Author Topic: Multiple Chase Business Cards  (Read 9007 times)

Online gogreen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Multiple Chase Business Cards
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »
Here's some info about applying for multiple Chase business cards as explained to me by the Chase Business Lending dept:

In order to be considered for 2 of the SAME business cards you must have a different tax ID for each business. Otherwise, even if you have 2 different business names they will be considered duplicate applications as they are both under your social. One off them will then be automatically denied with no possibility of reconsideration.
This doesn't apply if youre applying for 2 different cards ie Ink Bold & Ink Plus.

(i learned the hard way after mistakenly applying for 2 Ink Plus cards last week)

Offline esw30

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Chase Business Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:43 AM »
Here's some info about applying for multiple Chase business cards as explained to me by the Chase Business Lending dept:

In order to be considered for 2 of the SAME business cards you must have a different tax ID for each business. Otherwise, even if you have 2 different business names they will be considered duplicate applications as they are both under your social. One off them will then be automatically denied with no possibility of reconsideration.
This doesn't apply if youre applying for 2 different cards ie Ink Bold & Ink Plus.

(i learned the hard way after mistakenly applying for 2 Ink Plus cards last week)

Anyone have any idea if they give you trouble over applying for two different business cards for the same business?

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »
Anyone have any idea if they give you trouble over applying for two different business cards for the same business?

Thats is called a 2BM, there is also a 3BM & 4BM. There is also a thread for that which should answer all your future questions about this - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=9825 . Welcome.

You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline esw30

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »
Thats is called a 2BM, there is also a 3BM & 4BM. There is also a thread for that which should answer all your future questions about this - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=9825 . Welcome.

Thanks Chucksterace.  I actually browsed that thread for awhile last night, but didn't see anything about this particular question.  I ask because in looking at a different thread on churning Chase cards, it seems people have had some trouble lately (especially during the 60K IB/IP promo) getting both, so I wasn't sure and couldn't figure out if this was due specifically to the similarity of IB and IP, or if Chase generally makes it difficult to get two business cards simultaneously.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »
Thanks Chucksterace.  I actually browsed that thread for awhile last night, but didn't see anything about this particular question.  I ask because in looking at a different thread on churning Chase cards, it seems people have had some trouble lately (especially during the 60K IB/IP promo) getting both, so I wasn't sure and couldn't figure out if this was due specifically to the similarity of IB and IP, or if Chase generally makes it difficult to get two business cards simultaneously.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

When I signed up for my 3BM chase business in april i had two of three accepted. Ink bold and ua biz. The ink plus was denied.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline goals^n^dreams

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »

I use my SSN to apply for my business INK BOLD (Sole Proprietorship). So how can I get another TAX ID to apply another INK BOLD again?

Offline far rockaway

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
I use my SSN to apply for my business INK BOLD (Sole Proprietorship). So how can I get another TAX ID to apply another INK BOLD again?
Significant other?

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »
If you are applying again when did you close the original card? Why not use the same info again?

Offline yeshiva36

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any for this question.

I owned a small business that applied and was approved for non-profit status. So I had chase cards in the old business ein and now want to apply for cards with the new ein (same name), solely to get more bonus.

Do you think chase have any problem with this and consider  it sneaky? Because essentially if they dont realize what I am doing, they will be giving more credit for the same amount of business revenue. It's not worth it for me to take chances with them. Perhaps they expect me to call them about the current cards to just change the ein in their system.

Any thoughts?

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 04:16:37 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any for this question.

I owned a small business that applied and was approved for non-profit status. So I had chase cards in the old business ein and now want to apply for cards with the new ein (same name), solely to get more bonus.

Do you think chase have any problem with this and consider  it sneaky? Because essentially if they dont realize what I am doing, they will be giving more credit for the same amount of business revenue. It's not worth it for me to take chances with them. Perhaps they expect me to call them about the current cards to just change the ein in their system.

Any thoughts?

If I understood your questions correctly they are two different corporations and there is nothing wrong with applying for a new card for the new corporations.

It’s not sneaky they will see it and asses the application the same way they asses all applications and render a decision. Of course if you get denied you will want to go to the reconsideration department and explain why you have different corporations and that you don’t mix them etc.
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
I have multiple Chase Ink business cards.  I have spent the money and gotten the bonuses.  For personal cards I try not to close cards but downgrade to free products and combine them.  But for these cards what is the best thing to do- close/cancel the account or downgrade?  Is there any downside to closing out the accounts?  Thanks

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
I have multiple Chase Ink business cards.  I have spent the money and gotten the bonuses.  For personal cards I try not to close cards but downgrade to free products and combine them.  But for these cards what is the best thing to do- close/cancel the account or downgrade?  Is there any downside to closing out the accounts?  Thanks
Why don't you churn them?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:14 PM »

Why don't you churn them?

Meaning close and reapply?  That's what I am asking- is there any downside to closing and if yes then Shd I downgrade to a free card and reapply then?

Offline notanonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »
Meaning close and reapply?  That's what I am asking- is there any downside to closing and if yes then Shd I downgrade to a free card and reapply then?
Instead of closing outright, why not apply for other cards, and if needed use those as leverage.  If not needed, then shift credit for the Bold, then close.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

Instead of closing outright, why not apply for other cards, and if needed use those as leverage.  If not needed, then shift credit for the Bold, then close.

That's a good idea. I Shd probably do that before the annual fees come around.  Thanks

Offline rivkao

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
I have chase and citi business cards in which I put myself as sole proprietor. I just opened a non profit organization with a EIN. I was wondering if I can apply for the same biz cards (IB or IP) with my EIN and by personal info my SSN. I got about 10 new cards this past year so I'm worried they won't approve. Can anyone advise?

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
I have chase and citi business cards in which I put myself as sole proprietor. I just opened a non profit organization with a EIN. I was wondering if I can apply for the same biz cards (IB or IP) with my EIN and by personal info my SSN. I got about 10 new cards this past year so I'm worried they won't approve. Can anyone advise?

If you don't apply they for sure won't approve you...

Offline rivkao

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »
If you don't apply they for sure won't approve you...
Will it affect my credit or my future chance of getting approved? I'm worried if I'll apply now and not get approved i won't be able to reapply for a few months..

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 06:40:42 PM »
Will it affect my credit or my future chance of getting approved? I'm worried if I'll apply now and not get approved i won't be able to reapply for a few months..

It will be a hard pull on your credit report.

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
You definitely can apply there is no rules stopping you, however being that you opened a bunch of cards recently there is a chance that you'll get denied. You can re-apply anytime, it will just be another hard pull. I personally don't remember ever being denied because of a previous application, IME what they look at are accounts opened recently.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:12:02 PM by yitzf »