Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 584747 times)

Offline joeyjava

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #880 on: April 28, 2011, 11:32:58 PM »
does any1 kno if these links are still working because they just go to the application page and there is now a "promo" for 30k

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #881 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:42 AM »
does any1 kno if these links are still working because they just go to the application page

It was always that way.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 29, 2011, 01:42:20 AM »
does any1 kno if these links are still working because they just go to the application page and there is now a "promo" for 30k
Worry not.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #883 on: April 29, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
Worry not.
+1
Just got another 75k card...confirmed sign up bonus with CSR

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 29, 2011, 02:12:49 PM »
I doubled up on the personal Visa and Amex late last night and was not instantly approved (hovering mid 750s Exp rating). I then called customer service this morning and was asked to verify some information. They then approved me for both cards with 9k limits each and the 75k mile promos.

The one kicker was that it was with 4k spending limits within 6 months instead of the 1.5k. 8k wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have spending goals on a few other cards I just received. The application employee told me to give customer service a call once I received the cards to go over the promo terms so I'll give you guys an update then if the 1.5k spending is still available.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #885 on: April 29, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »
I doubled up on the personal Visa and Amex late last night and was not instantly approved (hovering mid 750s Exp rating). I then called customer service this morning and was asked to verify some information. They then approved me for both cards with 9k limits each and the 75k mile promos.

The same CSR approved you for both at once on the phone?

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 29, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »
The same CSR approved you for both at once on the phone?

Yes - correct. The original approval was only for the Amex then I had her look into the Visa app as well. She immediately said that I was approved for it.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:47 PM »
Yes - correct. The original approval was only for the Amex then I had her look into the Visa app as well. She immediately said that I was approved for it.

Wow that is interesting. My wife has 2 pending apps with them and i was afraid to call as they would see both and likely deny one.

I wonder if your experience is the norm or whether most reps would notice and deny the second...

When you called, did you just give them the social and they pulled them up or did you have the reference numbers? Im assuming the latter as you said you you called about the amex originally?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:28:41 PM by David »

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 29, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »
Wow that is interesting. My wife has 2 pending apps with them and i was afraid to call as they would see both and likely deny one.

I wonder if your experience is the norm or whether most reps would notice and deny the second...

I'd imagine it's a case by case basis. Personally, I actually use a Citi card as one of my primary cards (for dining) so I'm not sure if that affected my application. Regardless, I was willing to split the CL across both just saying that I would prefer to have a Visa as a backup for the Amex (in case Amex isn't accepted).

Judging by others' recent experiences, it doesn't look like instant approvals are occurring that often for Citi or Chase apps, at least not on the popular mileage promos.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
I'd imagine it's a case by case basis. Personally, I actually use a Citi card as one of my primary cards (for dining) so I'm not sure if that affected my application. Regardless, I was willing to split the CL across both just saying that I would prefer to have a Visa as a backup for the Amex (in case Amex isn't accepted).

Judging by others' recent experiences, it doesn't look like instant approvals are occurring that often for Citi or Chase apps, at least not on the popular mileage promos.

thanks...

looks like i edited my last post after you quoted it...
When you called, did you just give them the social and they pulled them up or did you have the reference numbers? Im assuming the latter as you said you you called about the amex originally?

Offline haxx19

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »
thanks...

looks like i edited my last post after you quoted it...

I provided my SSN as I only had one reference number saved, but my original intent was to call re: both cards. I'd imagine you could probably make separate calls to different CSRs for each reference number to eliminate some of the risk of them seeing multiple applications. If only one of us worked in a Bank Service Center to verify the approval process...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 30, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
So, has anyone been approved for multiple rounds of triple applications? Please share your experiences.

If only one of us worked in a Bank Service Center to verify the approval process...

+1 Inside information rules!
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 30, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »
Just did another trifecta for the wife....all three are pending (she had all 3 already). I used my aa # for all 3 of them hoping to get me a little closer to 1MM before AA changes that.

Will report back on what happens with them

All 3 denied.

The biz card due to recent application for credit.

The visa and amex due to offer being valid for first-time citi/Aadvantage cardmembers only...

The thread is huge so dont shoot me for asking this...has anyone successfully had the "first time denial" reconsidered?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 30, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
The thread is huge so dont shoot me for asking this...has anyone successfully had the "first time denial" reconsidered?

+100 I urgently need to know if I'm wasting my time padding my Equifax with another hit (or two?) going for another round of these. IIRC, I've done 3 rounds and gotten only one card on the first round.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #894 on: May 01, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »
I have heard that if you wait 60 days between cards then this card is churnable. Never tried it myself though

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 01, 2011, 12:10:40 AM »
I received a (targeted?) 50k offer in the mail recently, am I more likely to get approved with that? Any way to combine it with another two (simultaneous) 75k offers online?

I have heard that if you wait 60 days between cards then this card is churnable. Never tried it myself though

Have you heard that specifically about the 75/100k offer?

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #896 on: May 01, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »
I received a (targeted?) 50k offer in the mail recently, am I more likely to get approved with that? Any way to combine it with another two (simultaneous) 75k offers online?

Have you heard that specifically about the 75/100k offer?
No, but i wouldn't think that they're (no) churning policy would vary from offer to offer?

Also, after i got my first citi AA visa a few weeks later i got an amex AA offer in the mail. I signed up for the Amex and was approved instantly... Not sure if that had to do with the fact that it was targeted towards me. Maybe i just got lucky?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 10, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »
A week ago I put through a triple-app (my third round IIRC). The two personal cards got declined (one for multiple app and one for first time cardholders only), and the biz got declined for multiple apps too. I called them and pleaded my case, and got the biz app submitted for credit review, today I got an email that I'm approved with $8k CL :D FTW!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:13:24 AM by AsherO »

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #898 on: May 10, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
A week ago I put through a triple-app (my third round IIRC). The two personal cards got declined (one for multiple app and one for first time cardholders only), and the biz got declined for multiple apps too. I called them and pleaded my case, and got the personal app submitted for credit review, today I got an email that I'm approved with $8k CL :D FTW!!!

Lucky you. Congrats!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 10, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
Lucky you. Congrats!

Thank you. I was hoping to get one of the personals approved too, but it seems like I've hit a brick wall.