Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 585039 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #1280 on: July 03, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
Is there any time limit one should wait after receiving the AA miles before cancelling? Or once you get them, you can cancel?

Meaning, did anyone ever cancel and get the miles taken back?
These rumors of card companies taking back signup bonus miles have got to end.
I've yet to hear of a single report of a company ever yanking back signup miles for closing a card. 
Some CSRs threaten that to improve their retention numbers, but I've never heard about it actually happening with any card.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 03, 2011, 12:54:57 PM »
That'll take quite a while though... 50K after $2k within 4 months, 25K after $10k during first year, 25K after $10k during second year.

+1, IIRC the FT links 100k are for 50k upon approval and 50k after 10k (first year). Much better with the FT links IMHO.

These rumors of card companies taking back signup bonus miles have got to end.
I've yet to hear of a single report of a company ever yanking back signup miles for closing a card. 
Some CSRs threaten that to improve their retention numbers, but I've never heard about it actually happening with any card.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 03, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
Ft links for 100k are dead

Online askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »
I've been recently getting back into the CC game. I posted a while back how I was hit w/ a fr from amex, and upon shutting down my 30k of credit before they would(nearly 90 percent of my credit overall), I've finally seen some recovery. This was upon being approved for the BA card. Now it's been a few months and I recently signed up for sapphire and onepass(30k +$50 offer, afraid I missed out on the 50k!) using two browsers. I'm not sure if I'm approved yet but I do want to map out a game plan(assuming I do get approved). I currently don't have any AMEX cards and would like to get a hold of a starwood again. I also have some an aadvantage personal that I hung onto this whole time(2 years or so) and a citi business(at&t card, which I had downgraded a AAdvantage Business card into). Now which route do I go, starwood, or try to get in on the 75k aa offers around. And If I do go for 75k offers, anyone here with had the aa card while applying and still got approved for the signup bonus? Thanks, in advance, I've been searching over these forums for last couple weeks but really want to be careful as I don't want to destroy my credit again!

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 05, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I've been recently getting back into the CC game. I posted a while back how I was hit w/ a fr from amex, and upon shutting down my 30k of credit before they would(nearly 90 percent of my credit overall), I've finally seen some recovery. This was upon being approved for the BA card. Now it's been a few months and I recently signed up for sapphire and onepass(30k +$50 offer, afraid I missed out on the 50k!) using two browsers. I'm not sure if I'm approved yet but I do want to map out a game plan(assuming I do get approved). I currently don't have any AMEX cards and would like to get a hold of a starwood again. I also have some an aadvantage personal that I hung onto this whole time(2 years or so) and a citi business(at&t card, which I had downgraded a AAdvantage Business card into). Now which route do I go, starwood, or try to get in on the 75k aa offers around. And If I do go for 75k offers, anyone here with had the aa card while applying and still got approved for the signup bonus? Thanks, in advance, I've been searching over these forums for last couple weeks but really want to be careful as I don't want to destroy my credit again!
i dont know the answers to your questions but if u get approved for the one pass u should sm chase and ask them to match u to the 50k offer there is a decent chance that they will

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 05, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »

Whoa, try to break your post down into smaller paragraphs next time.

Regarding your recent Chase apps, try to get your appIDs before you call reconsideration, get them approved one at a time. Offer to move credit from your BA card and possibly close the card (assuming you already got your signup bonus) in order to get approved.

Regarding Amex, do you have any (IRS reported) income for the past year? If you do, and re willing to send Amex a 4506-T form, go ahead and apply again.

Regarding Citi (75k offers), check to see what credit bureaus Citi pulls from in your state, if you don't have too many pulls on that bureaus report, and Amex/Chase don't pull from that bureau, you should definitely apply for the Citi AA offer as well.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online askmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 05, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
i dont know the answers to your questions but if u get approved for the one pass u should sm chase and ask them to match u to the 50k offer there is a decent chance that they will
Thanks, I will do that although I've been reading most of the SM sent to chase for this offer aren't working, It's worth a shot. I'm really hoping that this will be the turning point for my credit. AMEX originally linked myself and my brothers SSN for whatever reason, and upon delinking(plus the FR) really led to huge headaches and issues. I was so frustrated with the whole credit industry I just kind of gave up on it and hung onto whatever I had. I had good credit score but for some reason only experian and equifax had any history(transunion said I didn't exist!) and even they were cutting out half my credit. I know what happens to me is a definite rarity but it was hundreds of hours on the phone and in SSA offices etc....  Now after reluctantly applying for BA and getting approved, I'm hoping things will finally turn around.

