Author Topic: iPhone Vs. Galaxy  (Read 31189 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone Vs. Galaxy
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
Well, the world is not perfect, and different people, different strokes, everyone likes something else. Would you rather buy a house where rooms can't be changed, repainting needs to be approved by the seller, you're only allowed to use the breakfast area till 8:30 am, and unless you jailbreak, your toilet won't let you pee before you pick up the seat? Or would you rather want a little bit more control in your own house?

Alol
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline bobthebuilder

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Motel 6 elite
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
Well, the world is not perfect, and different people, different strokes, everyone likes something else. Would you rather buy a house where rooms can't be changed, repainting needs to be approved by the seller, you're only allowed to use the breakfast area till 8:30 am, and unless you jailbreak, your toilet won't let you pee before you pick up the seat? Or would you rather want a little bit more control in your own house?
Amazing Mashul  :)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »
but lets say you like the house the way it is, and u make it work for you, why do you NEED a urinal in your bathroom, im perfectly fine with with a toilet.

either way, why are non of the stock apps good to use? starting from the keyboard to the clock, the whole system doesnt make sense.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
You're probably referring to touchwiz, which is Samsung's flavor/overlay of Android. Try using stock apps from Google and you'll like them much better.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the urinal, but the Google keyboard is actually a pretty decent keyboard, but I, as many others do, prefer swype, so I use that instead. Try replacing the stock keyboard on an i device.

Re The messages/hangouts issue you're having, you can revert to the messaging app, or to any of the dozens of sms app out there for that matter. We are here to help, let us know if you need any specifics.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »
You're probably referring to touchwiz, which is Samsung's flavor/overlay of Android. Try using stock apps from Google and you'll like them much better.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the urinal, but the Google keyboard is actually a pretty decent keyboard, but I, as many others do, prefer swype, so I use that instead. Try replacing the stock keyboard on an i device.

Re The messages/hangouts issue you're having, you can revert to the messaging app, or to any of the dozens of sms app out there for that matter. We are here to help, let us know if you need any specifics.
as dan has mentioned i downloaded the google keyboard. i just dont see why a company would make there own apps not good enough that ppl wouldnt be happy with them, or just simople issues. i never once had an issue with imessage or my mail app. i am trying this ohone bec everyone always talks about the android so i dont mind trying it, it just boggles my mind why half the stock apps are so bad and useless.

thanks for the help.

is there a way to get on lock-screen notifications of emails, what app messages, or hangout messages? or the only way is to swipe down?

Offline Moishel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2013, 04:22:48 PM »
First of all you need to separate the OS from the apps, would you say that Windows is a inferior product because it has Internet Explorer as a stock app? As long as Microsoft lets me install Google Chrome as my default browser I don't really mind that stock browser. And this is what people like with android, the freedom to choose. Perhaps you are from the other group of people who like everything to be decided for them, just give me a phone that I don't need to do anything to make it better, and there's nothing wrong with that, and for this group the iPhone is the perfect phone.

Now about the lock screen, What's app doesn't have a widget to display new messages, but you can use the pop up feature found in the whatsapp settings, and make sure to enable the pop up when the phone is locket. (I think you can choose if it pops up even when the screen is off or not).
But with emails, or any other app that gives you a widget, you can enable lock screen widgets under settings/security, and then from the lock screen you long press on any plus symbol to add your widget.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »
I will try that about the widgets. I don't like the pop ups on my lock screen with what's app. Its not simplified and user friendly. I like to scroll up and down and see wtvr I missed m not going back and forth and not understand whats what with the pop ups.

And yes. Finally who got it. I don't need to be in control of my phone. I'm happy and OK with the simplicity of a phone. I liked safari for the most part and I'm OK with the alarm and message apps iPhone has with its system. (I agree about Microsoft and chrome) but otherwise my life's busy enough that I'm OK not being busy with my phones settings.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2013, 02:21:13 AM »
i think i need this S4 for dummies :D

Offline Lh15

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
im with rots5, I spend enough time on my phone and computer.... as is. why would I want to complicate my life more? Unless people actually love staring at screens...

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »
im with rots5, I spend enough time on my phone and computer.... as is. why would I want to complicate my life more? Unless people actually love staring at screens...
i have my s4 for 2 weeks now... i def dont see any advt of it for my life which requires, mail (which is horrible on the s4, gmail, google, and k9) text (which also doesnt work) and internet...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
i have my s4 for 2 weeks now... i def dont see any advt of it for my life which requires, mail (which is horrible on the s4, gmail, google, and k9) text (which also doesnt work) and internet...
Sounds like you need help from someone who has an S4.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »
kitkat mail is much better

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »
Sounds like you need help from someone who has an S4.
i do :) what mail app to you use?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
Gmail.
What's wrong with it?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
Gmail.
What's wrong with it?
I have an AOL account.

Also its only technically meant for one account. Yes, I know you can add more but the whole app is designed for one. I also like going thru all my emails in one folder.

Offline bobthebuilder

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Motel 6 elite
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2013, 02:07:02 PM »
I have an AOL account.

Also its only technically meant for one account. Yes, I know you can add more but the whole app is designed for one. I also like going thru all my emails in one folder.
So get the email app... you can put all emails in one spot (even AOL)

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
I have an AOL account.

I wrote up thread how on my s3 I use stock email and it has a combined inbox. AOL and work email... No issues

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
I wrote up thread how on my s3 I use stock email and it has a combined inbox. AOL and work email... No issues
right right.. thanks

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
meanwhile I just got the g2 to try out and every time I open the email app it defaults to aol and I have to click on top to get combined inbox.

Offline cozmohoot

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
meanwhile I just got the g2 to try out and every time I open the email app it defaults to aol and I have to click on top to get combined inbox.
rots, that your mail issue?