Author Topic: Citi AA signup bonus 50K, 75K, or even 100K??!!  (Read 584804 times)

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Citi AA signup bonus 75K or even 100K??!!
« Reply #1100 on: June 03, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »

OK, what I would do is call them up and say you goofed up on the application.  You're an SP, the name of your business is "<your name> Consulting" and what you do is "outreach for <whatever you really do for a job>".  Just say you mis-read the application, had a phone call in the middle, hit send before you were done, whatever... 

The one thing you have to figure out is how to finesse the lack of documentation.  You could apply for an EIN with the IRS but that'll take a week or two to get the letter from them.  You can say you don't have any of the regular bills because you work out of your home.  You could offer to fax her a copy of your business card if you're handy in whipping one up real quick.

Thank you for both of your replies!

I didn't see the option of "Sole Proprietor," I did write that my business address is the same as my home address - if that's what it means.

They told me I should send in either a utility bill, bank statement, lease or rent statement, and insurance statement  with my name of business on it. (They mentioned more but I didn't care to listen as I have none of anything...) What did I say my business is? "Outreach" - which could mean anything. That's all the information involved.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1101 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »
You can get an EIN online from the IRS instantly.  Not that you need one if you apply as a SP.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 04, 2011, 12:30:32 AM »
You can get an EIN online from the IRS instantly.  Not that you need one if you apply as a SP.

right.

but if he needs a letter with the biz name on it, waiting for the irs letter will take a couple weeks.  but it's so official - who would doubt an irs letter....  <lol>

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »
Just got my 2 cards:
1)Citi AA Business 100k
2)Citi AA Amex

However just realized u can't earn more than 100k points per calendar year, still worth the bonus though!!!!

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 04, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
OK, what I would do is call them up and say you goofed up on the application.  You're an SP, the name of your business is "<your name> Consulting" and what you do is "outreach for <whatever you really do for a job>".  Just say you mis-read the application, had a phone call in the middle, hit send before you were done, whatever... 

The one thing you have to figure out is how to finesse the lack of documentation.  You could apply for an EIN with the IRS but that'll take a week or two to get the letter from them.  You can say you don't have any of the regular bills because you work out of your home.  You could offer to fax her a copy of your business card if you're handy in whipping one up real quick.

I just looked at the form again and realized what you meant. I actually did apply as an SP, however instead of writing my business name is "Nitantnel outreach," I worte my name is "OORAH Outhreach." The truth is a that a business ran as an SP can have a different name: "A sole proprietor may use a trade name or business name other than his or her legal name." (Wikipedia)
I'm thinking of just calling back and try my luck with a different Rep. Think it will work?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #1105 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:15 AM »
right.

but if he needs a letter with the biz name on it, waiting for the irs letter will take a couple weeks.  but it's so official - who would doubt an irs letter....  <lol>

the letter is instant...it displays on your computer and you print it out. They dont mail you anything.

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #1106 on: June 05, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »
Does it make sense to apply for the citi AMAX if I just applied for a different amax, or I should wait until the month ends and improve my chances in getting accepted with AMAX?
is there a new credit card company out there that i have never heard of  :D

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 05, 2011, 12:55:35 AM »
the letter is instant...it displays on your computer and you print it out. They dont mail you anything.

cool, i haven't applied for an EIN in a few years.    welcome to the 90's, irs.  :)

Offline Spiffster

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 05, 2011, 01:01:59 AM »
I just looked at the form again and realized what you meant. I actually did apply as an SP, however instead of writing my business name is "Nitantnel outreach," I worte my name is "OORAH Outhreach." The truth is a that a business ran as an SP can have a different name: "A sole proprietor may use a trade name or business name other than his or her legal name." (Wikipedia)
I'm thinking of just calling back and try my luck with a different Rep. Think it will work?

Sure, you can name your business anything you want - it's not just limited to SPs either.  But if john doe tries to operate his sp named smurf enterprises, he's going to have a hard time if he doesn't have his dba filed.  and operating includes banking and credit activities.  see here for what a dba is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doing_business_as.  if your full name is included in the business name, you'll have a much easier time dealing with financial people. 

then again, you could get someone who knows what oorah is.  You can try calling another csr, sure.  as long as you don't get angry with them and don't hear them typing notes into your account, you can call pretty much as much as you want.  just keep track of who you talk to so you can hang up when you get the same person you got 15 minutes ago...   :)

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 05, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »
  just keep track of who you talk to so you can hang up when you get the same person you got 15 minutes ago...   :)
;D -
yep, we must keep track in this game...

Thank you for your help!

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 05, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
@stevesteve
I don't think the bonuses count toward the 100k limit (or the churners would all be out of luck).

Offline txtmax4

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 05, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
@stevesteve
I don't think the bonuses count toward the 100k limit (or the churners would all be out of luck).
+1
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 05, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
@stevesteve
Why would churners be out of luck? Doesn't churning mean that u get the bonus and close the account and try to apply again and get the bonus again? (never churned so I'm not sure I know what it is)

Is there a Citi AA card that u can earn unlimited points? Without a yearly cap, as the these cards listed in this thread?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 05, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
Why would churners be out of luck? Doesn't churning mean that u get the bonus and close the account and try to apply again and get the bonus again? (never churned so I'm not sure I know what it is)

Yes, that's what churning means, GIYF.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »
can someone plz check i tried the 75k after 1500 link for the visa card and it is not working. is it working for anyone?

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 07, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »
update it seems from other websites that the 75k 1500 offer is working for the visa and visa business and the 75k 4k offers are all working but the 75k amex and all the 50/100k offers are dead

Offline stevesteve

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 07, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
update it seems from other websites that the 75k 1500 offer is working for the visa and visa business and the 75k 4k offers are all working but the 75k amex and all the 50/100k offers are dead
where is link for 75k after 4k?

Offline myb821

• View Profile

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #1118 on: June 07, 2011, 12:26:38 PM »
I just tried all 75K 1500, theyre all getting errors...seems theyre all dead. I even cleared my cookies.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 07, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »
I just tried all 75K 1500, theyre all getting errors...seems theyre all dead. I even cleared my cookies.
visa and visa business worked for me just a min ago