Author Topic: Moving personal credit line to Biz  (Read 899 times)

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
Moving personal credit line to Biz
« on: July 17, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »
I am thinking about moving some, or all, of the credit line on my chase personal card to my chase business card.

I read somewhere that that could be bad for credit score as the report now reflects less available credit thus a higher utilization rate, both on that personal card and overall.

Can anyone confirm or deny this theory?

Any help/tips would be Greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Moving personal credit line to Biz
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
A small credit line in and of itself does not adversely affect your credit; however, if as a result of this decrease your debt to utilization ratio increases, your credit will be affected.

Just make sure to pay of 99 percent of your personal balance as soon as you incur the charges, and it should be fine.

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:03:29 PM »
A small credit line in and of itself does not adversely affect your credit; however, if as a result of this decrease your debt to utilization ratio increases, your credit will be affected.

Just make sure to pay of 99 percent of your personal balance as soon as you incur the charges, and it should be fine.

My concern is more that the report may reflect a decreased credit line on my personal card. I have heard that you lose many points for a credit line decrease since it APPEARS that the issuer considers you more if a risk. Can anyone address that aspect ? True or false ?

Offline menachem_m

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
Is this possible with Amex and also going the other way?