Online askmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 05, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »
Whoa, try to break your post down into smaller paragraphs next time.

Regarding your recent Chase apps, try to get your appIDs before you call reconsideration, get them approved one at a time. Offer to move credit from your BA card and possibly close the card (assuming you already got your signup bonus) in order to get approved.

Regarding Amex, do you have any (IRS reported) income for the past year? If you do, and re willing to send Amex a 4506-T form, go ahead and apply again.

Regarding Citi (75k offers), check to see what credit bureaus Citi pulls from in your state, if you don't have too many pulls on that bureaus report, and Amex/Chase don't pull from that bureau, you should definitely apply for the Citi AA offer as well.
Good idea on the chase apps. A friend of mine was actually told by chase they would take his 100k miles upon cutting. He transferred them to family JIC, yet from what dan wrote earlier this seems to preposterous to actually happen.

For Amex I do have some reported income and I will attempt that.

For the citi apps, do I need to close or downgrade my current aa personal card?

Also anyone know which bureaus are pulled from per which cards in CA? 

Offline easy48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 05, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »
 [

For the citi apps, do I need to close or downgrade my current aa personal card?

+1 Id like to know same...

Also anyone know which bureaus are pulled from per which cards in CA? 

IME, and Im in CA, Chase and Citi and AMEX pull from Experian primarily.  I have been successful in freezing Experian and applying for Chase and forcing them to go to Transunion.

I have yet to try for Citi would like feedback from another CA'er.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 05, 2011, 03:05:48 PM »
[

IME, and Im in CA, Chase and Citi and AMEX pull from Experian primarily.  I have been successful in freezing Experian and applying for Chase and forcing them to go to Transunion.

YMMV on the Citi churning.

Freezing won't work for Citi.

Online askmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 05, 2011, 03:36:35 PM »
[

how do you freeze experien?

Offline easy48

• View Profile

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 05, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
When trying to go for another round is it better to put your current frequent flyer number or might  that cause them to check if you had this card alreadyand it's better to leave it blank

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 05, 2011, 05:18:29 PM »
When trying to go for another round is it better to put your current frequent flyer number or might  that cause them to check if you had this card alreadyand it's better to leave it blank

Citi isn't checking AA acct numbers.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 05, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
Thanks

Offline businessmachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 05, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
I did hear though that citi is getting tough on churning. Many people who took advantage of 75k offers last year and re applied this year got declined for " already participating in the same bonus offer".

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
I did hear though that citi is getting tough on churning. Many people who took advantage of 75k offers last year and re applied this year got declined for " already participating in the same bonus offer".

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Well Im do for a trial on this.  To test the churn I have to cancel my Citi AA where I got the 100k last year and wait 30 days?  Is that how a churn would have worked or can I just downgrade to a different card?  Any experience?

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 05, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
@businessmachine
You are right, however it is as AsherO pointed out YMMV.  And as a matter of fact I recently got approved for 1 altough I've had a  couple of them in the past.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 05, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »
Just did a triple app . Had the Visa Biz and Visa personal in the past, and  I was rejected previously for the Amex for already having the Visa.

The 2 personal are pending and the Biz they need info to substantiate my business address.

Will keep u posted if I get any

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 05, 2011, 07:20:21 PM »

AsherO query this: Do the credit pulls matter as to who pulls them or that they were pulled at all?

IOW, would the fact that Chase pulled credit inquiry for cards in the last few months affect whether Citi AA card app would go through if Citi has not pulled in several months?  Or is it that Citi doesnt care who pulls but if pulled at all?