Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 584872 times)

Offline Bp

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #1000 on: May 18, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
@txtmax4:
I did it a couple of weeks ago,I told them I want to convert it because I don't want to pay a annual fee, they said according to the new regulations they can't convert it instantly, I have to wait 45 days.   

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
@txtmax4:
I did it a couple of weeks ago,I told them I want to convert it because I don't want to pay a annual fee, they said according to the new regulations they can't convert it instantly, I have to wait 45 days.   
Did you threaten to cancel?
Did they start the conversion process which will be complete in 45 days or you have to call them back in 45 days altogether?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Bp

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »
Did you threaten to cancel?
Did they start the conversion process which will be complete in 45 days or you have to call them back in 45 days altogether?
Didn't have to threaten at all.
I got a letter from Citi that its going to convert automatically on June 10,

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 18, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
Didn't have to threaten at all.
I got a letter from Citi that its going to convert automatically on June 10,
Wonder of wonders!
I have like 5 cards that I want to convert!

Offline Bp

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 18, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
Wonder of wonders!
I have like 5 cards that I want to convert!
Whats left to say is!!!!!!!!! Call Again

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 18, 2011, 11:06:54 PM »
Whats left to say is!!!!!!!!! Call Again
Of course I will call again. Like with everything else, I persist till i get it.
What I'm wondering here is how come you and AsherO are getting done so easily...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 19, 2011, 04:51:39 AM »
Of course I will call again. Like with everything else, I persist till i get it.
What I'm wondering here is how come you and AsherO are getting done so easily...

1. Gift of the gab ;)
2. Luck.
3. Say the right things (but don't ask, I can't tell you what they are as I'm not sure myself).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »
Just called the application status hotline regarding my business app

They advised that they are going to send me a form authorizing them to obtain my business' tax returns from the IRS

Suggestions?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #1008 on: May 19, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
i'm having some issues churning this card, I cancelled my last aadvantage card 2.5 months ago and when i applied they said that i cannot be eligible due to being a previous cardholder. I asked them if they will ever want my business again, and they said they cannot tell me how long to wait in order to be considered a "new cardmember". I tried twice and even spoke to a supervisor... but nothing worked. Shall i keep trying? or just give up? With most other cc companies if i try hard enough i usually get my way... is citi much stricter?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #1009 on: May 19, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »
Wow, Citi is pretty dumb.

So i recently did 3 trifectas for 3 people.

Person 1- 1 denied, 2 pending. Received letters asking for 4506-T on the pending. Called citi and cancelled apps as he doesnt have income. Then called back on the denied and had it resubmitted as it was denied due to recent apps...they had it resubmitted and it was approved :o

Person 2- 1 denied, 2 pending. Of the 2 pending, 1 was approved. The other is a business card and still pending.

Person 3- 1 denied, 2 pending. 1 of the pendings received a letter asking for 4506-T. Called citi and they said the process could take a month after sending it back so i cancelled the app. The other pending (business) was just approved :o So they approved the business card without the IRS form but wouldnt do the personal one.

Everything is pure YMMV. The 1 denied one on all 3 accounts is because of recent request for credit, meaning it saw the other apps out there.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 19, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »
Everything is pure YMMV.

I've been saying this forever, there's absolutely no predicting with the trifecta-method for this offer.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
@ David:
I assume the all owned cards previously?

That's the only thing (and obviously having a normal credit score) that isn't YMMV.

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »
They don't affect utilization. Defaults will definitely show up on your report.

Asher I got a question for you
If I have personal credit cards with Citi and a business card with a tax I'd number, I then default on my personal credit cards would that trigger Citi to shut down my business credit card or since it is on a different business profile and they only check your social initially to have someone personally liable, will it remain active so long as I pay and keep current.

For that matter the question actually applies to all credit cards company?

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
The dark side of CCs :'(

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 22, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Asher I got a question for you
If I have personal credit cards with Citi and a business card with a tax I'd number, I then default on my personal credit cards would that trigger Citi to shut down my business credit card or since it is on a different business profile and they only check your social initially to have someone personally liable, will it remain active so long as I pay and keep current.

For that matter the question actually applies to all credit cards company?

I don't think there's a blanket rule for all CC companies, and each situation and credit card company would have to be researched individually, to see what people have reported in the past.

CC companies are notorious for such practices, when they smell risk they are quick to drop you like a hot potato or suddenly hit you with outrageous interest rates. They were doing this thing called 'universal default' where if you defaulted on one card (e.g. your Discover card) another bank (e.g. Citi) would raise your interest rate to their default rate, default rates sometimes are often 30% or more). I think universal default was recently outlawed, but that should help answer your question. I'd say if you defaulted on your personal account with any CC company, your business accounts with them are very likely to be at risk of sanctions/closure.

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 22, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
I don't think there's a blanket rule for all CC companies, and each situation and credit card company would have to be researched individually, to see what people have reported in the past.

CC companies are notorious for such practices, when they smell risk they are quick to drop you like a hot potato or suddenly hit you with outrageous interest rates. They were doing this thing called 'universal default' where if you defaulted on one card (e.g. your Discover card) another bank (e.g. Citi) would raise your interest rate to their default rate, default rates sometimes are often 30% or more). I think universal default was recently outlawed, but that should help answer your question. I'd say if you defaulted on your personal account with any CC company, your business accounts with them are very likely to be at risk of sanctions/closure.
Thanx for your detailed response.
Correct me if I'm wrong I've heard in the past that after initial application your business account is totally independent and has no affiliation with your social and therefore should not be affected.
I do understand that with same bank it may be risky however with another bank I don't think it should affect it.

Anybody have any experience with this situation.....please shed some light.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 22, 2011, 12:33:49 PM »
Thanx for your detailed response.
Correct me if I'm wrong I've heard in the past that after initial application your business account is totally independent and has no affiliation with your social and therefore should not be affected.

AFAIK you're wrong. If you're delinquent on a business account it'll probably show up on your personal credit report.

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 22, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »
AFAIK you're wrong. If you're delinquent on a business account it'll probably show up on your personal credit report.
Correct but not vice versa!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 22, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
Correct but not vice versa!

Your personal delinquency not showing on your company's D&B doesn't at all mean that the CC issuer won't see you (including your business) as a higher credit and take action based on that.

Are you asking me a question, trying to correct me, looking for an argument or some other combination thereof?

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 22, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
Your personal delinquency not showing on your company's D&B doesn't at all mean that the CC issuer won't see you (including your business) as a higher credit and take action based on that.

Are you asking me a question, trying to correct me, looking for an argument or some other combination thereof?
Say I have a chase business and Citi personal after defaulting on Citi prsonal how would chase know that I defaulted?