Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 590295 times)

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #760 on: March 16, 2011, 02:00:04 PM »
have you had the business card before?

first time for this particular biz. Had a fiasco with the personal card but thats a whole other story which is somewhere on this thread way back when.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:03:20 PM by josh nyc »

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #761 on: March 17, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »
Just got approved for both personal cards (Visa , AMEX) for my sister, using the multiple browser trick. I even got an error message on the second app, but still got both cards. And in case anyone is still uncertain, these were the old original links that expired in Oct. that Dan's been telling us all along will work.

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 17, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
Use three different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome) and put in all your info into the three different Citi applications (Visa, AMEX and Biz Visa), then hit submit on all three applications at (just about) the same time.

I successfully received two cards using this method just recently.

I just submitted apps for all three 75k offers using 3 different browsers.  I didn't get immediate approval with any of them. 

On on of the applications, the screen says "We ave received your application and further processing is required at htis time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision."
On the other two applications, the screen says "Your application is pending further review and we need additional information from you. Please call 1-866-606-2961 now to receive an immediate decision. Agents are available now to quickly complete the processing of your application."

Can any shed light on what these responses mean, and what I can expect to hear when I call up about the ones that say they're pending?

thanks

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #763 on: March 17, 2011, 01:30:40 AM »
I just submitted apps for all three 75k offers using 3 different browsers.  I didn't get immediate approval with any of them. 

On on of the applications, the screen says "We ave received your application and further processing is required at htis time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision."
On the other two applications, the screen says "Your application is pending further review and we need additional information from you. Please call 1-866-606-2961 now to receive an immediate decision. Agents are available now to quickly complete the processing of your application."

Can any shed light on what these responses mean, and what I can expect to hear when I call up about the ones that say they're pending?

thanks

They all sound like there's a possibility for an approval, but especially the second responses for the last two. They probably want to verify some info (very common) or shuffle around some credit lines. Call them!

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »
Why do so many people go for the 75k offer, when you can go for the 100k offer?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2011, 02:44:49 AM »
Are you serious?  Not everyone wants to deal with 9,000 more coins.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:56 AM »
Are you serious?  Not everyone wants to deal with 9,000 more coins.
During 12 months, there are way more places to use the card than only coins.

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »

I just went through 2 of these. They basically verify your personal info (no income questions), put you on hold for 5 minutes, and then hopefully approve you. So if you made it this far, I think it's a good sign for you

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »

I did the 75k offers, because I applied for all 3 at the same time, and I didn't want to have to be busy meeting the $10k threshholds on 3 cards.

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »

thanks

I just called Citi about the 2 applications that they said were "pending further review".  I got approved for both (Personal Amex and Business Visa) over the phone, after holding for a couple of minutes.  So now I'm just waiting for an answer on the 3rd application (Personal Visa) - website said I'd get a response by email within a week.

I did the 3-browser maneuver, but I'm surprised I even got approved for 2 of them because I already have a Citi AAdvantage MasterCard and a couple of other citi cards, which aren't utilized much.  That being said, they only approved me for $5k on the Amex and $9k on the Business.

Offline josh nyc

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

I like to "cash out" on my offers as soon as I can - its a personal thing but thats what I like to do. As its been explained, the 75k offer is alot easier/quicker to hit (assuming you dont have a million dollar retail business) than the 100k, and I like to get in and then get out whenever I feel like it

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
I like to "cash out" on my offers as soon as I can - its a personal thing but thats what I like to do. As its been explained, the 75k offer is alot easier/quicker to hit (assuming you dont have a million dollar retail business) than the 100k, and I like to get in and then get out whenever I feel like it
All right, I guess to each their own. I would rather put in more effort for an additional 25k.

Offline milechazzer

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 18, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »

thanks

I got approved over the phone for the two applications that they said I should call them about. For the other application that said "further processing is required", I just received this email:

Why we're writing you
 Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Platinum
 Select(R) / AAdvantage(R) Visa(R) Signature account.

Here's what you should know
 Unfortunately, we are unable to approve the application at
 this time because:

o   You have submitted multiple applications for credit.

We appreciate your interest and we hope to have the opportunity
 to serve you in the future.

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 27, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
can somone confirm a few things for me? are all these links still working? does the citi aa amex go through citibank or amex? also  is there anything else i should know if i choose to apply?

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 27, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
does anyone know if i apply and i had citi card in the past so they might turn me down because its for first time only. will they do an inquiry with cr or i have nothing to loose by applying?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
can somone confirm a few things for me? are all these links still working? does the citi aa amex go through citibank or amex? also  is there anything else i should know if i choose to apply?
1) Yes, as long as you get an application page when you click the link, it's still working.
2) Through Citi
3) Like what?

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
hey my friend just told me that he had  aadvantage visa and citi bank sent him an amex withour him requesting it also and told him charges on the amex will receive 1.2miler perdollar instead of the usual one dollar per mile on the visa

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »
hey my friend just told me that he had  aadvantage visa and citi bank sent him an amex withour him requesting it also and told him charges on the amex will receive 1.2miler perdollar instead of the usual one dollar per mile on the visa
Been discussed already on this thread.
Thank you.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 29, 2011, 01:08:10 PM »
Been discussed already on this thread.
Thank you.
Sorry didn't see that

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 29, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
Sorry didn't see that
Solachti Kidvorecho.
If You See Something, Say Something!!