Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 584678 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »
I'm taking bets, who thinks I'll be approved?
Go for it AsherO! I hope you get it!
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
so you meant citi then

Offline kayef

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 28, 2010, 08:45:42 AM »
I tried applying for the personal and business card at the same time (different browsers), the business app. went through but on the personal app. i got an error message telling me to try later. Am I going to be able to apply later or will it get shot down due to many applications?
Update: I applied for the personal a few days later, got approved now I'm waiting on the business app!

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
i'm referring to my original post of   "
i applied for the citibusiness and got an email asking me to call them to verify my business address. i called and they said they need two documents, either bank statements/utilitity bills/phone bills/articles of incorp etc.   anyway, i have none of those. anyone have any ideas?"
i have a business acount with chase but not the same name as the one on the app, i was wondering if anyone has tried changing the name of a business account with chase?  do they make a big deal out of it?

Why don't you change the Business name on the app to your own name (as was suggested previously)? Then, you could send anything with your name.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 28, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
i got approved right away for personal visa, 3 weeks later i get an email saying
Thank you for applying for a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa® Signature account.

Because you may be self-employed, we have additional information we would like to discuss with you to ensure we provide you with the product that best meets your business needs.

Please call us at ... before 11/01/2010.
might they un-approve me? should i worry about it?

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
i got approved right away for personal visa, 3 weeks later i get an email saying

Thank you for applying for a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa® Signature account.

Because you may be self-employed, we have additional information we would like to discuss with you to ensure we provide you with the product that best meets your business needs.

Please call us at ... before 11/01/2010.

might they un-approve me? should i worry about it?

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
if i put my account number on someone elses  application will i receive the miles in my account?
would he at least get the points if you dont or, you both lose out??
does anyone know if aa alllows you to merge accounts of husband and wife??

Offline al613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 28, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »
I once put my wifes account on my CITI AA application (same last name). Citi opened new AA acount for her that we had to merge with the old one.

Offline herbie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 28, 2010, 04:53:09 PM »
 Just go approved for another card!!!!   Quick question    I just spoke to a rep who told me that he could give me 5000 miles if I don't close my old Advantage card and that it would take 1 or 2 billing cycles until it posts  If I call to tomorrow and close it anyways do I still get  the 5K miles?

Offline yada

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 28, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
I always try to do 3 apps at once using IE, FF, and Chrome.

This past time I did just 2 and applied for the business a week later.  I got the 2 but didn't get the business because of getting the 2 cards the week before.

In other news just my other 100k signup bonus today.  I hope those links stay live for a very long time!

Does that make 200k for you?  Or is that 100k in addition to your 2 75k offers?

I messed up bad.  Applied for biz 75 days after last biz, denied of course because 2 many apps  --- rep said needed 90 days and gave me the exact date that I could have applied.  Anyway to get them to 'retract' the application? 

Applied for only 1 pers 65 days after last 2 pers were denied and they are sending me letter for more info... hope at least I get 1 pers.

Datapoint:  Supervisor very clearly said 60 days between pers cards 90 between biz apps.  She also said can only have 1 pers & 1 biz app at same time and we know better :)

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:57 PM »
Hi all,
Im an old follower, but first time poster!
Just wanted to know what is required to apply for a business credit card?
I have a regular card by AA CITI MC, and just this minute recieved from them an invitation to their business credit card to get 40k aa miles for 1k spend in first 4 months.
I dont have a business can I open? Thanks

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 28, 2010, 08:49:30 PM »
Yes you can open just put your ss# instead of a tax id#. Dont apply with your link for 40k bonus miles rather apply for the visa business which is giving 75k after $1500 in purchases in   the first 6 months

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
Yes you can open just put your ss# instead of a tax id#. Dont apply with your link for 40k bonus miles rather apply for the visa business which is giving 75k after $1500 in purchases in   the first 6 months

On my offer it says that this offer is targeted to me, will I get the 75k even if I didnt get the email?

Offline Monsey

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 28, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »
Yeah just go to the main dd site and scroll to the posting from august 1 and there will be links to the 75k offers (sorry im on my phone and i cant post a link)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #414 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »
Yeah just go to the main dd site and scroll to the posting from august 1 and there will be links to the 75k offers (sorry im on my phone and i cant post a link)
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/8803
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
Just go approved for another card!!!!   Quick question    I just spoke to a rep who told me that he could give me 5000 miles if I don't close my old Advantage card and that it would take 1 or 2 billing cycles until it posts  If I call to tomorrow and close it anyways do I still get  the 5K miles?

Why not just leave it open?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline herbie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »
Why not just leave it open?

Because I don't use the card enough and its not worth the $85 yearly fee which is due this month      Any answers?

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 29, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
I once put my wifes account on my CITI AA application (same last name). Citi opened new AA acount for her that we had to merge with the old one.
does it cost money to merge two acounts of the same person like in your situation.
its a little odd that they did that i would think that  they would open a new account for you, any explanation?

Offline azhoopsfan

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
I’ve printed and reviewed this thread (although I had to skim a lot of it since it’s so long).  But, I would like to apply for these offers before they expire and am looking for the best strategy. 

Background: 

- I have a Citi AA MC that I've had open for a number of years that has a large balance at a 1.9% rate for life. 
- My wife had a personal AA Citi MC card years ago (been closed for over 5 years). 
- We each applied for and received the Citi Visa Business Card on June 30, 2010 (only got 35k miles). 

In light of the above: 

1.   Should we each apply for both personal cards (simultaneously with different browsers)?  If not both, which one should I pick (the Visa or Amex)?  I know its YMMV with Citi and we need to “fall through the cracks” to get another card --- we’re willing to take the risk unless the odds are so long that it doesn’t make sense. 

2.   It’s been 90 days since we applied for the biz card, but the accounts are still open.  Is it possible / worth applying again?  If so, would I do these at the same time as the one/two personal applications? 

Thanks in advance!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »
I’ve printed and reviewed this thread (although I had to skim a lot of it since it’s so long).  But, I would like to apply for these offers before they expire and am looking for the best strategy. 

Background: 

- I have a Citi AA MC that I've had open for a number of years that has a large balance at a 1.9% rate for life. 
- My wife had a personal AA Citi MC card years ago (been closed for over 5 years). 
- We each applied for and received the Citi Visa Business Card on June 30, 2010 (only got 35k miles). 

In light of the above: 

1.   Should we each apply for both personal cards (simultaneously with different browsers)?  If not both, which one should I pick (the Visa or Amex)?  I know its YMMV with Citi and we need to “fall through the cracks” to get another card --- we’re willing to take the risk unless the odds are so long that it doesn’t make sense. 

2.   It’s been 90 days since we applied for the biz card, but the accounts are still open.  Is it possible / worth applying again?  If so, would I do these at the same time as the one/two personal applications? 

Thanks in advance!

If you read the entire thread you'd know the answer to both your questions is....

...You guessed it! YMMV. Everything is possible with Citi, no one here can tell you the odds (anyone who claims they can, and doesn't work for Citi, is either guessing or lying).

My answer for you is it's worth a shot for the 75,000/100,000 miles, but set your expectations low.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael