Author Topic: Frustrating situation with a dispute on a Giftcard  (Read 1205 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Frustrating situation with a dispute on a Giftcard
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
Basically, to make a long story shorter:
 I used a $200 Visa GC from giftcard-mall, bought at staples, on AP from wife to me. Because I was doing a whole stack at the time, I thought that the transaction on this card particular failed but the balance on the card still showed zero.
I initiated a dispute, (very dumb move I admit,) saying that AP says the payment failed and the balance should be 200...
 A couple of days later I realized my mistake and I emailed and called Giftcard mall to say that the dispute was made in error and please close the dispute.
I received a letter saying that the dispute has been closed etc.
Problem: Amazon took $200 out of my account, they swear that as far as they know the dispute was not canceled and was closed in favor of the card holder and that they have refunded $200 back to GCM.
I have been calling different departments in Giftcard mall almost daily for over a month. They are acting dumb and saying that they just see that the dispute was closed by me and they claim that they never claimed/received the money from amazon.
I have spoken to supervisors and opened multiple "tickets" etc, I even got the manager at Staples to call them!
I suspect that GCM simply does not have the mechanism to refund me $200 as their computers say the dispute is closed. (They always say "opening a new dispute wouldn't work...") They simply don't know what to do...

Im at my wits end! >:(  Any suggestions would be helpful!

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating situation with a dispute on a Giftcard
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »
Don't have any advice for you, but i just went through an issue with Staples myself.
I was purchasing 10 x $200 GC. Staples can only process up to $2,000 in a transaction, so i did 9 and 1. With the order for the 1, there was an error with the GC which wouldn't activate it, so they had to get me a new GC.
When i was setting the pins for my cards, i had one card which said it wasn't active. I ended up realizing that they scanned the new GC, but gave me the old GC. This was a big issue, because on the receipt it shows all the cards were activated (there system won't allow a transaction  if the card doesn't activate). Luckily, the manager was able to find the "damaged" card which matched one from my receipt.
Just a heads up to people, if there is an error with your card, or even no error, match up the GC numbers to the receipt.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »
Is there any recourse with VISA? Like some process where VISA network can review the dispute and maybe provide me with a record of transactions.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
Update.
A couple of strongly worded emails to AP and they credited my account $200 as "Good will" even though it was not their fault.  :)

Offline DP7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
Update.
A couple of strongly worded emails to AP and they credited my account $200 as "Good will" even though it was not their fault.  :)

Now keep going at giftcardmall for an extra 200?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »
Now keep going at giftcardmall for an extra 200?
I have Hucad to exhaustion with them.
Its a nice thought though, I may give it a shot :)