Author Topic: Forum Rules: Please Read!  (Read 113872 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Forum Rules: Please Read!
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
1. Limit of one username per person. You can't share this name with anyone else.
2. No referral offers or discussion of referral offers and/or toolbars or shopping portals are allowed on the forums
3. No "flaming" or instigating personal attacks on other members, constructive criticism only!
4. No commercial advertising.
5. Start a new thread when bringing up a new issue, don't start a new topic in an existing thread.
6. Links to competing sites are not allowed.
7. Try to find the board that is the best place for your topic.
8. Perform a search prior to posting a new thread to see if it's already being discussed.
9. MLM/Pyramid Scheme discussion is not allowed.
10. Buying, selling, or trading of miles and points are not allowed.
11. Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.
12. No cross-posting.  Do not make the same post on 2 different boards or threads.
13. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
14. No PM spamming.  PM Spamming of referral offers will result in an immediate ban without warning.
15. No anonymous or fake IP addresses. The use of a VPN makes your account subject to a ban without warning at moderator discretion
16. "Gaming" discussion of credit cards is not allowed.
17. Selling of targeted card offers is not allowed.
18. Once a post is made it can't be deleted.
19. Links to or promoting WhatsApp groups are not allowed.
20. No flashing, moving, or overly large or bright signatures.

Any posts that violate these rules will be removed without notice.  Deliberate repeated or egregious violations as determined by a moderator or failure to respect moderator actions may result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban. By joining DDF you acknowledge and accept that your account information will be visible to administrators.

You may delete your account if you do not accept any of these conditions.

Forum rules are subject to change at any time.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:50:50 PM by Something Fishy »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Forum Rules: Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »
Effective immediately: Travel agents can't solicit business on DDF, except through the use of their signature line.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
By posting on DDF you are subject to the rules above.
Violators may be warned, suspended, or banned from DDF.
If you have a question about a rule feel free to PM me.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »
-Or shopping portals are allowed on the forums
As a reminder, discussion of cash back shopping portals is not allowed. Thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
-No PM spamming.  PM Spamming of referral offers will result in an immediate ban without warning.
Reminding all of this rule.
It's a violation of hasogas g'vul and common decency.

If you are sent a PM with a referral offer please report it to a mod immediately.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
-No "flaming" or instigating personal attacks on other members, constructive criticism only!

Any posts that violate these rules will be removed without notice.  Deliberate repeated or egregious violations as determined by a moderator or failure to respect moderator actions may result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban. By joining DDF you acknowledge and accept that your account information will be visible to administrators.

You may delete your account if you do not accept any of these conditions.

Forum rules are subject to change at any time.

Any lottery won via DDF agrees to share 5% of the total winnings with the site owner.

PSA: Enforcement of this rule has been enhanced.

Amen. I'm not OK with degradation on any side, but I've let things slide in the past as I don't want to feel like I'm a principal running a school or a ban happy Flyertalk mod. That included attacks on me and others without consequence.

Clearly this approach no longer works in these anxious days and stricter standards are being enforced as of today and they apply across the board.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 06:58:47 PM by jj1000 »

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 08:50:33 PM »
New DDF rule:

No flashing, moving, or overly large or bright signatures. It's not Myspace circa 2001 anymore.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons