Author Topic: Starwood Question  (Read 143631 times)

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Starwood Question
« Reply #620 on: April 22, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »
What do you call activity?  Is earning points considered activity?
yes

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 24, 2016, 09:55:07 PM »
What do you call activity?  Is earning points considered activity?
Any spend on the card.

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:55 PM »
Can I transfer from one spg account to another when it's different names? Is it instant?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2016, 08:46:58 PM »
Can I transfer from one spg account to another when it's different names? Is it instant?
yes as long as the addresses match and it takes 3-5 days bit instant.

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #624 on: May 02, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »
Any SPG Plat want me to add their SPG number to an upcoming 5 night reservation? I'm SPG Gold, with no chance of getting to Plat - so I'll gladly trade the stay credit for Plat benefits. Staying on a points reservation for 5 nights in May at the SLS Beverly Hills. Would it work for you to get the stay credit, and I get the Plat benefits? Or would that only work for a paid reservation?

Getting back to my earlier post...We've determined that the only way to do this for sure is to have the Plat book the room on points...thanks for the responses and suggestions.

But what may work (may, not guaranteed) is for me to call the hotel and tell them that a Plat will be joining me in the room, and ask for the Plat benefits as a courtesy (I'm SPG Gold, so breakfast and a room upgrade to a suite would be the goal).

Any SPG Plat want to PM me with their name and membership number as a DD courtesy? :)  I've 'paid forward' lots of favors on DD...

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2016, 10:30:27 AM »
Getting back to my earlier post...We've determined that the only way to do this for sure is to have the Plat book the room on points...thanks for the responses and suggestions.

But what may work (may, not guaranteed) is for me to call the hotel and tell them that a Plat will be joining me in the room, and ask for the Plat benefits as a courtesy (I'm SPG Gold, so breakfast and a room upgrade to a suite would be the goal).

Any SPG Plat want to PM me with their name and membership number as a DD courtesy? :)  I've 'paid forward' lots of favors on DD...

BUMP - Any nice SPG Plats out there willing to assist here? Aside from 'Paying it Forward'. it would be interesting to see if it works? Probably a HUCA case with the front desk...

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »
BUMP - Any nice SPG Plats out there willing to assist here? Aside from 'Paying it Forward'. it would be interesting to see if it works? Probably a HUCA case with the front desk...

they only give plat upgrades if the actual plat SPG account books the room. (Even if the plat member is the add-on and present at booking, they do not extend plat upgrades. This happened to us when the first day was not my plat booking, but the last 3 days were -- they refused to extend plat upgrades, even though I was standing at the front desk, unless the reservation came from my actual plat account.) 
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 04, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »

they only give plat upgrades if the actual plat SPG account books the room. (Even if the plat member is the add-on and present at booking, they do not extend plat upgrades. This happened to us when the first day was not my plat booking, but the last 3 days were -- they refused to extend plat upgrades, even though I was standing at the front desk, unless the reservation came from my actual plat account.) 

I think it would depend on who you asks and when. Front Desk supervisors have lots of discretion in room upgrades and other amenities. As an SPG gold, I have often been granted club privileges or a club floor, when I've been specifically told, in advance, that a club room upgrade is only for Plat members. It really depends on the property and who you happen to get at the front desk

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »
I think it would depend on who you asks and when. Front Desk supervisors have lots of discretion in room upgrades and other amenities. As an SPG gold, I have often been granted club privileges or a club floor, when I've been specifically told, in advance, that a club room upgrade is only for Plat members. It really depends on the property and who you happen to get at the front desk

true. I suppose that arriving to a Sheraton in FL the day after Yeshiva Week ended is not a great indicator of how rational they would be about extending plat status when day One was booked with non-plat, even though days 2-5 were booked with plat for the same family -- and I was standing right there.

The front desk has a lot of power of assigning rooms. SPG and Hyatt say "thank you for being a valued customer" every. single. time.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
Bad news for Starwood enthusiasts like myself. As of June 1st the St Regis monarch beach is no longer a part of SPG :(. I never got to cross this hotel off my bucket list so I'm really pissed about this.

Online mochjas

• View Profile

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2016, 01:18:36 PM »
Bad news for Starwood enthusiasts like myself. As of June 1st the St Regis monarch beach is no longer a part of SPG :(. I never got to cross this hotel off my bucket list so I'm really pissed about this.

This is unfortunate. One of our regular weekend getaway properties during the summer. I had no idea. I really enjoyed my SPG Elite treatment there.

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 21, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »
Anyone with experience at the Westin Newport in Jersey city, regarding using a SNA and getting Plat benefits without the platinum member actually being there? 

(Obviously his name would be on the ressy, and would tell them he's coming later, but I understand some properties started giving a hard time this, specifically W Hoboken, and Sheraton Eatontown)

Offline itsyehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 01, 2016, 01:40:30 AM »
Has anybody tried getting 2.4% JetCash on Starwood bookings?

Would it affect elite benefits/point earning or is it a safe double dip?
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 01, 2016, 10:11:13 AM »
Has anybody tried getting 2.4% JetCash on Starwood bookings?

Would it affect elite benefits/point earning or is it a safe double dip?
As long as you book through SPG youll get all the bennies
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Ryan the Yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 02, 2016, 11:59:07 PM »
Anyone with experience at the Westin Newport in Jersey city, regarding using a SNA and getting Plat benefits without the platinum member actually being there? 

(Obviously his name would be on the ressy, and would tell them he's coming later, but I understand some properties started giving a hard time this, specifically W Hoboken, and Sheraton Eatontown)

Just stayed at the Sheraton Eatontown. What are the Plat bens?

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 03, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Just stayed at the Sheraton Eatontown. What are the Plat bens?

early check-in, free premium-high-speed internet, 4:00 check out, larger room sometimes, etc....

Offline tanipollak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 03, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »
I have the purple SPG starwood perferred guest card with 40,000 miles. I'm going to Israel with my wife in middle august. How do I get hotel stays using my points and where can I see all hotels in Israel that I can use the SPG points towards.

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 03, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »
I have the purple SPG starwood perferred guest card with 40,000 miles. I'm going to Israel with my wife in middle august. How do I get hotel stays using my points and where can I see all hotels in Israel that I can use the SPG points towards.
The one and only spg hotel in Israel

http://m.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=326

Offline CS1

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 04, 2016, 12:06:37 PM »
The one and only spg hotel in Israel

http://m.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=326

That's good -- looks like it can get you at least 3 free nights.