parameters.

Some recent Starpoint purchases were flagged in our system as there are requests entered on each account to have the purchased points transferred to your account.

The accounts have the same surname and mailing address that is on your Platinum account profile. A request to legitimize the accounts was sent to each of individual email address.

Please submit a valid, government issued picture ID bearing your name and current mailing address via return email.

Please conceal the identification number itself as we do not require that information.  We only need to confirm your name and mailing address to legitimize the account.

Each account will need to be legitimized before all accounts can be released. I just got this email when attempting to transfer from multiple accounts
What is your question?

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 24, 2018, 10:49:03 PM »
has anyone had this issue before? my problem is that even though I did send proof of identity I signed up making spg accounts using random first names ,even with the same last name and the address  on each account I created it still  might not match up to the identities I emailed them, as the first name is different on the account then the actual passport . also,what happens if I spent 1967 dollars  to buy spg points on sale and Starwood decides to close my account ? would they give me a refund or would I have to  do a chargeback with amex?

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 14, 2018, 12:57:03 AM »
has anyone had this issue before? my problem is that even though I did send proof of identity I signed up making spg accounts using random first names ,even with the same last name and the address  on each account I created it still  might not match up to the identities I emailed them, as the first name is different on the account then the actual passport . also,what happens if I spent 1967 dollars  to buy spg points on sale and Starwood decides to close my account ? would they give me a refund or would I have to  do a chargeback with amex?
sounds shady, English please?
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #823 on: August 14, 2018, 02:22:20 AM »
You used random first names? Is it more than one ?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 14, 2018, 05:14:15 PM »
is it too late to move spg-spg? meaning if i start the process now...
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle