Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 592348 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #1440 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »
So how do you do it?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #1441 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:52 AM »
So how do you do it?
You just apply for the cards again. Although it's much harder to churn the AA cards now either way. You might stand a better chance if you close / change your existing aa cards to other cards, but it's been said all along that getting an AA card multiple times with Citi is by chance, depending if you slip through the cracks or not, and that existing open AA accounts was not a deciding factor.

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »
You just apply for the cards again. Although it's much harder to churn the AA cards now either way. You might stand a better chance if you close / change your existing aa cards to other cards, but it's been said all along that getting an AA card multiple times with Citi is by chance, depending if you slip through the cracks or not, and that existing open AA accounts was not a deciding factor.

From what I have read it is 18-24 months from time of "last application" and can keep old cards and still get the bonus

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
very helpful.

Thank you all

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1444 on: September 21, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »

So you risk an inquiry every time you apply with the chance you might get denied as a non-first time user? I guess that's the only way...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #1445 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »
So you risk an inquiry every time you apply with the chance you might get denied as a non-first time user? I guess that's the only way...
Yup, pretty much. Though I usually try to do all my apps (using double or triple browsers for each bank) on the same day, e.g. Chase, Citi, AMEX etc, so they don't all see that I've applied for many cards and the credit hits that came with it.

This info about once in every 18-24 months is new to me though. That might be they way to go. The unwritten rules of this game keep on changing...

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 21, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »
Citi asked for me to release my tax return before approving an application...I don't want to for various reasons...any tips?

If I just do nothing, will they just not process it and I'll just move on my life?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 21, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »
Yup, pretty much. Though I usually try to do all my apps (using double or triple browsers for each bank) on the same day, e.g. Chase, Citi, AMEX etc, so they don't all see that I've applied for many cards and the credit hits that came with it.

This info about once in every 18-24 months is new to me though. That might be they way to go. The unwritten rules of this game keep on changing...

Yea, I've read that on FT as well. OK, i'll put it in my calendar :P

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 21, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »

If I just do nothing, will they just not process it and I'll just move on my life?

I doubt anything else would happen. Do you currently have other Citi cards open that your worried about them closing?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 24, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
I doubt anything else would happen. Do you currently have other Citi cards open that your worried about them closing?

No, am I clear to just move on and try again down the road?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »
No, am I clear to just move on and try again down the road?

I think so.

Offline lechaim2life

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 25, 2011, 03:33:17 AM »
Got a citi AA card back in April and spending bonus was only $3k in 4 months for 30k points. Is there any way to get them to match 75k points?
Also my father in law just called and asked about promotions available on his vard and they gave him 1.5:1 on everything for th AA card. Anyone know anything about that deal?

Last question- my wife has old miles on AA and she called to try to transfer them to my account and they told her that she needed to pay $200+ and enter som "reengagemnet" program. Is there any way to bypass this fee or are they very strict with old miles?

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #1452 on: September 25, 2011, 07:46:38 AM »
can i do 2 3BM one for personal and one for business

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 25, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
Miles do u know what a 3BM is

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #1454 on: September 25, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
Miles do u know what a 3BM is
yes
but for citi there is 2 pulls extra for personal and extra fro business so my question is can i do a few apps for personal and a few for business

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: September 25, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
U can't do the same card at same time bank will almost always flag it as a duplicate

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 26, 2011, 05:53:54 PM »
I am happy to report that I was able to open the Amex consumer on my wife's name but with my AA number. After meeting the treshold the first moth, I received the bonus miles, as well as the regular miles in my AA account.
My question is:
Is it risky to continue using this credit card? Could it be that Citi will catch on to it, so better off keeping a low profile and cancelling before the year is up?

I did the same - but I don't have a happy ending (yet). My Wife's first statement closed 10 days ago, but the points did not post to my account. When I emailed Citi, they insist that they transferred the points to account XXXXXX, which is my account - but they did not post for me. FWIW, I didn't meet the threshold for the bonus, just about $1,000 worth of points that's missing... If I can't get this resolved I hope I can redirect the points before I get the big bonus...

Advice?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 26, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
I did the same - but I don't have a happy ending (yet). My Wife's first statement closed 10 days ago, but the points did not post to my account. When I emailed Citi, they insist that they transferred the points to account XXXXXX, which is my account - but they did not post for me. FWIW, I didn't meet the threshold for the bonus, just about $1,000 worth of points that's missing... If I can't get this resolved I hope I can redirect the points before I get the big bonus...

Advice?

In my experience, If if doesn't go to the account number you put in (i. e. yours), they create a new account for the cardmember and send the points there.

I would call CS and ask them which AA account they're sending it to. That should resolve it.

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
In my experience, If if doesn't go to the account number you put in (i. e. yours), they create a new account for the cardmember and send the points there.

I would call CS and ask them which AA account they're sending it to. That should resolve it.

Well, I tried that already - here are the results (read from the bottom up!):

Quote from: Citi Customer Care
Subject:      Rewards not posted
Date:      September 26, 2011 8:10 EST

Yes, I understand which account it was supposed to go to. However, it has NOT gone to that account!

Date:      September 26, 2011 4:38 EST

Our records indicate that your American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles will be applied to AAdvantageŽ number XXXXXXX each month.

If you have any questions, you may contact American Airlines AAdvantageŽ Customer Service at 1-800-882-8880.

We hope this matter has been clarified.

Thank you for using our website.

Date:      September 26, 2011 4:34 EST

I understand that the miles are supposed to post to account number XXXXXXX. However, they have NOT posted to that account.

Subject:      Re: Rewards not posted
Date:      September 24, 2011 11:58 EST

The AAdvantage number linked to your Citi AAdvantage account is XXXXXXX.

For total American Airlines AAdvantageŽ mile accumulation, please call American Airlines AAdvantageŽ Customer Service directly at 1-800-421-0600.

We have processed your request. Please allow 7 - 14 days to receive a copy of the Directory of Services and Summary of Additional Program Information.

Thank you for using our website.

Date:      September 24, 2011 11:28 EST

My AA miles have not posted. Thank You

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 26, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »
Hmmm, I really don't know, but perhaps a phone call would clear it up.